Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wexfords Youths v Limerick 37 Abandoned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I'm not knocking Robbie here as much as knocking what he's being told to do as regards losing weight. When he was playing under Noel O'Connor, no matter what other problems were there, fitness and his weight wasn't an issue. He's a semi-professional footballer, and the club should have him doing more than jogging around Summervilles pitch. He needs help with his diet, be made go off the drink and adapt his training to put emphasis on weight loss. The club are suffering when he's not fit because he's probably the best match winner in the entire division when on song.

Ya thats extremely true. In wexford he was class for the first half but then seemed to struggle (maybe he cant see in the dark ). But saying that when he was under NOC he didnt leave to go to Shamrock Rovers and I dunno what happen up there or exactly how many games he played,but one of our best players has come back very un-fit and i wouldnt put that down to the current management to be honest. P.S does anyone know if Kevin Waters is injured for friday? He limped off during the Wexford game!!
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Ya thats extremely true. In wexford he was class for the first half but then seemed to struggle (maybe he cant see in the dark ). But saying that when he was under NOC he didnt leave to go to Shamrock Rovers and I dunno what happen up there or exactly how many games he played,but one of our best players has come back very un-fit and i wouldnt put that down to the current management to be honest. P.S does anyone know if Kevin Waters is injured for friday? He limped off during the Wexford game!!
    Of course its down to the current management. They have had him back for over 2 months now, and he has made no progress at all from a fitness/weight loss perspective. What they're doing with him obviously isn't working, so it's time they changed tack....

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    although i don't know what fitness or weight loss training there are doing with robbie i do think maybe the management might not be doing enough to get him back to full fitness.

Anyone know what kind of training he is doing?? i.e. is he just training with the team like every other player or is he doing extra training and fitness work....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    although i don't know what fitness or weight loss training there are doing with robbie i do think maybe the management might not be doing enough to get him back to full fitness.

Anyone know what kind of training he is doing?? i.e. is he just training with the team like every other player or is he doing extra training and fitness work....

Well i presume they do have a fitness plan for him as he wasnt allowed to start a senior game until he played a certain amount of u-21 games. I think they are doing what they can, weight doesnt just fall off overnight!! He does extra fitness work ya...
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Well i presume they do have a fitness plan for him as he wasnt allowed to start a senior game until he played a certain amount of u-21 games. I think they are doing what they can, weight doesnt just fall off overnight!! He does extra fitness work ya...

good to hear he is doing extra fitness work. let's hope that this starts to pay off as soon as possible cause as everyone knows a fit kelleher is one of the best players in this division

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123