Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldkeeper Has To Go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Oldkeeper Has To Go

lads this job is to big for him lim37 have to get professional in full time if this is goin to work this chap wasnt even good enough for the local ldmc he is not able to do this he cudnt organise a **** up in a brewery surely other people agree as well he not up to the job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Whoa....

Lets not get the knives out or jump the gun here. As far as I can see, he has done an awful lot of good work for the club to date but maybe taken on too much responsibility and perhaps he has become 'infatuated' with the whole thing. I would not be calling for his head, but at this stage would respectfully ask him to re-consider things that have taken place to date, realise where the mistakes have been made and correct them before this has gotten out of hand altogether.

While it does appear that it is not Limerick37FC, but "Ger Finnin & Darren Hehir FC" the situation is redeemable. In order to save face now however, I believe Ger Finnin has to:

a). provide full disclosure to the fans about the current plight of the club.
    b). Be upfront and admit that there was errors made and let us see a plan to remedy them.
    c). re-appoint Kieran Judge to the club in a general manager or secretary position as he has the experience and respect of others who have been far more involved in EL football over the years.
    d). come down from cloud cuckoo land where he has been living and reduce the responsibility on himself and stop making this look like its his and Darren Hehirs club, which to be fair is how they have been acting.

A lot of good work has been done also. It would be a shame to undo it all now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Excuse my ignorance but why did Kieran Judge go???
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    He was never part of the new set-up as far as I am aware (but open to correction), but I think he should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    In fairness Ger puts in a lot of work, and I wouldn't want to see him go at all. Mistakes have been made, but they can be fixed. I'd agree with joe that Kieran Judge should be, and should always have been, part of the set up anyway. Himself and Trev did great stuff promoting the club under the last adminstration, and both should be given the chance to do so again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down get rid

ger talks a good game but cant deliver went to the press saying keith hartnett signed christ he hadnt even signed a form made lim37 look like ****ing apes then blames keith

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Whoa....

Lets not get the knives out or jump the gun here. As far as I can see, he has done an awful lot of good work for the club to date but maybe taken on too much responsibility and perhaps he has become 'infatuated' with the whole thing. I would not be calling for his head, but at this stage would respectfully ask him to re-consider things that have taken place to date, realise where the mistakes have been made and correct them before this has gotten out of hand altogether.

While it does appear that it is not Limerick37FC, but "Ger Finnin & Darren Hehir FC" the situation is redeemable. In order to save face now however, I believe Ger Finnin has to:

b). Be upfront and admit that there was errors made and let us see a plan to remedy them.
    c). re-appoint Kieran Judge to the club in a general manager or secretary position as he has the experience and respect of others who have been far more involved in EL football over the years.
    d). come down from cloud cuckoo land where he has been living and reduce the responsibility on himself and stop making this look like its his and Darren Hehirs club, which to be fair is how they have been acting.

* I would just like to add that the opinions expressed in the above post are mine and mine alone. I have developed them having observed what I see as happening within the club from a distance. If I am wrong, or anybody wants to correct me, please feel free to do so, and I will happily edit it.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this thread and I'll lock it at the first sign of personal attacks. My 2c is that it would be ludicrous to push the chairman out right now, a lot of positive steps have been taken this season that he can take credit for initiating. That said it looks as though all is not well behind the scenes and if only to keep the rumours on a leash it might be an idea for the club to give a clear, transparent account of what's actually going on at the moment?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thats'a all people are asking for, and thats all people deserve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Kieran Judge and Michael O'Sullivan should be working in the positions that certain shareholders self appointed themselves to, and quite frankly, haven't a bulls notion how to do those jobs. Fine, be a shareholder and walk around the place like you own it but do not take up positions that you haven't a clue about. And I'm not talking about Ger Finnin here......

If the above mentioned were working alongside Ger Finnin, we wouldn't be where we are now. Trevor Beacom is another guy who should be working directly for the club, instead of selling sweets inside the tuck shop. He'd be ten times better than some of the ones already there. But that's what you get with 'jobs for the boys'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

The Problem is

The Commercial Side

Which should be blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    ger talks a good game but cant deliver went to the press saying keith hartnett signed christ he hadnt even signed a form made lim37 look like ****ing apes then blames keith

i believe the story there is that hartnett did sign but changed his mind and the club did the decent thing and ripped the form up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just wanna say, whoever started this thread is just bitter and must be blind. Can you not see the effort and time Ger Finnin has put into Limerick37. We were facing a season with no Limerick senior soccer team and this man, who I have huge respect for, put huge effort into setting Limerick37 up. The club has a new sense of professianlism around it and the support has grown!! Its about time people started showing some respect for people who have made this club a success so far this season. First ye start a thread about Paul Mcgee being a disgrace when ye had no proof of him applying for the Athlone job and now saying oldkeeper should go based on some rumour you heard!! Get a grip, you call yourself a supporter. Why cant you be positive about your club and help attract new supporters etc.......and people involved in Junior soccer keep going on about Hartnett. The club did not make a fool out of themselves as Hartnett did sign for Limerick37 but then asked could he change his mind for several personal reasons!!
    Last edited by L37Ultra; 28/07/2007 at 9:08 PM.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Just wanna say, whoever started this thread is just bitter and must be blind. Can you not see the effort and time Ger Finnin has put into Limerick37. We were facing a season with no Limerick senior soccer team and this man, who I have huge respect for, put huge effort into setting Limerick37 up. The club has a new sense of professianlism around it and the support has grown!! Its about time people started showing some respect for people who have made this club a success so far this season. First ye start a thread about Paul Mcgee being a disgrace when ye had no proof of him applying for the Athlone job and know saying oldkeeper should go based on some rumour you heard!! Get a grip, you call yourself a supporter. Why cant you be positive about your club and help attract new supporters etc.......and people involved in Junior soccer keep going on about Hartnett. The club did not make a fool out of themselves as Hartnett did sign for Limerick37 but then asked could he change his mind for several personal reasons!!

Well said....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Why cant you be positive about your club and help attract new supporters etc.......and people involved in Junior soccer keep going on about Hartnett. The club did not make a fool out of themselves as Hartnett did sign for Limerick37 but then asked could he change his mind for several personal reasons!!

hartnett was on the radio this morning. he said the limk37 offer came too soon for him cos he wanted a few more international junior matches but he wouldnt rule himself out of having another crack at senior football again.
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Whoa....

why so diplomatic Joe? Get off the fence.Either you want these guys in or out. I bought shares in this ****ing thing. Every single person I talk to at matches and in the pub later thinks finnin is a spoofer that would put roddy collins to shame,. And don't get me started on our 'head of security' that behaves like a back street doorman. Why is he responsible for making decisions in the club? EAs a shareholder do I not have the right to an explanation as to what the hell is going on?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    why so diplomatic Joe? Get off the fence.Either you want these guys in or out. I bought shares in this ****ing thing. Every single person I talk to at matches and in the pub later thinks finnin is a spoofer that would put roddy collins to shame,. And don't get me started on our 'head of security' that behaves like a back street doorman. Why is he responsible for making decisions in the club? EAs a shareholder do I not have the right to an explanation as to what the hell is going on?
    Aah.....our head of security,does anyone remember him from last season,in the shed....we had FINE WINES,COLUMBIA,and GREEN STREET all in one,amazing where one turns up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I've posted this on another thread but here it goes:

Just thought that I would clarify one point mentioned on here about Kieran Judge earlier. I have been told that he is the Club Licensing officer and has been since the start of the season and the Club secretary is Michael O'Sullivan.

All the best

John
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    why so diplomatic Joe? Get off the fence.Either you want these guys in or out. I bought shares in this ****ing thing.
    You bought shares, hooray for you

Every single person I talk to at matches and in the pub later thinks finnin is a spoofer that would put roddy collins to shame,.
    So what??

And don't get me started on our 'head of security' that behaves like a back street doorman.
    Name one instance of trouble this year?? Have you any idea how much outside security would cost?? I say fairplay to him

Why is he responsible for making decisions in the club?
    I reckon he bought slightly more shares than you.

EAs a shareholder do I not have the right to an explanation as to what the hell is going on?
    And your way of getting an explanation is to spread scurrilous muck all over a website..........

Why don't you just approach the "back street doorman" or the "spoofer" in person??

Aah.....our head of security,does anyone remember him from last season,in the shed
    Sure do. In the Shed every single game, a real fan. Not the type to go in for spreading stuff on the internet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PinBallWizard, Are you really a Limerick fans or whats your deal? Get a grip. You heard some Rumour, and try and spread it all over this site, just like the untrue Paul Mcgee rumours. Are you bling or can you not see the progress this club has made in the last few months, both on and off the pitch.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast