Page 83 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Revisionism is possible when people chose point blank to ignore facts which were well publicised and in the public domain..

14/05/2008
    Door remains open for Ireland

´New manager Trapattoni met the player, along with Liverpool defender Steve Finnan and Bolton's Andy O'Brien, last week in an effort to persuade all three to return to the fold´.
    'The moment I left him, I told him, "I will wait for you", and he said to me, "okay".
    "I spoke with him"

Is Andy O'B. feeing forgotten? ´no one has clamored to have me back'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    You didn't look very far then on Page 3 there's a thread on Rory Delap and John Sheridan of all people. Plus in between they're threads on Marc Wilson, Keith Fahey and Seamus Coleman who are all far less likely to play for Ireland in the future.
    im aware of these threads. rory delap isnt retired and is readily available to play for us should he be picked. the john sheridan thread is in relation to his managerial abilities and the fact that he could be a future ireland manager. in relation to wilson, fahey and coleman, as i said, they are all available to play for us and potential internationals, i said players who no longer play for us.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richieos View Post
    im wondering why this thread hasnt been closed yet, i dont see any other threads for players who no longer play for us
    We should keep it to players who are eligible to play for Ireland, Stephen is not eligible by choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    He may be eligible in the future
    Pigs might fly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If I could get decent odds on S.Ireland playing for us again I'd lump on. Considering Beckham was 5/2 to play for England again at one point I'd love to see odds on Ireland playing for us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    If I could get decent odds on S.Ireland playing for us again I'd lump on. Considering Beckham was 5/2 to play for England again at one point I'd love to see odds on Ireland playing for us.
    I tried numerous bookies a couple of months ago and no one would gimme a price on it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Cant wait to see this thread tomorrow should we win tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    So would ye accept it if he came back for the rest of the qualifiers? Would he be welcomed?

Will he ever be welcome?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah he is an amazing footballer, forget all the other balls when the whistle blows and he is on the pitch he is great. Just needs to be loved i think!! People management i don't think is too good in the new setup, but the group is looking healthy to be fair to big Trap.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post
    So would ye accept it if he came back for the rest of the qualifiers? Would he be welcomed?

Will he ever be welcome?
    100% im sure if you asked all the older players in the squad who know him they would too, no matter when/if he came back ppl will be unhappy,

If we lost last night ppl would say he came back too late,
    If we won ppl would say hes on the glory trail,
    While drawing was a great result for us, i also think it is the best result for him in terms of coming back.

We badly needed someone who could pick a pass last night (FORWARD pass that is) hence why gibson came on,,, with the amt of space we got of there midfield him and reid would of been great options to spread the ball and stretch the italiens, dont get me wrong, i thought last night was one of whelans/andrews better performances but it was all heart and no skill/vision.

Sayin that i do think he should make the first move, but while he is being selfish now i think it may be a bit selfish if players didnt want him back just to hold on to a jersey.

While traps subs changed the game.
    I still think our bench was horrible.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Agree Manblue that was one off both Andrews & Whelan better games due to the sending off opening up the park to play, yet i was still completley fustrated watching the pair off them time and time again pass the ball to our LB or RB but not in a forward attacking move a ball behind. I was no big fan of Gibson but thought he was much better in the middle than them 2 at least he takes a touch looks up and tries to get the ball moving quick and forward he could still become a very good player and he could be at no better club to learn.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antrimgreen View Post
    Agree Manblue that was one off both Andrews & Whelan better games due to the sending off opening up the park to play, yet i was still completley fustrated watching the pair off them time and time again pass the ball to our LB or RB but not in a forward attacking move a ball behind. I was no big fan of Gibson but thought he was much better in the middle than them 2 at least he takes a touch looks up and tries to get the ball moving quick and forward he could still become a very good player and he could be at no better club to learn.

[SIZE=2]While this is true I thought his distribution was terrible, he had some nice ideas just a shame about the execution, Reid or Ireland on the other hand have a proven ability to distribute the ball and we need players that can do it now rather than in years to come unfortunaetly
    [/SIZE]

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He had a chance to crossed from the LW position twice in a row and it looked like he kicked the ground no elavation at all didn't beat the first man. True true Manblue but while trap prefers these lads we can only hope that they get better as time goes on. Glad Gibson is at Man U because look what it has done for O'Sheas game, the guy is solid now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nobody should turn their back on their country, I'm sure that wasn't the solution to his problems that he had.

But with our current midfield duo, I would forgive him and accept him back, because we need him now more than ever. And hopefully by the next campaign we will have Ireland and Gibson as a midfield partnership with McCarthy fighting for a start too
    "Do you know what the plural for Pussy is? ... it's Pussai! ... Jimmy tought me that"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    interestingly in fm09 even if you untick irelands international retirement he still remains retired in game.. re

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    interestingly in fm09 even if you untick irelands international retirement he still remains retired in game.. re
    what a pr1ck!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
    Nobody should turn their back on their country, I'm sure that wasn't the solution to his problems that he had.

But with our current midfield duo, I would forgive him and accept him back, because we need him now more than ever. And hopefully by the next campaign we will have Ireland and Gibson as a midfield partnership with McCarthy fighting for a start too
    Well you might accept him back on your bended knees but you have bit of problemm when he does not turn for training, or indeed turn up at all.
    Still, accept him and see what happens, I will start my stop watch..1..2..3....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderThighs View Post
    I'd like Stephen to be back in the team however he doesnt fit into Traps system,Whelan and andrews/Gibson arnt that creative but they are good passers of the ball and tackling.
    And with a bit of luck, we will have Stephen Reid back for the start of next season. I can see up beating Italy if he is available.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Well you might accept him back on your bended knees but you have bit of problemm when he does not turn for training, or indeed turn up at all.
    Still, accept him and see what happens, I will start my stop watch..1..2..3....

What are you on about not turning up for training, its not as if they meet up on a wednesday for training, if there in the squad they train before a game,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    This is a question posed to all those who would welcome Stephen Ireland back, of which I am one. If Ireland were to come back, is it now too late for this campaign or is the match against Bulgaria in June or the match against Italy in September the last chance saloon?

When is the point of no return for this campaign?
    Last edited by The Fly; 03/04/2009 at 3:53 PM.