Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Season So Far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Season So Far?

We have 8 matches left in the League and still in 4th place and a reasonably good cup run behind us. I think this team has picked up vaulable experience so far this season and the club has made great progress off the pitch with its excellent U-21 team, the proposed new stand, new club shop in town and a growing Supporters Club. I have taken a lot of positives out this season so far and I think we are moving forward in the right direction. A lot still has to be done on the promotion of the club in the city and county, in my opinion, but a least the intention to do things properly and professinal are there for us to see. What does everyone else think about the clubs first season (so far) and What do you think the future holds? Am i right about going in the right direction and what positives and negatives have you taken from the season so far!
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Threads like this leave it wide open for critical people to point out certain things and hammer them home. This is going to be inundated with junior types and other begrudgers slinging mud and it will descend into farce in no time at all.

The club has done reasonably well in my opinion, but has a lot to do. I would have been a lot happier with a different manager, and perhaps a little more clarity on certain issues that the club tried to mask, but apart from that. it's been okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well if people want to be critical then they are free to do it as long as their motives are proper and they dont just do it to unrest things and make it look like the real Limerick fans are always complaing about things. Most people on here know, by now, who these people are and its just best to ignore them and for once have a proper, open thread where peoples opinions dont get attacked!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with you whole heartedly. There are more knockers than people at the games. The fact that there is even a team in Limerick should be good enough to start off with, never mind the great season we are having. Perspective is needed I think......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pretty sure I'm the above being referenced to, but here's my opinion, seeing as we still live in a democracy where opinions and free speech are still permitted:

Pro’s:

• Seemingly no problems playing in Jackman Park
    • Good Supporters Club structure
    • Decent attendances
    • Good squad when all fit and not suspended.
    • Cracking 21’s set up…fair play Billy.
    • Good range of merchandise available.
    • Leo the Lion
    • No Danny Drew.

Con’s:

• Absolute Muppet of a manager.
    • CEO who’s been on an ego trip at times, but is slowly coming round.
    • Lack of development of Jackman. There has been none of note. Promises and Plans blah blah.
    • Club in dire need of a quality Commercial Manager who will promote and sell the club accordingly.
    • Failure on the pitch. This squad should have been promoted.

Predictions:

• Aforementioned Muppet will leave by mutual consent for SissyWooly land
    • Alan Reynolds to get the job for next season.
    • Jackman Park to remain a bit of a hovel.

Hopes:

• Ski walks.
    • Billy Barrett to get the job. (no chance)
    • More consistency on the pitch next season. That would get promotion.
    • More clarity from the club on both good and bad situations.
    • Jackman to start to resemble an EL ground.
    • A good, full-time Commercial Manager gets appointed

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i think the club have done well considering it was thrown together at the last minute,well done to everyone involved.
    next season on the field id like to see a seasoned centre half who opens his mouth,a very good passer of the ball in the middle and a six yard box striker who'l get 20 goals a season.
    off the field a seated covered stand would be nice

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Well Done Pinball and See's it , good constructive posts there.
    I'll update this next year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Well Done Pinball and See's it , good constructive posts there.

always a pleasure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'm a little disappointed with the season tbh. Given the players we have at the club we shouldn't have fallen away so badly.

Stuck down in the First Division for at least another two years now

Pros:
    Surprisingly good crowds (although seasons not over yet)
    Some fairly decent memories
    The fact that there's a club there at all
    Leo the Lion
    Kevin Waters

Cons:
    Ski
    This shop mumbo-jumbo wont fly
    Still no sign of that stand
    Underachieving team

Billy Barrett to get the job. (no chance)
    Why not??

Personally I reckon he'd be the best choice for the job especially given what our circumstances will be next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its not over yet but I would say if the question was asked last year would it be considered a success that the team got to the 1/4 final of the cup and were in 4th position I would say it would.Despite the mystery which occured half way through the season where there was definitely a money problem and it appeared the Chairman was no longer in the frontline fielding questions the show is vstill on the road.
    The biggest dissapointment was the the anticipation of getting the SUPER 3 or was it 4 PRODIGAL SONS back which all on here swore was going to guarantee promotion ,to find that the team had performed better and, in my opinion ,was better before their return.
    What extra would it have cost to keep an ever improving ,Dave Wall and Joey Malone versus the extra that was paid to these????

Last comment has to be about the exit at the back of the dressing rooms.Has it been sorted yet???
    "Bath Avenue or Shelbourne" 1895

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    A lot of pros for me this year, including Leo, the club being there at all, the supporter's club being run well, and the general feeling of goodwill for the club from everyone bar a few Juniorball muppets.

The cons though include McGee being the manager (he's just not good people), no work being started on Jackman as of yet, the poor league performances of the last two months and pie in the sky ideas like this shop business (as long as they are getting cheap rent than I won't complain about it too much, I just think its a step too soon at the moment)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good signs there

things just turned into a farce near the end promised so much at the start finnin+magee just have to go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I think ye deserve a bit of credit actually during the summer ye were nothing and now yere still nothing (sorry couldnt resist only a joke) but seriously i know yeve faded but overall ye have had a very good season, IMO a different manager and ye could have gone alot further, even when ye were winning the complaints on here about him, he acts ridiculous at times.

Your support from what ive experienced is a massive pro prob the best in first div especially for effort anyway.

Maybe a change of manager next year a bit of stability and i guarantee ye'll be pushing for promotion big time. A changing point in our season was the last minute win against ye in Cobh, Guthries header, ye played very well we had ten men but ye lost, it certainly kicked us on in a unbelievable way, just wondering did it knock ye totally the wrong way.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    A changing point in our season was the last minute win against ye in Cobh, Guthries header, ye played very well we had ten men but ye lost,
    We were awful, like we always are in Cobh

just wondering did it knock ye totally the wrong way.
    Nope

We never expect anything from Colmans

The rot set in when the money was freed up to allow Ski to sign the quality of player necessary for him to play his own way. Which unfortunately turned out to be clueless

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hoops View Post
    things just turned into a farce near the end promised so much at the start finnin+magee just have to go
    im ashamed that you call yourself a hoops man ffs what was promised all that was said was it would be a building year you should change your name cause im sick of a few idiots bringing our name into every negative remark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It all started off with great hope and there was the buzz of the new club around town, which unfortunally has faded as the teams form has faded!! I am still hopefully for the future and off-the-field matters seem to be done professinally this season.

Pros:
    good crowds compared to last year.
    Something to do on friday nights and Saturday away trips.
    Leo the Lion
    Good core support in the SC with new members joing weekly.
    The Future. With the club shop, new stand,good results, people will begin to take senior soccer in Limerick seriously again. We are going in the right direction for once, anyways!!

Cons:
    The hype of the new club is gone
    The season just seems to be fading away like previous seasons
    Underachieving team
    Thought the club would promote itself more, to all walks of life in Limerick.
    95fm. Once they were announced as sponsors, I thought they would use it to promote the club. Hasnt happened IMO

Overall its been a great first season. Its been way better than what I thought it would be.None of us knew what to expect. I am delighted with the work-rate and passion of people involved in the club. Futures bright in my opinion.