Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who owns your club?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian Man View Post
    There's a shocking number of property "players" involved with EL clubs.
    That was part of the reason for my original curiosity.

Makes the EL quite exposed if the predicted property crash does occur. What happens to DrogTown then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont think its really surprising the investment from property developers as every second person and their granny seems to be making a bundle from real estate.

And the prospect of a property price crash,well football clubs will be the least of our worries then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Yes and yes.

AFAIK the club has A shares and B shares. PD and POD own something over 90% of the A shares and therefore own the club.

The board of directors run the club, but they basically don't have any ownership stake.
    There was discussion about A and B class shares a few years back, with the aim of making share ownership more accessible to the fans (current cost of an A share is £250). I'm fairly sure that the conclusion of that process was a declaration by the club that it couldn't issue B Shares (though in my limited understanding of these things, I can't see why they could'nt myself).

I bought an 'A Share' 2 years ago, as thatv wa sthe only one I was told was available. I got share certificate Number 13. Assuming they didn't just skip back and forward between numbers for fun (the number is embossed) that seems to suggest we have very few individuals and/or purchase occassions of shares. Needless to say, my influenxce with that single share is negligible (particularly as we don't seem to have had an AGM in 18mths or so, which is naughty...).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    Eh thats true

His remortage financed the payment owed to get us back to richer. a shocking 20 grand, wonder how much his gaff is worth now

kdjac
    So it was you who started the rumour!!!

It's an urban myth. When the most recent board were tidying up loans and share issues Kerr himself confirmed in writing that he had put in £2,000 around 1991 or 1992. They converted that amount to shares for him, check the Companies Registration Office if you doubt it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    The initial issue of shares - according to the documents lodged with Companies House - was 129 x Class A (£250) shares & 20 x Class B (£2500) shares.

The document is dated May 16th 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    There was discussion about A and B class shares a few years back, with the aim of making share ownership more accessible to the fans (current cost of an A share is £250). I'm fairly sure that the conclusion of that process was a declaration by the club that it couldn't issue B Shares (though in my limited understanding of these things, I can't see why they could'nt myself).

I bought an 'A Share' 2 years ago, as thatv wa sthe only one I was told was available. I got share certificate Number 13. Assuming they didn't just skip back and forward between numbers for fun (the number is embossed) that seems to suggest we have very few individuals and/or purchase occassions of shares. Needless to say, my influenxce with that single share is negligible (particularly as we don't seem to have had an AGM in 18mths or so, which is naughty...).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc_1928 View Post
    The initial issue of shares - according to the documents lodged with Companies House - was 129 x Class A (£250) shares & 20 x Class B (£2500) shares.

The document is dated May 16th 1995.
    But which company is that ?

Didn't DCFC in that guise go bust in c. 2000 - to be replaced by Wellvan Enterprises (sh!t name) which would make any company rules that existed in 1995 irrelevant re the current ownership ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_T View Post
    Makes the EL quite exposed if the predicted property crash does occur. What happens to DrogTown then?
    Don't believe the hype re any predicted property 'crash' (define crash....).

The only people who will really suffer are those forced to sell/liquidise property assets during any 'crash'/downturn. Sensible property investors would love a crash, as it presents an opportunity to buy further assets at a reduced price versus now.

Property downturns/crashes never last.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_T View Post
    Contrary to popular belief there are no houses associated with the planning application submitted. Stadium, retail, leisure, service station but not one single house.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Steve

That document relates to Wellvan Enterprises Limited (NI28477)

Niall

But which company is that ?

Didn't DCFC in that guise go bust in c. 2000 - to be replaced by Wellvan Enterprises (sh!t name) which would make any company rules that existed in 1995 irrelevant re the current ownership ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Didn't think it warranted a new thread and this was the closest comparison i found in the search...

Connacht Tribune is meant to be running with a front page headline about a couple of Manchester business men who are interested in taking over the club, they came up before about a year ago, they remarked at the time how they wanted to use the club as a launch pad for talanted eastern european players into the english/european market.

Good or bad?, i don't know but if there of any decent standard and it makes us competitive i'm all for it
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very interesting thread to read back on.

As predicted, a lot of clubs have suffered terribly during this downturn. Mostly the ones most associated with big property deals from a few years ago i.e. Drogheda and Bohs.

It would be interesting to see if Galway can pull this off. Would give the rest of us hope to be honest as the only way I can see some clubs getting through the next few years is been able to convince investors that if the league/clubs were run properly, then they're a viable option.

The only people who will really suffer are those forced to sell/liquidise property assets during any 'crash'/downturn. Sensible property investors would love a crash, as it presents an opportunity to buy further assets at a reduced price versus now.

Property downturns/crashes never last.....
    Ha ha ha!

The know-it-all strikes again.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Now the Derry board has opened up shares to the fans, does a share entitle you to go on the board like other clubs ran by the fans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech View Post
    Now the Derry board has opened up shares to the fans, does a share entitle you to go on the board like other clubs ran by the fans?
    They're not "shares" as in fluctuating shares but more donations to the club with the principal (only) benefits being a vote at the AGM, and a nice document to put on the wall (apparently- I've yet to receive one, a year on).

They're more for sentimental value. There's some more info on them here:

http://www.derrycityfc.net/cityweb/C...re-scheme.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Yes.

However shares were always open to fans.

TCM, you can also put motions to the AGM etc.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    "Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post

Property downturns/crashes never last....."

Ha ha ha!

The know-it-all strikes again.
    What's wrong with Steve's post?
    The fact that so many porperty investors were not sensible?

Property is now at great levels & the sensible/shrewd ones are now taking their pick.

This crash came at the same time as a world ecconomic downturn, so it all may seem magnified to many of you (i suppose especially those who haven't lived through these before).

But, the main point - crashes don't last - normally prices return to around bubble values after approx 8 years, so that's about 6 years to go - not a long time in property terms.

Not trying to belittle the people who are having difficulties through all of this, just pointing out that we have been through these things many times before & I don't see why people still seem so shocked when another one comes along
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CuanaD View Post
    What's wrong with Steve's post?
    The fact that so many porperty investors were not sensible?

Property is now at great levels & the sensible/shrewd ones are now taking their pick.

This crash came at the same time as a world ecconomic downturn, so it all may seem magnified to many of you (i suppose especially those who haven't lived through these before).

But, the main point - crashes don't last - normally prices return to around bubble values after approx 8 years, so that's about 6 years to go - not a long time in property terms.

Not trying to belittle the people who are having difficulties through all of this, just pointing out that we have been through these things many times before & I don't see why people still seem so shocked when another one comes along

Hey Steve,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123