Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Celebrity Bainisteoir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Celebrity Bainisteoir

Not sure if I have seen a thread on this and if I am wrong, humble apologies.

Now, naturally, the "celebrity" aspect of this show is complete drivel including the pretence that Nell and Kean are actually managing teams.

For the unaware, a "celeb" gets a former inter county player to actually coach while the celeb makes it all housewife friendly.

Despite the cringe value of Whelan, Nell, kean, Gilsen et al, somebody, presumably by accident, has come on something here.

The intensity of the players and the teams is admirable and while there is more time given to the lovel Aoibheann than the games, the football is half decent.

Note to RTE - do this again without the celebs - the celebs ruin this and make all but the last 5 minutes (the match) unwatchable.

The way to do it - pick a club side in the deepest preliminary round of the All Ireland Clubs and follow them, and their vistors through to Croke Park and drop any pretence that we need Official Ireland to play - lose the celebs.
    DB Cooper is alive !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Not sure if I have seen a thread on this and if I am wrong, humble apologies.

Now, naturally, the "celebrity" aspect of this show is complete drivel including the pretence that Nell and Kean are actually managing teams.

For the unaware, a "celeb" gets a former inter county player to actually coach while the celeb makes it all housewife friendly.

Despite the cringe value of Whelan, Nell, kean, Gilsen et al, somebody, presumably by accident, has come on something here.

The intensity of the players and the teams is admirable and while there is more time given to the lovel Aoibheann than the games, the football is half decent.

Note to RTE - do this again without the celebs - the celebs ruin this and make all but the last 5 minutes (the match) unwatchable.

The way to do it - pick a club side in the deepest preliminary round of the All Ireland Clubs and follow them, and their vistors through to Croke Park and drop any pretence that we need Official Ireland to play - lose the celebs.
    If you do that its only a doc. If you do it with celebs it an entertainment show. The first will attract GAA fans, the second will have a wider demographic range of possible viewers. Therefore higher rating and more chance to sell advertising. If you were trying to sell advertising and gain ratings what would you do ???

Forget the fact that RTE are the national broadcaster, these days its all about ratings and revenue.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I'd like to see it done with football teams(junior football), then I'd watch it.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    whos in the final. Nell's comments were very disrespectful hope its her, final will make good television, Ger Keane is made for tele IMO
    Last edited by bellavistaman; 12/05/2008 at 1:25 PM. Reason: mistake
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I'd like to see it done with football teams(junior football), then I'd watch it.
    It wouldn't get made without the countrywide cotton-eye-joe appeal that goes hand in hand with our ...erm ...native game.

Anyway I'd prefer to watch something where Aoibhinn gets a proper seeing to -and I'd further like to suggest it ought be by me.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As bad a programme as ive seen
    RIP JOHNNY