Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Can some1 pm me to let me know how to get to Jackman Park please lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Well we've been out of luck for the last couple of weeks (last week in particular) but lets hope our luck changes this week and we get back to winning ways. Big news this weekend and first for the first division! Conor will be playing at right back fingers crossed and Purcell and Finnucane should be playing one last time together. if we dont play aimless ball then we should be just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How about keeping the ball on the ground for a while ? and actually passing it to eachother !. We were not unlucky last week we were brutal. Danagher should be picked in the squad at least from now on. Jimmy Fyffe should be in Goal , if he back to full fitness, as he is a much safer pair of hands.

Left side of midifeld is also very weak at the moment. The only attacks we did muster came down the right hand side.

By the way Best wishes to Paul Finucane in his studies. A great servant to Limerick down through the years. (I did not post this in the proper thread as it has , once again, descended into Bulls**te)

Cobh are by far the best team in the league this year so we will have to be on top of our game. But we first need to do the simple things right (Picking up men, Tracking back, showing for the ball and being far more organised at the back etc etc..)to have any chance in this one.

John
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    And Cork to bring home Sam on Sunday John...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Not a chance....hopefully !!!. It's normally bad enough losing to that shower in the munster final (last year) but imagine what we would have to put up with if they a) Won an All Ireland after so long and b) beat Kerry in the final.

By "Home" you are mistaken it's actually about 80 miles north west of Langerland !!!

Up the Kingdom

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    knew I'd get you going there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

It's easy is'nt it !!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    How about keeping the ball on the ground for a while ? and actually passing it to eachother !. We were not unlucky last week we were brutal. Danagher should be picked in the squad at least from now on. Jimmy Fyffe should be in Goal , if he back to full fitness, as he is a much safer pair of hands.

Left side of midifeld is also very weak at the moment. The only attacks we did muster came down the right hand side.

By the way Best wishes to Paul Finucane in his studies. A great servant to Limerick down through the years. (I did not post this in the proper thread as it has , once again, descended into Bulls**te)

Cobh are by far the best team in the league this year so we will have to be on top of our game. But we first need to do the simple things right (Picking up men, Tracking back, showing for the ball and being far more organised at the back etc etc..)to have any chance in this one.

John
    JEZ john are you actually suggesting that skees teams do not keep the ball on the ground or pass it to each other...and are you seriously suggesting jimmy fyffe might actually play a few games injury free,whats wrong with him this time i wonder,outside of the fact he is not the best keeper we have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I genuninely think he is our best keeper. He is a better decision maker and more vocal and commanding in his area IMO ! and yes I am suggesting that we are playing long balll S**te at the moment. Poor Derek was run ragged last week from attempting to get hold and even reach some of the balls from midfield & Defence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hope yous do us a favour tonight. All the best! Hoping for a limerick 37 win! Goodluck

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    0-0

good performance from limerick. probably could have won it. a win against wexford and 3rd might still be a possibilty

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well done whitey

thought peter had a fine game against cobh he looks a good prospect.if keady is getting a big wage it can be used to strenghten elsewhere next season cos peter white should make the number 2 jersey his own for years to come.
    Hayes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    thought peter had a fine game against cobh he looks a good prospect.if keady is getting a big wage it can be used to strenghten elsewhere next season cos peter white should make the number 2 jersey his own for years to come.
    Hayes
    Yes he had a solid game tonight but no hes not a rigt back hes a center half. Keady on big money? your having a laugh no one is on big money at limerick maybe at some junior clubs but not limerick. Thought finni looked well in his hoops last night

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thought Peter White was man of the match, was wondering what was going on when i saw overlaps!! thought the team played well in general, although a bit overran in midfield at stages.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I thought we were fairly nondescript overall up until the last 20 minutes or so tbh. Created nothing of note before that. The Cobh keeper only had to make one save of note (though the referee awarded a goal kick). There were some pluses to be take alright. Peter White had his best game in a Limerick shirt, Conor Molan was solid, centre halves did well enough individually but still there were a number of occasions when Jimmy was exposed and had to rush out. I'll probably be slammed for even suggesting it but I think Finni's loss, while it will hurt us for sure, could work out if only because it forces us to try something new. Paul and Pat Purcell are both excellent players in their own right but I don't think their partnership has been quite as watertight this year as some.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypaddy View Post
    thought the team played well in general, although a bit overran in midfield at stages.
    Our season in a nutshell. In fairness if anyone was going to win last night it was Limerick, whatever about the fine save the Cobh keeper made from Barrett at the end, how Rossi managed to fluff his lines when the ball broke to him inside the box about 10 minutes before that is beyond me, from behind the goal it looked like he had shaped up for the shot well and then he ended up smashing it back across the box

And why does it never look like Limerick has that extra man against Cobh? That's twice they've been down to ten against us this season and you'd never think it by looking at those games. Maybe credit should go to Hendo for that, not too sure myself though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    it could be because none of the midfield 2 can pass a ball.hayes isnt able for the EL,is it true atlone left him go last season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    think a draw was a fair result last night lads..wasnt a great game..we never got out of the stalls till we had a man sent off..think we woke up after that and pressed ye abit....was impressed with yere right back..blondy lad....also the supporters were excellant wih the singing and the drums...ye seem to be going the right way..keep it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Maybe credit should go to Hendo for that, not too sure myself though
    Jebus giving credit to george michael as ye call him, JESUS, .
    Love the maybe bit too.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast