Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eaststand85 View Post
    Takes a lot of money (and no hair) to look this cheap:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...d-Bentley.html
    Nice to see that Stephen spends his time on high culture when he is not playing for Ireland.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eaststand85 View Post
    Takes a lot of money (and no hair) to look this cheap:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...d-Bentley.html
    Jeezy Creezy, I think I just puked a little in my mouth.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    thats horrendous
    Joe O'Shea had a pretty balanced piece about Ireland in the pullout of Saturdays Irish Independent.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Chavopoly.
    I

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Stephen Ireland is trying to show his credentials to play International football for Chavland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Stephen Ireland is trying to show his credentials to play International football for Chavland
    Brilliant The 23 year old Chavland international.
    I

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Haha, that's taking the mickey.
    The chap needs to grow the fupp up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ireland's special move is now 'pimping out expensive cars with ludicrous pink & white trim'. The Range Rover, the RS8, and now this. His footballing achievments shall fade into obscurity for all but Manchester City fans. Stephen Ireland is now Ridicucar Guy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I just puked all over the carpet. Thanks Stephen....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He'd buy a way nicer girlfriend for that kind of money

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    thats horrendous
    Joe O'Shea had a pretty balanced piece about Ireland in the pullout of Saturdays Irish Independent.
    Yeah I seen that he said he was a right wan*er.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Who would do that to a bentley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Daily Mirror Interview - 'I will never play for arrogant Trapattoni'

Link http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle182069.html

Stephen Ireland has ruled out a return to the international scene - even if the Republic of Ireland make next summer's World Cup.

The Manchester City star branded Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni "arrogant" and said that had made him more determined to stick by his decision.

Ireland has not played for his country for two years, standing by his self-imposed exile after revealing he hated meeting up with the squad for international duty.

While his former international team-mates are preparing for Saturday's crucial World Cup qualifier against Italy, Ireland will be spending time with his girlfriend and young family.

And in an exclusive interview with Mirror Sport, Ireland blamed Trapattoni's perceived arrogance for making him even more determined to stay away.

"Even with the prospect of the World Cup, it hasn't crossed my mind once about going back," said Ireland. "I never felt part of the squad and I never will.

"I met Trapattoni for a chat at a hotel near Manchester Airport last year but that did nothing for me.

"It made no sense whatseover. In fact, I felt like there was a lot of arrogance going on, so I just felt like I wasn't really interested.

"Me and my financial adviser, who's looked after me all my life and is someone I really trust, sat down with Trapattoni, his right-hand man and Liam Brady.

"In the middle of chatting, like we are now, he'd have four different phones going off and he kept leaving the room to talk to people.

"He'd come back, say 'sorry where was I?' but then another one would go off and after the third of fourth time this happened, I head another phone ringing.

"Trapattoni went over to where the phone was ringing and got it out of one of his bags. We were just sat there like, 'what is going on?'.

"After that we had a chat and, I guess he shouldn't have to sell it to me. But I think he should have made some sort of effort to sell it to me, and he just never really did that.

"I think he felt like I'd just want to come running back, because I think at the time he didn't rate me as a player.

"But that was before last season. Since then he hasn't spoken to me once. Then, over the summer, Ireland had a game away against Bulgaria.

"A week before that game I was in my garden, playing with the kids. I answered my phone by accident, as I was checking the time, and it was Trapattoni.

"He asked me if there was a possibility of meeting up in the future. I hadn't given it any thought, but I said guess there was no harm in meeting him.

"I thought he meant in the next few days, for the Bulgaria game. I said 'when?' and he said 'four months'. I thought that was weird, but I said I suppose it wouldn't do any harm.

"But I think he made that call for his own benefit, rather than mine, because he said to me 'Is it okay if I tell the Press I've spoken to you and there's a chance of you coming back?'.

"I said 'you can tell people we've spoken and maybe we'll meet up in the future, but don't say there's a chance of me coming back because there probably isn't'.

"As soon as he switched from taking about meeting up with me to announcing it to the media, I knew what his agenda was."

Ireland famously lied about the deaths of two grandmothers to be excused international duty, and was ridiculed when his deceit was exposed.

But he candidly admitted he had never enjoyed being away on international duty, from when he was an aspiring teenager coming through the Ireland ranks.

"My parents encouraged me to play and said it was really important for my development," said Ireland.

"I played for the Under-14s, Under-15s and so on. But as soon as I came over here and signed my contract with City, I said 'that's it'. I rejected going to a lot of the squads.

"I got called up to the full squad under Brian Kerr, then we had a massive fall-out. I stayed away for two or three years, which was a blessing in disguise.

"Then Steve Staunton called me up, and I'd just broken into the City team, so I felt I had to go. But after two or three squads I was thinking 'what am I doing here?'.

"There were times I'd finish a game with City at 8pm, then I was meant to meet up with the Ireland squad at 10pm in Dublin.

"I'd just ring up and say I don't feel well. There was nothing wrong with me, I just had no intention of ever going. I just never enjoyed it.

"I know fans will say 'well every other player does it', and that's fine, fair play. But I'm not bothered.

"A lot of the lads here at City didn't think I'd stand by my decision not to play for Ireland and I was like 'told you so'."

Ireland admitted he still watches his country on television whenever they play, but said he felt so removed from the international scene it is as if he was never involved.

"When I watch Ireland games it's weird," he said. "It's like I was never there and I don't miss it all if I'm honest.

"People forget that I only played six games. I just seem to be into the routine and the mindset that when the international break comes around, I'm not there.

"I love being able to do things with my kids. During the last international break they were about to start school, so it was nice to take them away for a few days

"When the international break comes around it's like 'great, what am I doing with the kids', not 'oh I hope I'm not in the squad'.

"A lot of people would probably think I'd love to go to the World Cup, but to be honest it hasn't really crossed my mind once.

"I hope they get there, it would be great for the country if they did. It would be a massive achievement for the manager and the players."

Despite being a rarity in terms of his refusal to play for his country, Ireland claimed more players will follow his lead in the future, with internationals losing their pull.

"Personally, I think internationals are going to be something of the past," he said. "The pride of it and all that, I just think it's getting lesser and lesser.

"Players these days don't see as pride in their country, they see it more as a chore, you know 'God, I have to go again'. That was the way it always was for me.

"I think you'll be surprised how many players - young ones at that - who will retire from international football after the World Cup.

"Look how many games they play a year, and all the pressure from club football, it's hard to see many playes really enjoying international football any more."

Didier Drogba, Ronaldo, any of these footballers who gets labelled a disgrace to the game should be placed alongside this piece of **** and hailed as a saint. I cannot think of words bad enough to describe this 'man'. I will never support an Ireland team with him wearing our jersey. A disgrace to his country and his family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Why cant he ever give an interview to an Irish paper? Always the mirror guardian etc.

Coward
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    shock horror, the week of an international Stephen gives another interview to try and feck up Ireland's preparations and to ensure more attention for himself much in the same manner as his attention seeking cars.

I love the way he pretty much mentions the only thing he gives a **** about is money, and how great it is to finally have some time to spend with his many kids. Stephen, you earn €70k a week, you have the entire summer off, and you work what 10am to 3pm 5 days a week, play a game one day, then have a day off after that. God however do the wee ones cope??
    Last edited by Jicked; 07/10/2009 at 9:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    According to that article they are going to meet four months after the Bulgaria game, which is around now I suppose! Fat chance of that. Let him have his Bentleys, Kung Fu and whatever else. Joe O'Shea's article on Saturday said all Stephen Ireland wanted to do when he was growing up was play for Ireland. That mirror interview says quite the opposite.
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well .. he would not be much use to us on Saturday as he was burned out after 5 or 6 games this season from running up and down the Cotswolds naked or whatever he was doing on International nights.

too doped up on all the trappings of being a rich footballer to care .. there is no point in trying to get through to him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    *sigh*

Stephen Ireland, go to hell.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Nothing new in the interview, it's the same quotes that were out the week the squad was being announced so I reckon it's just a re-hash rather then a new interview.

What a horrible little scrote he is though.