147 26.68%
Page 123 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Go **** yourself Stephen, delighted that he'll never play for us again. The way he's come out and timed his comments consistently to try to undermine our campaign I think the FAI could come out and say he will no longer be considered for selection again to hammer another nail in this fantasit's coffin.

BTW, has anyone got the link to Stephen's comments about how "no-one from the Ireland camp has ever spoken to me"...which he appears to have just admitted was (yet another) lie in his latest interview?
    Like I said, he's living in a fantasy world, a complete lier and fantasist.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Completely ridiculous for ireland to accuse trapattoni of arrogance. At least he has achieved things in the game. It's always somebody elses fault with this lad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    My in-laws live near Glossop where that bald cnut does his own fitness training. Next time I go up to stay there I'm going to ambush him with a baseball bat and then we'll see who's arrogant. Jeez I hate that git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was prepared to give him a chance if he togged out or atleast was named in the squad for the itailan game, but if this article is true, good ridence to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richieos View Post
    Completely ridiculous for ireland to accuse trapattoni of arrogance. At least he has achieved things in the game. It's always somebody elses fault with this lad.
    Indeed, one thing that's clear about Trap from his tenure thus far is that he's far from arrogant, and is quite down to earth, has a laugh but crucially knows his football inside out after 50 or so years as a professional. Of course before the play-offs we can all except Stephen to come out with another interview saying how "it was...erm, Liam Brady, yes, that'll do, who was arrogant to me......but never say never like, maybe one day in the future...."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I hate to add yet another post to the little tw@ts thread but i hope that this will confirm at last that he does not want and should not be allowed to come back. up until recently i'd held out the hope that he would return purely because our midfield is so bad without s. reid. but now i hope that in 5 or 6 six years time when the little sh!t gains some maturity or is in the doldrums with his beloved Man City and fancies a World Cup, that the manager, who ever that is, tells him to p!ss off. what a horrible, spiteful person the lad must be. i hope he's shafted by the Arabs when they buy more galacticos.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I for one am impressed with his brutal honesty. In fairness to him, he's never said that he'd be interested in playing for Ireland again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    ah yeah, sure thats grand then.

Youre completely missing the point CR.

was he brutally honest about his grannies?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I for one am impressed with his brutal honesty. In fairness to him, he's never said that he'd be interested in playing for Ireland again.
    How is he being honest when in one interview he says that Trap hasnt contacted him and now he says that he talked to him during the summer
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    He's not messing us around by saying maybe he'd come back, it doesn't get much clearer than "I will never play for Ireland again." Get it through your heads lads, he's gone for good. Let's move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    He's not messing us around by saying maybe he'd come back, it doesn't get much clearer than "I will never play for Ireland again." Get it through your heads lads, he's gone for good. Let's move on.
    I think we have all got that point now... but hasnt he messed us around for the last 2 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I think we have all got that point now... but hasnt he messed us around for the last 2 years
    No, I honestly don't think he has. I believe we've been messing ourselves around by wanting to believe that he'll come back. I think you'll find it hard to produce a link quoting him saying anything regarding a possible comeback other than a simple NO.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    No, I honestly don't think he has. I believe we've been messing ourselves around by wanting to believe that he'll come back. I think you'll find it hard to produce a link quoting him saying anything regarding a possible comeback other than a simple NO.

Em, i think you'll find from this article:

Asked if he is considering a return himself, the Cobh-born 22-year-old added: 'Yeah, yeah, but I'm trying to keep the head down at the moment.'

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1214/irelands.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I cant be bothered to go looking through all his comments in the past 2 seasons but in nearly every one of them he said some variation of never say never. This is the first time he has definitively said that he is not coming back.

Anyway, this is my last post about the pr1ck.Retiring from international football at such a young age is ridiculous.I hope he will be happy counting his money while being a pariah in his own country for the rest of his life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Let's forget about this excuse of a man and concentrate on qualifly for the World Cup and bringing pride back for football in this country.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    What are you on about CR? Honesty?! The guy could have put this to bed years ago, instead he allows himself go on the record making "never say never" and "I'm happy not playing, for the time being" so that the press whirlwind blows up again and again and so that he can centre of attention time and again. Paul Scholes retired from international football, said thank you very much, not inetersted any more. Was asked to come back years later, and refused.
    Stephen doesn't have the class or dignity to act like that if he doesn't want to play for Ireland (which we all know he doesn't). Instead he's a nasty, nasty piece of work, trying to put other people in trouble, keep himself in the press and seemingly cause as much turmoil as possible. As I've said before I'll be so proud of this Irish team if we go the World Cup with two guys like Andrews and Whelan in the middle whilst a hugely talented individual like Ireland is forced to stay at home.

Again, hopefully the FAI man up as the Scottish FA did re: Barry Ferguson and say Stephen Ireland will no longer be conisdered for selection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    "When I watch the Ireland games its weird, I feel like I was never part of it."

Why watch if you dont care and will never come back? I thought he had all manner of other things to do? Is he rooting against the team?
    Im tired of this dope. 2 Reids and a Finnan will equal 1 S. Ireland. I hope. Gulp.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    It'd be nice if the media at large could pick up on these quotes and stop insinuating that maybe there's more that can be done to bring him back. They guy has shown contempt to every single one of us, the team, the management and everyone in the press too.

Time for the press to turn on him. Instead of "of Stephen, we'd be sooooo much better with you" it's time to call him for what he is - an immature self-interested cnut who walked out on Ireland as a teenager and has done it again.

I agree with Crosby (seriously): 2 Reids & Finnan = me doing cartwheels down Oxford Street singing c'mon you boys in green. Even 2 of those 3.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I don't think Trap would have had him back anyway, I think he knows that.

Anyway he was crap in his last Man CIty match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Good, this should finally put this issue to bed. I have long hoped to have him back, and always stood up for the guy, but no more. He has come across as a little **** in the way he spoke about Trap. This should finally open all Stephen Irelands supporters to the kind of person he is. We have a great chance of getting to a world cup with committed players who care about the shirt, we dont need toss pots like this who need their ego massaged. Good riddance. To see guys like Kevin Kilbane, with a handicapped child, come over for every single game and give his everything for his cause just highlights how patethic an individual Mr Ireland has shown himself to be. You will be forgotten by the Man City fans one year after you retire Stephen, had you returned to us you could have been remembered forever