Page 100 of 258 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 5144

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Yes and look what happened Nama last week in the courts, won on a techinicallity.

Courts are the reasons that a poor family in Roscommon was seriouslly abused for years and it wasn't stopped years before it wasnt happening.

Thats how courts work stutts. You have to use your cop on sometime to see things.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    100 pages, for a guy with one cap.

I am using my cop on. Cop on does not mean jumping to speculative conclusions. I prefer to let facts determine my judgment, where possible. So do courts as it happens, even if they get it wrong sometimes. The balance of evidence points to there being no issue regarding his status. The communications fiasco leads to a "no smoke without fire" thinking, which may or may not have its merits. It has planted seeds of doubt in my mind, sure, but I'm not going all John Kenny on it until I hear something more concrete.

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Stutts did you ever get to see us on al Jazeera?

Ya everybody appears to be donig that now. But last week there signs of something not quite right. The way its been seen by some reminds me of comical ally on the streets of Iraq saying they are nowhere near we have control blah blah, when there were bombs going off behind him or hitler during WWII denying to the last that the allys were closing in.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Terrible handling of the whole affair, agreed totally. But the cold reality is that he was seen to take bad knocks last week and is only just back from injury. Tuff Paddy quotes the player as being gutted. I have my concerns, sure, but based on evidence rather than emotion and hysteria, there's still little to suggest he's on his way to playing for Scotland. I think there's more evidence to suggest that elements of the Irish media are intent on sh1t stirring. Now, as an emotional man, I suspect something more sinister is afoot, be it the player is p1ssed off, or Trap is still holding a grudge over the RDS no-show, but this is only speculation. We all watch legal dramas I'm sure. If this was in court the defence would be shouting "Objection. Evidence?".
    The way certain media elements are going on about it totally ignores teh fact that he was picked in the squad and pulled out. If he wasn't being picked they may have had a point but it wasn't down to Trap that he wasn't in Dublin. I think that's what p1ssed him off so much with the journos going on and on about it. Comparing it to Andy Reid is a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    The way certain media elements are going on about it totally ignores teh fact that he was picked in the squad and pulled out. If he wasn't being picked they may have had a point but it wasn't down to Trap that he wasn't in Dublin. I think that's what p1ssed him off so much with the journos going on and on about it. Comparing it to Andy Reid is a joke.
    Trap picked him in our first game of this "campaign" in the friendly against Brazil, and capped him. Picked him in the squad for the games last summer and would surely have played him there again, but the player pulled out. Left him out of the squad for the Armenia game (or was he injured for that?), was then injured for the games later in the year. Trap picks him for this game as soon as he's fit, but player pulls out again.

Since the end of the last campaign Trap has repeatedly tried to pick him, but things haven't come together for whatever reason. Can't see why the usual hacks are trying to make a bigger deal out of it. I thought Coleman's performance against Wales showed that a young guy doing well for their club isn't necessarily going to rip apart the opposition straight away, yet Trap's "snubbing" of Coleman last time round when he, shock horror, didn't use him as a substitute in a friendly was apparently a major story.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Trap picked him in our first game of this "campaign" in the friendly against Brazil, and capped him. Picked him in the squad for the games last summer and would surely have played him there again, but the player pulled out. Left him out of the squad for the Armenia game (or was he injured for that?), was then injured for the games later in the year. Trap picks him for this game as soon as he's fit, but player pulls out again.

Since the end of the last campaign Trap has repeatedly tried to pick him, but things haven't come together for whatever reason. Can't see why the usual hacks are trying to make a bigger deal out of it. I thought Coleman's performance against Wales showed that a young guy doing well for their club isn't necessarily going to rip apart the opposition straight away, yet Trap's "snubbing" of Coleman last time round when he, shock horror, didn't use him as a substitute in a friendly was apparently a major story.
    Couldn't agree more.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Very worrying. OR will some on here say his own manager is out of touch, nothing to worry about. Get over it. Dose of cop on. etc

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...n-2534815.html

Martinezparaphrasing) James said he needs to focus on his club career and forget about international for now.

That doesn't say he has changed his mind, for the little hope of the naysayers out there but its still a strange thing to come out and say given whats going on. What i dont understand, because it might be suggested, is why Martinez would have an agenda in this case.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 10/02/2011 at 12:10 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Very worrying. OR will some on here say his own manager is out of touch, nothing to worry about. Get over it. Dose of cop on. etc

This is bad. Now his own manager is talking like something is up. Someone from Ireland needs to do something.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post

He wasn't picked in the initial 29. Then was picked for the u21's. Then was picked for the whittled down squad. When was the last time an Irish player with one cap was told publicly by his manager that he will be in the next two squads? One a crucial qualifyer. Its eccentric managment at best. I really hope Trapatonni actually picks him when match time comes around. We need McCarthy the way we need Clark. I don't believe anyone is expecting Messi. Just a slight improvement on what we already have could be the difference between qualifying and not qualifying.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Noely read the link. Either someone is telling lies or spinning the truth for their own gain.....or...
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Thats not good news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    He said the exact same things this time last year though when Levein "had a word" with him about switching. James McCarthur, his team mate at Hamilton and now Wigan says he's heard nothing about it.
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...thur-1.1084344

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Why is it any more worrying than "he likes ireland, he likes Scotland. He must decide."?

My instinctive reaction to Martinez' quote is that he is responding to a question about whether McC is about to defect. In that context everything he says is fair, and doesn't show any inside knowledge of the situation. He's probably more aware of the gossip than any decision McC is facing. Obviously it'd be nicer if he said "James has no decision to make, he wants to play for Ireland".

At least he is saying that McC was injured, not tired or disinterested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Martinez said:
    "When James got injured late in October he was so disappointed he just wanted to get back fully fit as quick as a he could. He told me then he needed to forget his international career and that was the conversation we had."

It's obvious that McCarthy didn't want to aggravate his injury, or risk over-doing it. Understandably, he views his club career as more important than his international career.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    The standard is, unless the manager gives permission to stay with your club, the player should be prepared to turn up, regardless of fitness to play.
    Ray Houghton said as much last night and a young player should be chomping at the bit to turn up. Fahy was in and out and back in again, if he was aggrieved with this, he could manage to put it into some perspective, he turns up and makes his contribution.
    Selecting James to play for the next game is an obvious conclusion to the lingering questions around him.
    What fit committed player can refuse a call up to an important qualifier?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    OR will some on here say ...Dose of cop on. etc
    "cop on" has been your stock quote throughout all of this, not anyone else's!

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I'm really hoping McCarthy himself comes out and clarifys the situation before the weekend. I have not read one comment attributed to McCarthy or those supposedly close to him that the player has any intention of switching to Scotland. Hope that remains the case.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great to have something new to exercise us seeing as Seamus Coleman got a cap and more relevantly, Stephen Ireland has ended the great Stephen Ireland debate by ****ing away his career....only differance here is that McCarthy is actually Scottish!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    James has already clarified himself. I don´t need to hear anything more from him or his mates.
    He just needs to turn up next month

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    What about a source who is a mate of a mate.

Stutts my only stick quote is mecom.who I've held since they were in the low 100s.

But who i should add I've only recently broke even due to insufficient funds when their RI went through