Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those slippery slopes I warned of are here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Those slippery slopes I warned of are here

They are here earlier than I envisaged, but by God are they here. The club cancelled, well thats not right, they didn't bother to turn up at their own table quiz last night because they had to call an emergency meeting over finances. Nice of them to let the 30 odd of us who turned up in Foleys know, and also the staff of Foleys who were expecting a big night!!

Anyway, now is the time for the man who has been strangely hiding from his usual pontifications on here, Mr. Limerick37 to grow a pair and tell us what the hell is going on. Players are owed money, players have been told they can leave, players have been 'assured' by Finnin at training that everything is going to be alright...yada yada yada...

I said it before, and I take absolutely no pleasure in it..the sums don't add up. €5K plus every week going out....less than €5K plus every fortnight coming in...ain't fu ck ing rocket science now is it.

Time for some serious clarification Ger, which as a shareholder who still hasn't received his documentation, I am entitled to.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    They are here earlier than I envisaged, but by God are they here. The club cancelled, well thats not right, they didn't bother to turn up at their own table quiz last night because they had to call an emergency meeting over finances. Nice of them to let the 30 odd of us who turned up in Foleys know, and also the staff of Foleys who were expecting a big night!!

Anyway, now is the time for the man who has been strangely hiding from his usual pontifications on here, Mr. Limerick37 to grow a pair and tell us what the hell is going on. Players are owed money, players have been told they can leave, players have been 'assured' by Finnin at training that everything is going to be alright...yada yada yada...

I said it before, and I take absolutely no pleasure in it..the sums don't add up. €5K plus every week going out....less than €5K plus every fortnight coming in...ain't fu ck ing rocket science now is it.

Time for some serious clarification Ger, which as a shareholder who still hasn't received his documentation, I am entitled to.
    Would I be right in thinking that the quiz didn't take place PBW. Your obviously very peeved and rightly so.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    wasn't there myself last night but how did ye find out it wasn't going ahead or did it go ahead without them? Did they ring foleys or did someone show up in person to tell ye?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Even if this "financial crisis" meeting had to take place last night, It did not have to rake place at the time of the quiz. Surely before 8.30 or after the quiz or this morning would have been suitable.

Scant regard was shown to the most loyal supporters last night. The same ones who will attend Limerick games through thick and thin, through one regime or another

Credit must be given, however to Cathal who volunteered to come in and try to explain as best he could what happened last night

Also from a financial point of view we could have raised monies for the club last night.

If we are in a crisis situation as Pinball Wizard has said then questions need to be asked about the Commercial side of the club and it's lack of success in getting sponsorship. If we do not get Sponsorship to meet the shortfall in cash ie difference between Wage,Utilites etc bills and Gate reciepts we are obviously in the red.

The Fans need to be told what the actual story is now regarding the Financial situation and the future of the club for everyones' sake.

John
    Last edited by JohnD; 26/07/2007 at 10:01 AM.
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Its terrible to hear that lads, but whats the story with the radio sponsorship i tihnk its a great idea that they sponsor ye and ye play there station on the pitch. Win all round.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    From what I gather, two representatives of the club are in Dublin this morning to plead their case to the FAI. I'm pretty sure the FAI won't want an embarrassment like this on their plates, so hopefully will help out in whatever way they can.

However, this would be a short-term solution for a very serious problem. As John said, there are some people who have supported the club through trhick and thin, mostly thin, and we deserve better than this. Full disclosure is required. This is a mirror of the situation last year with Daft Dave...At least with Daft Dave you knew what to expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    From what I gather, two representatives of the club are in Dublin this morning to plead their case to the FAI. I'm pretty sure the FAI won't want an embarrassment like this on their plates, so hopefully will help out in whatever way they can.
    what is wrong though is it a major shortfall in cash or what, were strapped for cash all year long like, is this serious like.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It seems quite serious, but as usual, we're always the last to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    It seems quite serious, but as usual, we're always the last to know.
    ah **** it, thats awful now, sorry to hear that now lads. Magges fines prob the cause

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Angry

Right now, there are a couple of things wrong!

1. We don't know what's wrong, we just know that something's wrong!

2. Whatever's wrong, last night has just made it worse! Genuine supporters showed up to give financial support to the club, only to be told (belatedly) the club apparently had greater priorities that night than fundraising. Also, the club will have soured its potential relationship with the bar by letting them down. As someone has previously posted, surely the meeting could have been organised so as not to undermine the quiz. This whole debacle suggests that there are quite serious problems (i.e. more than mere financial problems). I'm afraid to speculate what...

I wasn't there for the quiz. This was partly due to a prior commitment, but the quiz was priced WAY out of my league anyway.
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

You are right about those facts and entitled to express them on here as no one else has the guts to tell the truth about the goings on behind the scenes at limerick.
    Certain players are being payed to keep them happy along with magee before he runs away to another interview.he definitely went for the Athlone job "FACT"

Other players haven't been payed in a month and in 1 instance a player hasn't been payed in 2 months

Another thing is that players aren't been told that they are going to be left out of the team but the supporters know before the players.

This club is being run by a few with inflated egos who seem to spend more time in front of the camera's than the supporters.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus Christ, not again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From reading your threads for the last number of weeks i had a suspicion something was wrong,,didnt realise it was this bad..hope ye get sorted lads L O I football needs clubs like ye...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down said ger finnin would mess up

lads from what i can gather from a player is the three lads who came from rovers are getting nearly double the other lads are getting and still being paid the lads there all year have not being paid six players were told they could leave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Who is Ger Finnan? Chairman?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey PBW, the details of the quiz that were still on the clubs website this morning have been removed and more interestingly there is a notice stating that any shareholders who have not received their packs should contact the club immediately. This would indicate to me that Oldkeeper has seen this thread but is declining to post any answers that you have asked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hey PBW, the details of the quiz that were still on the clubs website this morning have been removed
    That was done by me. Purely as the event is in the past and I try to keep the website as up to date as is possible regularly..no conspiracy here
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Personally I think the SC should be kept informed of what is going on at the club. If there are financial troubles we can organise fundraisers and the like to help out, keeping us in the dark won't help. especially when you 'forget' to invite our chosen representative to the emergency board meeting I mean what's the point of asking us to come along in the first place if you're not going to allow us into the important meetings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Help out? As far as I know the FAI owe Limerick a lot of money but there's no sign of it winging our way. Limerick have been spending money on the back of this expected FAI money, for example as far as I know new turnstyles were purchased recently. A club in financial crisis does not buy new turnstyles. So by all means I think our officials trip to Dublin is to get money that we are owed, not to beg for help...

As far as the commercial aspect of the club goes, it is not good enough at the moment. For one, our pitch should have continuous advertising boards all around the perimeter of the pitch. Even stand up boards behind the walls of the bottom goals. Drop the price a little, get more sponsorship. Next year you can ask for a little more. There's not enough sponsorship coming in to meet the wages and running costs of the club, and that's going to be a continuous problem regardless of that FAI cheque.

I wouldn't be too hard on Ger Finnin. One man can only do so much, the rest need to pull the finger out. Maybe Ger needs to delegate more as well. There are highly qualified people who should be involved with Limerick and working with Ger Finnin, who are not, I can think of two straight away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    The only problem with this lads is that the damage to the reputation of the club may have already been done. A lot of people in Limerick have the opinion that Limerick senior football, under, any guise is a joke, and wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. All of this is thanks to a certain man of the cloth, but that attitude is there, and if they hear 'Limerick 37 in financial trouble' they'll feel they have been justified in keeping a safe distance from the club

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast