Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: McGee Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Secondly can someone give me a reason as to why he kept on Anthony Hayes when he let 3 other players go other than his dad and Skee are allegedly golf buddies / friends.

On this subject can anyone please explain why Davy Wall was let go?/Was there a row???
    "Bath Avenue or Shelbourne" 1895

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    On this subject can anyone please explain why Davy Wall was let go?/Was there a row???
    With the 21's coming together and Colbert and Barrett signing I assumed he was just surplus to requirments tbh

Although I thought Hayes would be released aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
    Secondly can someone give me a reason as to why he kept on Anthony Hayes when he let 3 other players go other than his dad and Skee are allegedly golf buddies / friends.

This i have to say is the only thing i have had a major bake about this year, i would have let Hayes go and kept Maloney (A great impact player imo).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    By who? and to who? I was there and didnt hear his name mentioned, and why the need to be 'outed'?
    Ger Finnin was made aware it was Tom by a member of the SC who works for the club. And no need to be outed, everyone knows that Tom was out of order except himself, and his clique who are backing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    I meant that in response to where you said there is a bit of PR work to be done after Kilkenny. Does that mean everytime someone calls for McGee out or your not fit to wear the shirt then there will be an apology?
    Nope that's not what I'm saying. I don't think you really get it. You need to actually read the thread instead of coming on with blind support of a fan just because you've had problems in Athlone yerselves. This is a completely different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Thought you weren't naming any people involve but shur good man quelle suprise
    I didn't name you to anybody, someone else did

Couldn't give a fig whatever lies most of the cowards that were in Kilkenny told you tbh, I know what happened
    By cowards I presume you mean the youngfellas who sang the chants but didn't have anything to say then when faced up to the players? Nope, not them

It's sad and pathetic but again quelle suprise
    You're going to run out of dummies Tom

Anyone whos opinion I care about at that club has came down on my side which says a lot
    Who has come down on your side from the club, apart from your match-going buddies?

More spineless OPINION from Mike with not a name mentioned
    Nah, just an opinion based on the fact that certain people are trying to drag another member of the SC in to shouldering the blame for what went on in Kilkenny, when he had nothing to do with it. Ye don't fool me lads

Read the start of Battery Rovers excellent post on Supporters Clubs please
    What happened in Athlone and in Kilkenny are two different things. Battery Rover doesn't seem to be grasping what went on in Kilkenny

They represented the opinions of the people in charge of the flags.
    That's a s**t excuse. Childish, sad and pathetic behaviour.

In future you can hand everyone out a flag each to put up and do with as they see fit.
    No need, a better idea would to keep you away from the flags in case you take them down again just because things aren't going your way, boo hoo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What's this...A multi-quote competition betweem LTID and 4tothefloor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I have based what I said in my posts on what I have read on here as a whole.

Now can someone say exactly what was said in Kilkenny cause from what I see it was a few McGee out, Your not fit to wear the shirt chants and what did McGee actually say to Tom in response and can that be someone who was actually there not people that have heard chinese whispers. Maybe KevB or Gael

Were there chants questioning their parents or upbringing which would be over the top?

Do any of the supporters club have a seat on the board ie attend meetings? If so who is it?

In my opinion from what appears here so far is that McGee is again trying to act the hard boy in front of players and supporters to cover clueless tactics that he is employing in matches lately.
    Last edited by Battery Rover; 19/08/2007 at 9:56 PM.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Ger Finnin was made aware it was Tom by a member of the SC who works for the club.
    Again, no naming of names - SPINELESS

It was Trev

I know exactly what was said

So does Monkfish by all accounts

You're taking it completely out of context but shur hey, much like the game, you weren't even at the meeting so can't expect you to have your facts straight

And besides all that as Monkfish said, have I tried to deny any of my actions??

And no need to be outed, everyone knows that Tom was out of order except himself, and his clique who are backing him up.
    Level of the playground again. Who's everyone??

And as for my "clique"??

LMAO

You weren't even there

What about the other less sensitive soul of a player SLK mentioned?? Is he part of my clique aswell??

And Battery Rover from Athlone?? Another member of my clique??

Nope that's not what I'm saying.
    What are you saying there then Mike??

By cowards I presume you mean the youngfellas who sang the chants but didn't have anything to say then when faced up to the players? Nope, not them
    Ya, it was only me and the youngfellas, youngfellas I doubtless led astray

You're going to run out of dummies Tom
    Good strong argument there........

Who has come down on your side from the club, apart from your match-going buddies?
    Why would I need anyone from the club to defend me??

Now that I think of it none of them were at the game either

Nah, just an opinion based on the fact that certain people are trying to drag another member of the SC in to shouldering the blame for what went on in Kilkenny, when he had nothing to do with it.
    What this is actually about is me shouldering the entire blame for the behaviour of fifty people

Once again no mention of names for these mysterious "certain people" - SPINELESS

Yawn.

Ye don't fool me lads
    By the looks of things you're more than capable of looking like a fool all by yourself

Give it a rest

Your whole argument basically comes down to being willing to take someone elses word over my own. As arguments go, tis not a very strong one

What happened in Athlone and in Kilkenny are two different things. Battery Rover doesn't seem to be grasping what went on in Kilkenny
    And you continue the making a fool of yourself trend by patronising Battery Rover regardless of the fact that the point he made about Supporters Clubs is still relevant to the argument

That's a s**t excuse. Childish, sad and pathetic behaviour.
    More strong argument here.

You're actually starting to come across boderline wierd such is your upset

No need, a better idea would to keep you away from the flags in case you take them down again just because things aren't going your way, boo hoo
    Yet more strong argument.

Yes Mike that's why they were taken down

How come none of the saints tried to stop me at the time??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Now can someone say exactly what was said in Kilkenny cause from what I see it was a few McGee out, Your not fit to wear the shirt chants and what did McGee actually say to Tom in response and can that be someone who was actually there not people that have heard chinese whispers.
    In fairness to him, in a shocking display of something almost appraoching savvy he just stood there smirking at us and sipping his water bottle after I had a go at full time

Didn't come out when the players were warming down either

Maybe KevB or Gael
    Wouldn't bother asking Trev. He's quite obviously part of my "clique" and so unlike all the people who have been pi$$ing on me all week is therefore incapable of having an independant thought

Were there chants questioning their parents or upbringing which would be over the top?
    Certainly not from me

You can ask any of my "clique", I would never dream of saying anything like that to one of our own

Do any of the supporters club have a seat on the board ie attend meetings? If so who is it?
    NeedToKnow

As you can probably tell, a leader of men he is not
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 19/08/2007 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    What's this...A multi-quote competition betweem LTID and 4tothefloor?
    You're in the way damnit!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote:
    NeedToKnow

Ok never knew that and the reason I asked that was in terms of a fair and balanced argument. I can see the position he is in then he is having to defend the club in one way and on the other being a committee member of an independent supporters club.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Just to clarify it sure as hell wasn't me

That's their own business whether or not they feel comfortable

That wasn't me either

And neither was that

Good God could other people who weren't me actually have caused upset at games

Then again, probably kids I led astray eh lads??
    I've been multi-quoted by Lim til i die, thats made my day
    LTID

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

listen ltid,i,m actually starting to feel sorry for you....must be getting soft,but sure you know already the.....cartel.....are like the weather their opinions change to suit themselves where as you are like the rain ...consistently miserable,and thats to be admired......keep up the good fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    By the looks of things you're more than capable of looking like a fool all by yourself
    You're actually starting to come across boderline wierd such is your upset
    Ah, the personal insults are starting. I won't lower myself and retort though
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 20/08/2007 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NeedToKnow

Asked both of ye not to take down the flags, as i also put them up. Ye didn't pay an ounce of attention to me. What exactly did you want me to do?

As regards work, we have a very good SC which has taken up a lot of my and others time. I don't like the way the second half went in Kilkenny & make no secret that it was OTT imo. I like to be positive about the club & don't see why i should feel bad about it and i won't.

You have your opinion & i have mine on supporting the team. This is dragging on too much! Lets move on, its helping no one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Something no doubt he learned from you.

Give it a rest
    Practice what you preach.

And you continue the making a fool of yourself trend by patronising Battery Rover
    Thats pretty rich coming from the most pompous, idiotic arsehole I've ever encountered on this forum.

And yes, I include myself in that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Thats pretty rich coming from the most pompous, idiotic arsehole I've ever encountered on this forum.

And yes, I include myself in that...
    Well that's something....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Well that's something....

Anyway from what I've heard from Kilkenny (wasn't there so don't know what went on) the known party was part of a group of people who were chanting for McGee to be shown the door, that it was a disgrace to lose to kilkenny etc., and then got hung out to dry by the rest of the fans when people wanted to know who was to blame. Pretty spineless action from the people in question, whether you agree what was chanted was right or not, and has left a bad taste on both sides of this argument it seems. None of this came from LtiD I might add, although he did confirm it when I asked him about it. I think I'll also add that without LtiD and/or SLK leading the chants in the Shed it's a far less funny place

As for McGee, well he's a grown man and should be able to take the criticisms that go with losing to Kilkenny, that's about as much of a end of as can be in that discussion. What's worrying is the way he can't motivate the players at the moment, from what I heard and still hear that is supposed to be his strong point and all. From what I've seen and heard lately they don't seem to give a toss where they finish in this league, and saying it's our first season will be the likely excuse when Shelbourne overtake us, which is a cop out when you look at the wages being spent on the first team.

That's all I'll say on the matter, unless you can give me LtiD's cliques secret handshake of course

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Anyway from what I've heard from Kilkenny (wasn't there so don't know what went on) the known party was part of a group of people who were chanting for McGee to be shown the door, that it was a disgrace to lose to kilkenny etc., and then got hung out to dry by the rest of the fans when people wanted to know who was to blame.
    And that is why I am locking this thread. Also it's gone horribly off topic and around in circles but there you have it. Witchunts are neither big nor clever. I must say I'm shocked that the dozens of upset and angry fans in Kilkenny couldn't manage to even drown out one person. Anybody would think that there was more than one person making all this negative noise...

Go forth and play on another topic boys and girls. As Needtoknow has pointed out this aids nobody but this time the moral majority seem to have no hesitation is throwing negative vibes at the club in their hurry to clear their own names.

PS) I do not include 4TTF in the name clearing as he (much like myself and Jebus) was not at the scene of said crime.

We really are somewhat of a ragtag group.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345