Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: It's only the MSC, but..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's only the MSC, but..

it was a tough game against an in-form Waterford and the delight on the faces of Dolan and the players afterward showed how much it meant to them.

Main features:
    Colin T at CM
    Behan up front, George RM
    Woods at LB again until Doyle was injured.
    Dolan sent to the stand again..
    Mooney made two superb saves in a minute in the first half and generally had a good game - coming off his line when necessary. I'd give him a go.

Terrible tackle on Doyle, he had a crutch after the game but wasn't gone to hospital so hopefully it's not serious. If he's injured Woods will probably not be LB again for a while which is a pity as that experiment is going well.

Great freekick from Behan. It's like Roy of the Rovers stuff for him tonight I'd say.

BTW: anyone else hear the couple of l**gers at the back of the stand shouting abuse at George non-stop. If he played the simple ball to keep possession they moaned, if he tried something creative they moaned. Morons. Waht do they want, Flanagan and Herrick!!?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good performance.

Agree with you SSS.

This was a good performance. Waterford are no slouches.....and they can certainly mix it.

Couple of other observations:
    1. Someone other than John and George scoring.....and what a goal ( mind you, he took another one later on and I'd say it's somewhere over Holland about now )....Behan's a talent though and a tough ba$tard on top of it.

2. Defence played well - we have the best defence in the League and it held up well anainst W'ford.

3. Woods played really well @ L/Back....could this be his position?

4. Spoke to Doyler midway through the 2nd half and said he would be fine just needs some rest - he played well also.

5. Greg's best game for a while.

Played good football against one of the form teams at the moment ( it would be different if it was against Cobh or Rockmount but these guys were really up for it ).

Roll on The Drogs.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Neil

Agree

Some very good football played tonight.
    Benno and Murray are immense at the back.

I thought Colin T did enough to give him the CM slot for the Drogs game.

Poor enough crowd (1000 maybe?)

But the Shed did manage to set some sort of record I'd say with the longest rendition of "Pat Dolan's Rebel Army..." I've heard yet! Anyone time it? I'd say at least 20 minutes...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Agree

Totally agree with all of the above,, some superb football, excellent support from the shed, but one worrying aspect was no goals from play.
    We surely had about 15 chances, about 8 should have been in the net.
    One goal from all that possession and domination is not a good return.
    Still, CHAMPIONS !!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought it was a good enough performance last nite. created a lot of chances that we should have put away. Mr Connors had another great game and made some great saves from john and george. But overall the performance was encouraging. Especially the first half...

Mooney also made some good saves in the first half (two ina row)
    Colin T must get a chance in midfield against Drogs. thought he done well last nite. Goodd passing.
    Greg was all over the pitch again.
    Thought the Woods, Doyle left sided partnership looked really well until that awful challenge forced doyle to go off.
    Great goal by Behan and I thought he did well overall.
    John and George were well lively upfront. They should have converted a few chances though but ill forgive them. Some George's touches and play were class again. I don't care what anyone says. I'd always play him in this form.
    The defense played well again. Looking well solid...

As for the officials...christ what that foley lacks in height he makes up with ineptitude.....that kelly is pathetic too...neither of them saw the challenge on doyle while ever other person in the stadium did? Pathetic.

Think Dolan and Dave Hill may have a side bet going as to who can be sent off most in the season......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dolans sending off was a joke but then again kelly himself is a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I also thought Mooney played very well and certainly deserves to be given a run in the team.
    Woodsie seems to be settling in nicely at left back.
    Great goal by Behan and overall he didn't have a bad game.
    As for the 'Pat Dolan's rebel Army' chant, well I'd agree that it must be some sort of record, I'd say it went on for nearly half an hour! That must have been the best ever atmosphere at an MSC game.
    Champions!