Page 122 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Saying hunt could injure someone on purpose is stupid alright, for one he doesnt have the inteligence too, it would have to be an accident. Qualified or not it clearly doesnt make a difference to Ireland he simply doesnt want to play. Its hilarious how ye keep asking for it too be locked and moved and by keeping posting in it it stays at the top of the threads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    People want to talk about S.Ireland, as you can see from this thread. If this thread was closed the talk would be continuing in other threads, no doubt. If you don't want to talk on here about him you just have to avoid this thread (for the most part). Simple.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    "Hunty will sort him out for us" ...what a ridiculous thing to say. If Stephen Hunt were to deliberately injure SI would be scandalous.I know Hunt is an idiot but I don't think he would be that stupid

That said , I have defended Ireland all along but am now starting to run out of patience with him.I don't think that our qualification would make a differance to him either - he just won't play
    Chill out in fairness, it was tongue in cheek. If anything calling Hunt an idiot is more ridiculous in my book. Theres only one idiot here and its not Hunt.

On the other hand i agree with you on the patience point. The words he used in the latest interview are the strongest yet and not indicative of an individual who you would ever want representing us again.

Also i liked the little comment made by Duff in his interview with newstalk this evening........when asked about SI's kickboxing etc, basically along the lines of fair enough if hes into that but id much prefer be in cyprus with Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Chill out in fairness, it was tongue in cheek. If anything calling Hunt an idiot is more ridiculous in my book. Theres only one idiot here and its not Hunt.

On the other hand i agree with you on the patience point. The words he used in the latest interview are the strongest yet and not indicative of an individual who you would ever want representing us again.

Also i liked the little comment made by Duff in his interview with newstalk this evening........when asked about SI's kickboxing etc, basically along the lines of fair enough if hes into that but id much prefer be in cyprus with Ireland.
    Yes heard Duff last night and thought his remark about being in Cyprus was clever - he made his point, without looking like an idiot like Hunt does when he comments on SI

I still think you're original comment was more ridiculous than mine though....

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    would it be fair to say that this thread is now becoming a bit pointless. Stephen Ireland has re-iterated that he has no intention to come back anytime soon. He will not be in the world cup if we qualify cos due to his comments he wont be available for selection for the coming games and if we qualify and he doesnt play in the qualifiers then trap aint gonna pick him for the WC squad.

Everyone differs on the issue....i am someone who thought he would come back and wanted him back....but after the latest comments , well i think they speak volumes on his intentions.

Realistically if he comes back it wont be till the euro 2012 quals...Its sad the way the whole issue has turned out but unfortuantely that is what he has chosen and we must get on with it...WE have a world cup to qualify for with a current squad that want to wear the green.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    I firmly believe he'll change his mind when he's older and more mature. If we qualify for SA he'll have one helluva lonely pre-season next summer anyway.
    I also don't agree that this latest comment is the final story for the moment. Sure he's been saying contradictory things about once a month up until now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Yes there is always a story here. I mean lets say he suffered a long term injury or something... I would definitely want to be updated and stuff on here...
    Why do people play internet police though? Just simply dont read something if you dont want to. Could not be more simple. I never understood that.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Yes there is always a story here. I mean lets say he suffered a long term injury or something... I would definitely want to be updated and stuff on here...
    Why do people play internet police though? Just simply dont read something if you dont want to. Could not be more simple. I never understood that.
    i would agree with u on ur internet police comment crosby and have always felt that way myself......but......the stephen ireland debate is becoming pointless. He has said he doesnt want play for ireland anytime soon and until that changes (earliest being post world cup), so what more is there to say!!!

in a way im glad he has come out with his latest comments...cos at least in some way it has put it to bed until after the world cup, and now trap, the players and the fans can and should concentrate on the ones that want to help get Ireland to the WC finals.

For the moment he does not want to play for ireland and until after the world cup i dont think he warrants further discussion WC. I think he is an excellent player and would love him back for the W.C quals but after his comments , its becoming obvious that he wont be there.

It has become a case of just accepting reality and getting on with it....i.e Stephen Ireland not wanting to be involved with ireland for the world cup quals
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    I can only deduce that Manblue is not Irish.

I am not that bothered now with SI exile.
    In time, his self inflicted absence will be seen as a blessing.
    His presence would attempt to dilute and conflict the ethos of the team.
    We have had many great players play for us down through the years.
    Players like Giles who, without a hint of patronising, emphatically state that the most proud moment of his entire career (littered with achievements) was lining out for his first cap for Ireland against Sweden. Later on, great players like Stapleton and Brady were the first to insist and succeed in having international release clauses inserted into their club contracts. Even down to the host of players honoured from the more humble LOI, who treasure their few caps.
    These days, the ethos of pride and honour in playing for your country is being upheld by the senior backbone of the team, Given, Dunne, Duff, Keane and Kilbane.

It is no loss to that team not to have Stephen Ireland in there.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Come on now tricky if it doesnt bother you you wouldnt comment on most of his games/goals.
    Don't bother me at all I'd rather have Stephen Hunt in the team Ireland is only interested in self promotion, he's not a team player at all. Plus he misses open goals and makes passes to players who don't exist other then inside his own head.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Keith Andrews' take on things

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/..._andrewsk.html

Hopefully the media will agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Really was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. But no more. He's not coming back, and it's a disappointing decision. Don't think Trap can do any more about it. Your loss Stephen, your loss.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Keith Andrews' take on things

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/..._andrewsk.html

Hopefully the media will agree
    I think a good deal of that is up to Trap, if and when asked any Q about SI he can simply say it's closed, fermé.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    40-odd posts of twaddle moved to Rubbish. The mods wants the thread kept open so it's being kept open; they have my permission to infraction the crap out of the next person that whines about it. If you don't like the thread, don't click on it. Dummies.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Jesus Adam, over 50,000 posts? did u fudge the numbers? lol
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Jesus Adam, over 50,000 posts? did u fudge the numbers? lol
    Everything that gets posted automatically in Feeds is attributed to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Gareth Maher tackles the issue on Soccernet.Com today, nothing special about the article but some of the comments left are pretty funny.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In Trap we trust

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If this is true and these quotes are accurate, they add credence to what I have always suspected that the granny excuse and his subsequent one are equally untrue.
    Gimme dat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    well good luck to him. Absolute tosser.

to think this thread is still open.