Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eamon Dunphy - misunderstood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Eamon Dunphy - misunderstood?

Especially after watching the Charlton Docum.
    Is Eamo in fact not just being controversial for the sake of it, could it be that this man really does care THAT MUCH about Irish soccer and really does always have the best of intentions? I have to say given his rare to see show of humility I really felt for him. I dont believe for a second they were crocodile tears. Maybe, just maybe Eamo really does care THAT much abour Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    He cared so much about Irish football he was behind the Dublin Dons fiasco

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    You have fallen hook line and sinker for one of the oldest tricks, where the interviewee/politician/ blank space gets himself into a manufactured emotional state where a tear actually appears. The design is to put on a show of 'I really care because I have a tear therefore what I have to say has sincerity because I really care and to show I'm sincere I am going to get crackly emotional '.
    Fake to the core.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    You have fallen hook line and sinker for one of the oldest tricks, where the interviewee/politician/ blank space gets himself into a manufactured emotional state where a tear actually appears. The design is to put on a show of 'I really care because I have a tear therefore what I have to say has sincerity because I really care and to show I'm sincere I am going to get crackly emotional '.
    Fake to the core.
    Up there with Bertie's Dobbo interview!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    ye may be right lads but if thats the case we should NEVER believe any televised emotion??? I have a lot of time for Dunphy, think he is a lot smarter than most believe and is more often than not dead right. The way he almost single handely stood up for Keane post Saipan and convinced many people that Roys story was more fact than fiction will, for me, always stand to him.
    I have always been of the opinion that Jack was a very lucky manager in the right place at the right time, and if we had a decent manager back then (paisley!!) with the creativity in that team that Jack scandolously ignored.....well....who knows.
    I think Eamo thought the same and used a his public platform to promote those views.
    Dunphy is far more sinned against than the sinner.
    Eamo Rules

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    You posted this already in the thread about the TG4 documentary about the Charlton years.

What has this to do with the International football team?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post
    ye may be right lads but if thats the case we should NEVER believe any televised emotion???
    Why do feel you have to believe? just discriminate between the croaking cringers and the sincere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    geysir, do you think Dunphy is basically an idiot with a big mouth and no idea what he is talking about? A mouthpiece for the premiership irish brigade and the Irish version of Brian Woolnough??

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I think he courts controversy just for the sake of it at times. But I think he's pretty knowledgeable about football, especially football politics.

He cares about the national team's performance, but I've never seen any evidence that he cares even a little bit about the domestic league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    geysir, do you think Dunphy is basically an idiot with a big mouth and no idea what he is talking about? A mouthpiece for the premiership irish brigade and the Irish version of Brian Woolnough??
    I like Dunphy more than the average Irish football supporter, but you can't forget how much he flip-flops on issues, or ignore that he's made a lot of money off of being Ireland's controversial pundit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Jebus I think the vast majaroty of Irish Soccer fans, not Eircom League fans, just your normal Irish International fan on the street kinda fella really likes him. They love to slag him off, they love to abuse him, but more than anything else they love that he is there. If Eamo left most of us would miss him on tele. He is the Irish Football version of Kurt Angle They guy you love to hate, but more love than hate. In a completely non man love kinda way !!
    It does make me laugh the way himself and Johnny are still almosy sadly holding onto the Ronaldo is useless gripe when deep down at this stage they know they are wrong. Johnny will turn on this issue before Eamo!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    ye may be right lads but if thats the case we should NEVER believe any televised emotion??? I have a lot of time for Dunphy, think he is a lot smarter than most believe and is more often than not dead right. The way he almost single handely stood up for Keane post Saipan and convinced many people that Roys story was more fact than fiction will, for me, always stand to him.
    I have always been of the opinion that Jack was a very lucky manager in the right place at the right time, and if we had a decent manager back then (paisley!!) with the creativity in that team that Jack scandolously ignored.....well....who knows.
    I think Eamo thought the same and used a his public platform to promote those views.
    Dunphy is far more sinned against than the sinner.
    Eamo Rules

Do you know what you're on about? it's generally accepted that (unbeknownst to people at the tilm) Paisley was beggining to suffer from the onset of Alhzheimers in 1986, it would have been a disaster had he been appointed.

Dunphy is entertaining but is forever contradicting himself and changing his mind on issues depending on the contest of the arguement. Right more often then not?? More sinned against then sinner??! Give me a break, seems to be you're blindly licking his hole over the stance he took alongside RK in Saipan rather then anything concrete he's consistently said or done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    An Ceannaire, you've won me over, anyone who drops a Kurt Angle reference in the Irish football section is a legend in my book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    In recent years I have only seen video footage of him on youtube etc. I was back in Ireland for this documentary and saw my first clear pictures of him in years. I thinks it's disgraceful that someone with so much money and that appears regularly on TV has a brown set of bottom teeth. That's what really shows me that the man has no shame or self-respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Oh its true Jebus...........its damn true!
    Pass the milk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    He is the Irish Football version of Kurt Angle
    Is this the same Kurt Angle that wrapped his car around a tree recently and is alleged the real reason he was left go from the WWE is because he is up to his tonsils in painkillers just so he can wrestle, thus violating their wellness policy?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Is this the same Kurt Angle that wrapped his car around a tree recently and is alleged the real reason he was left go from the WWE is because he is up to his tonsils in painkillers just so he can wrestle, thus violating their wellness policy?
    Thats the legend alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    jesus us 3 Limk boys are up to date on the ol WWE arent we
    there is just so damn much to do in this town !!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    geysir, do you think Dunphy is basically an idiot with a big mouth and no idea what he is talking about?
    I think you could be describing your own posts in this thread
    You are all over the place in this thread like a jack in the box.

Dunphy´s utterings are not worthy of a comment.
    This is what you wrote,
    ´I have to say given his rare to see show of humility I really felt for him. I dont believe for a second they were crocodile tears. Maybe, just maybe Eamo really does care THAT much abour Irish Football.´
    I just dont fall hook line and sinker for the corny cráp that Dunphy comes out with, as he clears his throat and clenches his mouth for a second, with a flicker or two of his eyelashes he looks a little to the side of the camera with mournful eyes, like a pet dog hanging around the dinner table and then finds that spot where he has some emotion.
    Even as acting goes, it's píss poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have any of you's met Dunphy in real life? I have and found him to be a sound fella and quick witted. I do think many of his views are clouded and unbalanced, but I would have no reason to ever dislike him. And on international football itself I would judge him as very passionate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast