Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wexfords Youths v Limerick 37 Abandoned

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Heard we were caught pretty badly tactically for their equaliser. Chucka was apparently moved to play as a left sided midfielder when Blondie went off, and no cover for left full was put in place. Apparently their guy got a free header
    If true lets just hope Mcgee has learned from this mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I just spoke to a mate of mine in the FAI and he's 95% sure that it will have to be replayed.

And when were the FAI 100% sure of anything.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    [QUOTE=Jofspring;736926]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Iv seen it all now!
    Those lights were never on in the first place, in fact im very surprised the game made it past the 50 min mark because of poor light.QUOTE]

Has to be a fine on the way to wexford for what seems like chancing there arm that there would be enough daylight to finish the game. I wonder if the ref had been notified before kick off that the lights weren't working??
    My mother has to take all the blame. First time she was ever in the place and the lights wouldn't work . Apparently she may have to ban herself from going to games as she was getting too into it and was swearing at player, ref, etc...

Anyway sorry to hear about the whole situation, bit of a farce, Wallace goes away for a week and forgets to tell anyone how to turn the lights on .

Heard Wexford were definitely looking the more likely side to get a winner though so maybe a blessing in disguise for you guys.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I just spoke to a mate of mine in the FAI and he's 95% sure that it will have to be replayed.

Anything less than a replay will be a joke. giving limerick the points to avoid the hassle of having to travel again would be nice though

Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post

Heard Wexford were definitely looking the more likely side to get a winner though so maybe a blessing in disguise for you guys.

Definately a blessing in disguise.....i think limerick will take advantage of this and beat wexford next time around. Its the kind of luck limerick need at this stage of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wexford should loose home advantage.They failed to provide the facilities to hold the game????
    "Bath Avenue or Shelbourne" 1895

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Heard we were caught pretty badly tactically for their equaliser. Chucka was apparently moved to play as a left sided midfielder when Blondie went off, and no cover for left full was put in place. Apparently their guy got a free header.

All this from the Wexford People by the way before anyone starts shouting....

No your spot on. When Waters went off, Buckley pushed forward as if he was playing as a wing-back. Wexford played with 10 sometimes 11 men behind the ball for the second half and it was a counter attack goal, long ball over Purcells head and to be honest I dunno what Dave Ryan was doing cause the ball just rolled in.. He seemed very flat footed for their goal. The ref said the game will be replayed sometime next week, in Wexford!! The stewards even said if we kept our tickets we could get in free to the replay!! Its going to be our 6th time playing Wexford this season
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post

No way , Limerick all over Wexford, ye just had your whole team behind the ball and the goal was a counter attack!! but it was a blessing in disgise if it was turning out to be a 1-1 draw!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    No your spot on. When Waters went off, Buckley pushed forward as if he was playing as a wing-back. Wexford played with 10 sometimes 11 men behind the ball for the second half and it was a counter attack goal, long ball over Purcells head and to be honest I dunno what Dave Ryan was doing cause the ball just rolled in.. He seemed very flat footed for their goal. The ref said the game will be replayed sometime next week, in Wexford!! The stewards even said if we kept our tickets we could get in free to the replay!! Its going to be our 6th time playing Wexford this season
    and no doubt we played the total football we play every week.how did the front 2 play and is it true no one from l37 board at the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Enough Rubbish

Is Kevin Waters alright??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the alamo

think the story is-replay,and possibly fine as well incurring L37 expenses for replay.but we're dealing with f.a.i so anything could happen.there was a power failure in the area around 6.30pm,this aparently knocked out gennie.don't know bout the gennie story,but there was definetly a power cut at 6:30pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    and no doubt we played the total football we play every week.how did the front 2 play and is it true no one from l37 board at the game.
    The two up front, Kelliher and Colbert were good but Wayne kept dropping deep and Robbie seemed too un-fit to get the 70 minutes he played. he didnt do much in the second half, but in the first half Limerick were solid but as usual seemed to dwindle away in the second half and didnt take their chances. And yes as far as I know there was no one from the L37 board there. They have day jobs too ye know!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Is Kevin Waters alright??

Well he got a bad tackle early on in the game and he seemed to be struggling from then on and during the second half he was subed off and he limped off!! I say he is doubtful for friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kopite View Post
    think the story is-replay,and possibly fine as well incurring L37 expenses for replay.but we're dealing with f.a.i so anything could happen.there was a power failure in the area around 6.30pm,this aparently knocked out gennie.don't know bout the gennie story,but there was definetly a power cut at 6:30pm.
    Power failure in the area? how come the yuppys in the wine bar didnt have to sip their 'Black Tower' by candle-light? also the lights around the ground were working, they were also able to turn on the lights of the pitchs behind the ground for a min or 2 while trying to get the main floodlights on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ı thınk the last tıme(2002) they sent home our captaın and only world class player....ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE EFICIENCY OF OUR GOVERNING BODY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Power failure in the area? how come the yuppys in the wine bar didnt have to sip their 'Black Tower' by candle-light?
    I think yuppies would be sipping something less common and more expensive than Black Tower What's it with you and wine bars anyway?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    I think yuppies would be sipping something less common and more expensive than Black Tower What's it with you and wine bars anyway?!
    Black tower is very la di da when compaired to the Buckfast and Dutch gold ya know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The two up front, Kelliher and Colbert were good but Wayne kept dropping deep and Robbie seemed too un-fit to get the 70 minutes he played. he didnt do much in the second half, but in the first half Limerick were solid but as usual seemed to dwindle away in the second half and didnt take their chances. And yes as far as I know there was no one from the L37 board there. They have day jobs too ye know!!
    Why then is he being picked? What is McGee doing about his fitness? There isn't another manager in the country that wouldn't have him fit by now. He's been back months ffs. He's obviously not being trained or advised correctly,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

fitness?

Why then is he being picked? What is McGee doing about his fitness? There isn't another manager in the country that wouldn't have him fit by now. He's been back months ffs. He's obviously not being trained or advised correctly,
    i think the fact he went to Spain for 2 weeks in late june early july didnt help his cause,plus he had an injury which he couldnt train on for over a week, thats 3 weeks of no training of the 7/8 weeks his been back.
    EVERYTHING is black and white

Thats just textbook................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ah come on now, he was extremely over-weight as in even for a non-player. He is always training and running on his own and I think the 70+ minutes did him good but still dont know why he didnt start with McCarthy upfront

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Ah come on now, he was extremely over-weight as in even for a non-player. He is always training and running on his own and I think the 70+ minutes did him good but still dont know why he didnt start with McCarthy upfront
    I'm not knocking Robbie here as much as knocking what he's being told to do as regards losing weight. When he was playing under Noel O'Connor, no matter what other problems were there, fitness and his weight wasn't an issue. He's a semi-professional footballer, and the club should have him doing more than jogging around Summervilles pitch. He needs help with his diet, be made go off the drink and adapt his training to put emphasis on weight loss. The club are suffering when he's not fit because he's probably the best match winner in the entire division when on song.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast