Page 206 of 258 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 5144

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stuttgart88 View Post
    i think it'd be quite nice to beat scotland.
    fixed!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

2. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Is it just me that wants to see TOWK v DannyI in a boxing match at half time v USA with POSH as referre(how else would we know what really happened unless he was there). Amazeballs

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Who would be the ref, Dick Towell?

No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    As long as tricky doesn't put 10p on it then it's a good bet.

Could be a good bet, I note McCarthy is riding high in the stats charts,

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2014-2015
    So he is the 27th best player in the Premiership. Also note worthy is Richard Dunne who is just 100 places behind him at #127
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 09/11/2014 at 11:24 PM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Could be a good bet, I note McCarthy is riding high in the stats charts,

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...ague-2014-2015
    So he is the 27th best player in the Premiership. Also note worthy is Richard Dunne who is just 100 places behind him at #127
    Just get out....

Tets can we get a week long ban for tricky too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    from what I've seen lately, tricky's been picked on as much as he's raised a few heckles

I'm running the "tricky's random bets" joke into the ground. TC, knock the random bet quotes on the head. Everyone else, stop mentioning tricky's random bets.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    10p says nobody stops.

10. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    from what I've seen lately, tricky's been picked on as much as he's raised a few heckles

I'm running the "tricky's random bets" joke into the ground. TC, knock the random bet quotes on the head. Everyone else, stop mentioning tricky's random bets.
    Tets moustache is beginning to look more "Adolf" than Charlie*. Boo-urns

* i meán chaplin, not Darwin who is evolutionarly hilarious.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 10/11/2014 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

That's like saying we can't talk about Termonbarry, umbrellas, mypost, rockets, no direct buses, skud missile, walls, cockroaches, asterix-ing a club in North Wicklow's name, calling Shams- Rovers to annoy Sligo fans, talking about biscuit tins and Ollie, Bohs and the double-sale, Derry and the double-accounts, appending 2010 to Derry City, calling it the Flansiro, appending 2010 to Cork City, Roddy never getting relegated, Cork's incredible free-kick record in 2014 ... all the things that make foot.ie the best darn corner of the internet in which to talk about football.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    That's like saying we can't talk about Termonbarry, umbrellas, mypost, rockets, no direct buses, skud missile, walls, cockroaches, asterix-ing a club in North Wicklow's name, calling Shams- Rovers to annoy Sligo fans, talking about biscuit tins and Ollie, Bohs and the double-sale, Derry and the double-accounts, appending 2010 to Derry City, calling it the Flansiro, appending 2010 to Cork City, Roddy never getting relegated, Cork's incredible free-kick record in 2014 ... all the things that make foot.ie the best darn corner of the internet in which to talk about football.
    Wasn't Bray Wanderers banned too? I'm sure you missed that Bonnie! And what's wrong with discussing umbrellas unless your name is Georgi Markov?
    Last edited by gastric; 10/11/2014 at 2:03 AM.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Anyway, Everton assessing him tomorrow, Martinez hopeful it's fatigue rather than a tear of some kind. Just like he said last month!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...land-1.1994055
    Would "tired of thinking of excuses" qualify as fatigue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm not looking for pity and i am not playing the victim, Danny. You have insulted me in several posts, you are constantly attacking my opinions, you keep making accusations about my motivations for posting and it's devaluing everything else you have to say. Was that polite enough? You can argue points without belittling someone and throwing your toys out of the pram.

Anymore, when it concerns contentious issues, i'm not going to bother dignifying your posts with a response and hopefully you'll do the same, because i imagine it is as frustrating for everyone else as it is for us. It's an exorcise in sadomasochism trying to reason with you!
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 10/11/2014 at 2:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I'm not looking for pity and i am not playing the victim, Danny. You have insulted me in several posts, you are constantly attacking my opinions, you keep making accusations about my motivations for posting and it's devaluing everything else you have to say. Was that polite enough? You can argue points without belittling someone and throwing your toys out of the pram.

Anymore, when it concerns contentious issues, i'm not going to bother dignifying your posts with a response and hopefully you'll do the same, because i imagine it is as frustrating for everyone else as it is for us. It's an exorcise in sadomasochism trying to reason with you!
    I don't know what exorcism has to do with it, but it's a start at least that you acknowledge taking some of your pleasure from the infliction of pain upon others... You do know what sadomasochism is, right? Otherwise, fair enough. Do what you must.

It's not any lack of politeness that grates with me, though, and you know that rightly. Even now you're disingenuously playing dumb to it by asking if you're being polite enough, as if that was ever an issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Wasn't Bray Wanderers banned too? I'm sure you missed that Bonnie! And what's wrong with discussing umbrellas unless your name is Georgi Markov?
    Club in North Wicklow buddy boy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    AC Milan (and Inter, it seems) interested in McCarthy, according to the Daily Star: http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/...james-mccarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ferguson
    It’s been a busy day for Everton’s transfer rumours, especially considering the transfer window is more than a month and a half away.

The Daily Star have unfortunately reported that AC Milan are interested in James McCarthy.

The British-based red top go so far as to say that McCarthy’s representatives were in Italy last week to talk to both Milan clubs – sounds a lot like ‘paper talk’ in my opinion.

The AC Milan boss has been described as a ‘huge admirer’ of the 23 year-old but has also been linked with Real Madrid’s Asier Illaramendi.
    Manchester United are said to interested as well, although there is a potential new contract at Everton possibly on the table, so perhaps these are no more than agent rumours drip-fed to the media to ensure he gets as good an offer from Everton as is possible.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I don't where Man Utd would find a place for McCarthy in the system Van Gaal is going with, they have plenty of central midfield options as it stands. Unless McCarthy has a shadow career as a central defender.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Not sure Inter or Milan could afford the transfer fee, although he would be on the lower level of pay that they can compete with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    TOWK; I went and dug up a comment by Martinez on the "international alliegiance issue" and this is what he had said in 2010: http://greenscene.me/2011/01/trapatt...thy-in-quotes/

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Martinez
    I spoke to James and told him he should not listen to anybody. You need to listen to your feeling about where you want to be playing. I know that in Scotland they made a huge meal out of it and they let him know how they felt and probably that could make a bearing on his decision. It is important for any player as representing your country is probably where you are going to be achieving your biggest memories of your career going into World Cups or European Championships. But I have said to James he needs to make his own decision. The moment you allow people to influence your decision, you are going to make a wrong decision. He is playing for the Under-21s for Republic of Ireland and he has a clear idea of that at the moment. He has played in Scotland for many years, so he understands the football feeling around that country, so I am sure James will come up with the right decision. I think he should not listen to anyone; maybe his mum and maybe his environment. But I know that in Scotland they made a huge meal out of it and they let him know how they felt when he chose Republic of Ireland and probably that could make a bearing on his decision. But James is a very mature boy. He is an impressive character and, if he listens to his feeling, he will make the right decision.
    What's your issue with that exactly? I don't sense any pressure in that either way. He was clearly asked about the possibility of James playing for either Scotland or Ireland at senior level and gave a fairly balanced and diplomatic answer, despite acknowledging James' "clear idea" with Ireland. If you think there was pro-SFA persuasion going on there, you're being paranoid. Martinez advised James to ignore the media; to make his own decision and not listen to anybody else besides maybe his family and those close to him. It's a fairly neutral admission that it's not something Martinez should have any say in. In fact, he even states that "a meal" was made of the issue in Scotland. Such terminology is invariably used in a negatively critical sense, as far as I'm concerned. The main concern of Martinez - it is obvious - was the possible distraction of the matter to James' club career rather than the specific possibility of him playing for Ireland.

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    So, no Twitter action from the Irish hacks on who did what in training today, who played, who sat it out, who got a scan etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    So, no Twitter action from the Irish hacks on who did what in training today, who played, who sat it out, who got a scan etc?
    Just a snap of training, which Ward, Whelan and McCarthy sat out: https://twitter.com/FM104/status/532131253034971136

I'm pretty sure seeing new posts in this thread between now and Friday will give me a coronary every single time!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook