Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    does that fact that there are more tricolours on display every week at Celtic than there ever is at Irish home games not make them a bit Irish....
    Absolutely as does the tricolours at Everton and Sunderland yesterday.

The fact that they are based in Britain, play in a British league and pay their taxes to a British queen means nothing.

I beleive some Celtic supporters coming back to Dublin from Manchester during the week were very upset at the number of Irish Man Utd fans their and laughing at the pathetic opposition. Well guys if they are going to support a British team they may as well support a good one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    I beleive some Celtic supporters coming back to Dublin from Manchester during the week were very upset at the number of Irish Man Utd fans their and laughing at the pathetic opposition. Well guys if they are going to support a British team they may as well support a good one.
    Believe what you want. I've yet to meet a Celtic fan that thinks Irish people should be obliged to support Celtic. It's ridiculous. I'm sure that's a made up story because when you support Celtic in this country it's not long before you realise how few supporters there are and you get used to it.

Anyway, James McCarthy. He was booed yesterday by anti-Irish scum. That's more of a topic.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Absolutely as does the tricolours at Everton and Sunderland yesterday.

The fact that they are based in Britain, play in a British league and pay their taxes to a British queen means nothing.
    This thread is about James McCarthy who plays for Hamilton Ac.
    The last time the Famine Song was in the news you were of the firm belief that it was just directed at Celtic fans and not the Irish.
    I see that you are you not using the same "only banter" argument this time

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    567 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I find that disgraceful when the fans do that, I always feel ashamed, cause Celtic and Rangers are British clubs and nothing to do with Ireland in my opinion despite the creation, just because they setup by an Irish priest, does not make them Irish.
    Many of celtic supporters are either Irish immigrants ,children or grand children of Irish immigrants.Celtic football club became very important to these people in a country that they were often given a hard time as unappreciated immigrants.Most of these immigrants were pre-celtic tiger days.Has anyone seen or heard from that tiger recently!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,327 Posts
    Donegal TD Joe McHugh has requested a reaction from the Scottish First Minister to the abuse handed out to Jamie McCarthy, according to this article from today's tribune: http://i36.tinypic.com/30sx2lg.jpg
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Article from a freelance journalist (Irish Post etc) about his interest in James and the times we live in.
    Show hypocrisy the red card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    This thread is about James McCarthy who plays for Hamilton Ac.
    The last time the Famine Song was in the news you were of the firm belief that it was just directed at Celtic fans and not the Irish.
    I see that you are you not using the same "only banter" argument this time
    Perhaps you can remind where I claimed that.

My point on the famine song was that it involved fans of one British club slagging off another British club and should not involve another government (eg ours).

Of course I don't like to see opposition fans boo a young Irish player. I'd love to see him get a transfer to a bigger club in a much bigger league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Article from a freelance journalist (Irish Post etc) about his interest in James and the times we live in.
    Brilliant article; best I've read in a long time

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Perhaps you can remind where I claimed that.

My point on the famine song was that it involved fans of one British club slagging off another British club and should not involve another government (eg ours).

Of course I don't like to see opposition fans boo a young Irish player. I'd love to see him get a transfer to a bigger club in a much bigger league.
    Yes, you argued that it was one set of fans slagging another which equates to "banter" however ugly.
    You argued that the Famine song was just directed at Celtic.
    Even as others vainly tried to point out to you, that it was not just Celtic, it was anti Irish.
    Looks like the evidence is starting to pile up though

post 52
    Fans of 2 British football teams sing offensive songs about each other. One makes a derogatory reference to an event which happened here and suddenly our government is involves which associates our country with one of the teams.
    post 82
    The song is meant to be offensive to Celtic fans.
    or "they" does not equal "Catholic" or even "Ireland" it equals "Celtic"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    lads nothing will happen to Rangers over this. Nobody has the balls to do anything. Can you imagine if they were singing an anti black or anti jew song?

Let us not forget that their fans smashed up Manchester last May (costing the local council vast sums of money in a clean up operation) and got off lightly. "Those lads in the blue rangers shirts weren't our fans" they shouted or "it was only a small minority". The same will apply here.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Well it's gathering a bit more pace over here. Todays Times review of the Hamilton Rangers game was mainly a denouncement of the visiting fans merciless abuse of McCarthy and the contrast with the Kris Boyd situation with Scotland. At least that paper with the likes of Graham Speirs on board isn't afraid to put the boot in when required, as opposed their counterparts at the scottish dailies who ignore the neanderthal abuse pouring from the stands.
    SFA also getting involved now, but knowing them any action taken will have to include some sort of 'equaliser' or cop out.
    The dude abides....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Yes, you argued that it was one set of fans slagging another which equates to "banter" however ugly.
    You argued that the Famine song was just directed at Celtic.
    Even as others vainly tried to point out to you, that it was not just Celtic, it was anti Irish.
    Looks like the evidence is starting to pile up though

post 52

post 82

no it doesn't and you will know it. You've been caught out now please withdraw your comments.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    862 Posts
    Excellent article
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    Well it's gathering a bit more pace over here. Todays Times review of the Hamilton Rangers game was mainly a denouncement of the visiting fans merciless abuse of McCarthy and the contrast with the Kris Boyd situation with Scotland. At least that paper with the likes of Graham Speirs on board isn't afraid to put the boot in when required, as opposed their counterparts at the scottish dailies who ignore the neanderthal abuse pouring from the stands.
    SFA also getting involved now, but knowing them any action taken will have to include some sort of 'equaliser' or cop out.
    Today's Times article here

The teenage Glaswegian also had to put up with graphic visual demonstrations from the Rangers fans occupying two stands about what they thought of him, while his name was added to The Famine Song. No doubt some players view that sort of “stick” as proof that they are doing a good job if the opposition fans are wound up, but most Rangers fans would not recognise McCarthy in the street and some even mistook him for James McArthur, his midfield colleague, because they booed the Scotland Under21 player when his name was read out.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    no it doesn't and you will know it. You've been caught out now please withdraw your comments.

Not at all, my comments stand strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by co. down green View Post
    Today's Times article here

The teenage Glaswegian also had to put up with graphic visual demonstrations from the Rangers fans occupying two stands about what they thought of him, while his name was added to The Famine Song. No doubt some players view that sort of “stick” as proof that they are doing a good job if the opposition fans are wound up, but most Rangers fans would not recognise McCarthy in the street and some even mistook him for James McArthur, his midfield colleague, because they booed the Scotland Under21 player when his name was read out.
    Reminds me when we played Denmark in a friendly a few years back at Lansdowne. Stadium announcer named a Danish substitute as Peter Lovenkrands and he was booed out of the stadium - even though it was someone completely different. Poor bloke looked very confused.

Anyway it's idiotic where ever it happens, for whatever reason.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    AHAHAHAHA. The hurt is tangible.
    There was a very similar article about Mcarthy & Mcgeady in The Daily Record a little whileback typical Redtop trash as in the Sun article you posted. This stuff just helps fan the flames of the scum who spend their time booing them........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment...6908-20755330/

"James McCarthy is a country bumpkin"

"McCarthy and McGeady have made the biggest mistake of their football lives, and they'll have to live with it. It's like becoming a Goth at 17 and not being able to remove the eyeliner and Sisters Of Mercy T-shirt when you're 47.

Celtic's Irish fans say that "Scots-born Irishmen" should be allowed to make their own decisions. Only one problem.

McGeady and McCarthy are Scots-born Scots."
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Taken from http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5019831.ece

At least McCarthy, whose touch and energy underlined why Giovanni Trapattoni is likely to give him his full debut for Ireland this month, has stuck with the country that first offered him the chance to play international football and capped him at four age levels.

Will he get his debut against Poland?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Trap is recently quoted as saying he will give consideration to capping McCarthy at senior level.
    "I think we will have a possibility to look at him," he added, with clear reference to the Poland game. "I think we will choose him, and I am always positive."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Kieran Bracken (English scrum half) got booed off the pitch at Lansdowne Road because he had played schoolboy rugby for Ireland.
    havnt missed a home game since '85 but i obviously missed this. complete rubbish