Thread: The ultimate contradiction...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ultimate contradiction...

Posted by Thelimerick on 28/07/2005.
    Have to agree with you there 100%
    The current relationship or lack thereof between club and supporters at the moment is bad good news for everybody.
    If the club have any sense whatsoever they would organise a public meeting, get everything out there, talk about it like adults and then move on. We should all be talking football on this forum but the neverending PR disasters are preventing this from happening. If the club dont organise something soon I suggest we the supporters organise a public meeting and invite Drew, O'Connor and and any other club officials willing to attend...
    Yet the same man now pontificates to us doubters that the club does not have anything to answer to supporters, and that the failure of the club to disclose details of problems is not a concern.

I know you're not supposed to personally attack posters here, but you my man, with all due respect are an arse!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    ouch....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    and here I was thinking I was the ultimate L37 layabout, but you PBW have topped me by searching through posts for contradictions. Seriously I'm sure every poster on foot has contradicted himself many times if you were to check their posts.

And the level of the relationship between Drew's shower and the current ones isn't even in the same sport, let alone ball park, and from what I've seen of thelimerick's posts he is just saying it isn't so bad that we need to bring the current adminstration to task over every little event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    First of all if you did decide to volunteer some of your time and energy to the club I'm sure it would be a great assett as you seem to have an abundance of both. A point worth noting is that there has been a lot of FACTS thrown about in the last few weeks that are in fact completely untrue. Ski responded to some of those that were directed his way and his response has been ridiculed and the rumours continue to be quoted as fact when they are not. On a personal level I just can't believe the hunt thats taking place on this site of late considering where we have come from as aclub and I'd question the motives behind it.
    I'll be the first to put my hands up and say some things I've said on here down through the years have been out of order, I'm sure that can be said of plenty. Call me an arse all you want, the fact is this kind of thing is pure and simple ugly and it's really getting out of hand. Ski, whether anyone likes it or not is respected by the squad. He is devastated when we lose as is the squad. What do you think they are making of all of this? I think it's time to get a bit of perspective...
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    Ski, whether anyone likes it or not is respected by the squad.
    I didn't think anybody had questioned this?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    I didn't think anybody had questioned this?
    I think its pretty significant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I think its significant too. And I doubt he's respected by many as a person considering his behaviour. It's embarrassing to be fair. I'm sure the players respect him as a footballer and he's got the results I'd have expected of any manager with the amount he's spending.

He really needs to take a step back and analyse his behaviour as compared to every other EL manager. As PBW said, you are an arse if you can't acknowledge the problems that exist, and it is a little two-faced to have expected Danny Drew sit down and explain his financial problems with the supporters and not expect Ger Finnin to do the same.

I don't think you are an arse, and I reckon you acknowledge the problems but are defending the club as you are involved. Theres nothing wrong with that, but try and be objective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I think its significant too. And I doubt he's respected by many as a person considering his behaviour. It's embarrassing to be fair. I'm sure the players respect him as a footballer and he's got the results I'd have expected of any manager with the amount he's spending.

He really needs to take a step back and analyse his behaviour as compared to every other EL manager. As PBW said, you are an arse if you can't acknowledge the problems that exist, and it is a little two-faced to have expected Danny Drew sit down and explain his financial problems with the supporters and not expect Ger Finnin to do the same.

I don't think you are an arse, and I reckon you acknowledge the problems but are defending the club as you are involved. Theres nothing wrong with that, but try and be objective.
    You see, here we go... how much is he spending? and what do you know of any of that, really?? There's too much being said on things that people do not know. As for my comments in 2005 (Jesus Christ!) the situation at that time was a very different one from today and efforts to portray them with any kind of simularity is IMO nuts. I'm also very confident you and others here have never once approached the club with any complaints whatsoever.
    Also my "involvement" is quiet modest but I'm personally proud of the time and effort I am trying to put in, I'm not a spokesperson for the club, I post as a supporter which I am, but I do see the enormous amount of work being put in and the pictures being painted on here of some of these people simply do not match the reality. I honestly don't know what else I can say to you other than that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You see, here we go... how much is he spending? and what do you know of any of that, really?? There's too much being said on things that people do not know. ...
    I dare you or anyone from the club to tell me that the wage bill is less than 5 grand a week minimum.I will put my house on that because I know several players and their parents and know what they earn. I'm taliking fact here..not the dreamland figures you seem to think. As an aside to that, an ex-player recently let go had his cheques bounce. Another fact by the way.

As for my comments in 2005 (Jesus Christ!) the situation at that time was a very different one from today and efforts to portray them with any kind of simularity is IMO nuts....
    Whats nuts about it? Alls thats different is that the club has a home. We still have the egomaniac chairman, a sh1te manager and no money to pay wages. Explain the difference.

I'm also very confident you and others here have never once approached the club with any complaints whatsoever. ....
    Wrong again. Read my threads about my share pack. And what about the lads who wanted to do something to promote the finn harps game more? Club never bothered to get back to them

Also my "involvement" is quiet modest but I'm personally proud of the time and effort I am trying to put in, I'm not a spokesperson for the club, I post as a supporter which I am, but I do see the enormous amount of work being put in and the pictures being painted on here of some of these people simply do not match the reality. I honestly don't know what else I can say to you other than that...
    Don't say anything....please, cos you're sadly deluded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Whats nuts about it? Alls thats different is that the club has a home. We still have the egomaniac chairman, a sh1te manager and no money to pay wages. Explain the difference.
    If thats where you're coming from fair enough, if you can't see the difference then me explaining anything would be a waste of both our time.
    I'll say this though, nobody at the club claims everything is absolutely perfect all the time, of course it isn't otherwise there would be nothing to do and nothing to improve on. It's just barely six months into the very first season so naturally there is plenty to do. Considering how close we came to not having a club in the first place, being fourth consitutes progress along with a strong U21 and ladies set-up. Look, here I go wasting my time...
    Last edited by thelimerick; 15/08/2007 at 8:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Considering how close we came to not having a club in the first place, being fourth consitutes progress along with a strong U21 and ladies set-up. Look, here I go wasting my time...
    That's all on the field stuff and is, indeed, very laudable. However, I don't think even you can praise the indifference shown by the committee when the going got tough which ostracised the fans that were told they own the club and were promised to be kept informed at all times of whats happening.
    Last edited by joeSoap; 15/08/2007 at 9:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=PinBallWizard;746109]I dare you or anyone from the club to tell me that the wage bill is less than 5 grand a week minimum.I will put my house on that because I know several players and their parents and know what they earn. I'm taliking fact here..not the dreamland figures you seem to think. As an aside to that, an ex-player recently let go had his cheques bounce. Another fact by the way.

Yes this is true,thing i can't understand is WHY give out rubber cheques when the club know that the money's not there,totally out of order and embarrassing for the players who cash them....Bad form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    That's all on the field stuff and is, indeed, very laudable. However, I don't think even you can praise the indifference shown by the committee when the going got tough which ostracised the fans that were told they own the club and were promised to be kept informed at all times of whats happening.
    Te on-field stuff ain't that laudable either Joe, now is it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Would you have taken 4th spot and still in the FAI Cup last March?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    There's a Q&A session with Ger Finnin and any supporter/junior bitter that wants to attend tomorrow night at 7.30pm on the top floor of Mojo's Bar. I'm sure PinBallWizard, with his balls of steel, will be there with bells on Plus all the other complainers on here - now's the time to get yer answers lads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thats positive. Less than 24 hours notice and nothing on the website hardly is the way to silence critics is it?

Perhaps a week from now would give nobody any excuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Yea the short notice isn't great and can't go myself because of it as I work late every Thursday night. Only passing on a message we all got in the supporters club this evening so I don't know anymore than that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    There's a Q&A session with Ger Finnin and any supporter/junior bitter that wants to attend tomorrow night at 7.30pm on the top floor of Mojo's Bar. I'm sure PinBallWizard, with his balls of steel, will be there with bells on Plus all the other complainers on here - now's the time to get yer answers lads!
    Cant make it myself but can someone ask WHY are l37 giving out rubber cheques.This is a disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because they have no €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€₠¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â ‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€₠¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â ‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€₠¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬â‚¬

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This thread is an absolute disgrace. What is moaning and complaining behind your computer going to do? Your blaming the club for not giving you information about financial problems. Do you know that the club does have financial problems? No you dont!! Every single League of Ireland club has financial problems in different ways. We have to start to cut out this negative crap. If i wasnt already a dedicated fan and i read things on here, i wouldnt be attracted to the club. Negativity surrounding the club will not attract new fans and therefore raise the attendances. And how is the club going to improve this apparent financial crisis if new fans arent attracted. Its up to us the exsisting fans to be positive about Our club. Its not as if the officials involved with the club are in it for thier ownsakes. They are in it for the club and we as fans should and can help them instead of moaning
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast