142 26.15%
Page 183 of 205 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4085

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Capped Player
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    IF trap wants him in the team post the euros then I will support the decision.

SI is certainly not deserving of a place, purely based on form, that he wouldve been a couple of years ago when he was one of the bright lights in the EPL.

My concern is if he came back, how much discontent would he cause? And also Im not sure I could trust him to stick around, whos to say he wouldnt feck off again!?! Thats up to him to prove.
    It's difficult for him to prove that he won't féck off again until he makes himself available and turn up if called.
    If he was mature enough to do that, I think it would work and I seriously doubt if issues would arise with the other players. He would be a talented footballer in most teams, football ability earns some respect.
    We have had plenty of dysfunctional players who were treated leniently/given leeway, but they wanted to play.

In that interview of sorts with Trap on Sunday, he has kicked SI well into touch by saying more or less that 'we have McCarthy, we are preparing McCarthy we make promises of sorts to McCarthy, how can I turn around and say to McCarthy in the next campaign to go away home, for him (SI)'
    I wonder if Trap spat into a spitoon when saying "for him".

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It's difficult for him to prove that he won't féck off again until he makes himself available and turn up if called.
    If he was mature enough to do that, I think it would work and I seriously doubt if issues would arise with the other players. He would be a talented footballer in most teams, football ability earns some respect.
    We have had plenty of dysfunctional players who were treated leniently/given leeway, but they wanted to play.

In that interview of sorts with Trap on Sunday, he has kicked SI well into touch by saying more or less that 'we have McCarthy, we are preparing McCarthy we make promises of sorts to McCarthy, how can I turn around and say to McCarthy in the next campaign to go away home, for him (SI)'
    I wonder if Trap spat into a spitoon when saying "for him".

Nice to hear Trap speak positive of McCarthy for a change. Surely if James is the future in Traps eyes, he has to go to the Euros, even if just as a squad player.

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks
    I think it also means that Trap still sees McCarthy as playing a more roving advanced role for us at midfield than he does at Wigan. That James is the man for whatever role Trap would envisage for SI.

Capped Player
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,004 Posts
    Now I know how the Koran has so many interpretations.

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks

But unlike me, the problem there and with other texts is that they claim to have the one and true interpretation.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,673 Posts
    Honour thy father and thy mother, but not so much thy grandmother.

Reserves
    Thanks
    Anyone else in favour of putting this thread to bed,at least until after the Euros.

Just seems to go round in circles when there is more pressing issues at hand.

International Prospect DannyInvincible's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,130 Posts
    It's only chatter on a discussion forum. What duties should we be performing otherwise that we're currently neglecting?

Thanks
    Well, with only 6 weeks to go someone has to make an in depth preview of the Croatian team.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

First Team
    Thanks
    http://www.birminghampost.net/midlan...5233-30890029/

Ireland believes his award has transformed him from zero to hero in the villa supporters eyes. I wonder will that give him confidence of changing the Irish folks view of him.

Of note is the paraphrased comment "Ireland insists the support he has received from fans this season has prompted his surge in confidence." showing what a fragile psyche he has. If he were to return to Ireland, get booed and then dropped you feel that it could destroy him, which is perhaps where part of the fear comes from.
    Last edited by Murfinator; 04/05/2012 at 9:40 AM.

Thanks
    Wanted by Mark Hughes at QPR.

Played his best ever football under him
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks
    Yup. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...oy-at-QPR.html

Would Sparky urge him to return to the Boys in Green?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 850 Posts
    Typical Hughes signing, a player he's worked with before.
    So far he's signed Bellamy twice (Blackburn and Liverpool) as well as working with him at Wales
    Roque Santa Cruz twice (Blackburn and City)
    earlier this week I read QPR had been linked with Shay Given and Andy Johnson, City and Blackburn respectively

For what it's worth, Ireland would be better off working with Lambert
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time: http://twitter.com/irish_abroad and posted to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics

Reserves
    Thanks
    Yeah, he'd be better off staying with Lambert. Sparky's teams are always rough and tumble affairs.

First Team
    Thanks
    QPR looks like the most unstable ship imaginable, he'd be mad to leave villa when things are finally starting to look up.

First Team
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    QPR looks like the most unstable ship imaginable, he'd be mad to leave villa when things are finally starting to look up.
    An unstable sailor on an unstable ship. Sounds fine to me!

Capped Player
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,004 Posts
    Darren Bent says today that ireland is Villa's best player and must play "in the hole" consistently to get the best out of him.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,673 Posts
    I definitely think it's in his best interests to stay at Aston Villa and away from Hughes. In my mind, he's a far more talented version of Hoolahan and will thrive under Lambert.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 632 Posts
    How much difference the lad could have made at the Euros ahead of Glenn Whelan.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    How much difference the lad could have made at the Euros ahead of Glenn Whelan.
    Don't be daft, its not like Whelan was the difference between the atrocity we witnessed and a halfway decent tournament. Besides, he probably would've quit during the thunderstorms prior to the Hungary friendly.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

24. Thanks From: