Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Am I good at it?,I've got medals for it"

Capped Player
    Thanks
    Table tennis: School (runner up)
    owlsfan that was the only sport i was actually ( well whast the definition of good?* )good at. It really ****ed me off because the way the competitions went were singles, doubles and mixed doubles, we kept losing in the mixed doubles in the community games to st aloysiuis ( i know thats spelt wrong ) well everytime being from u12 to u14. IT really ****ed me off cos if we actually had a proper table to play/practice on rather than a bit of chipboard over a 8 x 4 snooker table on and didnt have to do mixed doubles ( just like tennis as well for community games ) i am pretty sure we would have won and could have gone quite far. A dual perhaps owlsfan

*i worked for my internship in college in boston for the summer, and we used to play during work hours ( was class actually ), i got a big head cos they were all sh1te in our department , i then took out other departments and played one indian and one chinese guy man were they cocky, but good to match unfortunately, they could do serious spin and never ventured closer than a metre to the table. but you learn to get better. really is class some of the things that some people can do with a bit of plastic full of air!!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks
    I've won a lot of Football trophies/medals/Individual medals eg player of the year.

I got to a Manchester regional final for boxing but had to pull out due to injury to the hand.

I've also won rugby medals in 3 different age groups when I was 15(under 16, under 18 and under 21s).

And various athletic events most notibly Shot put and high jump.

I also won a couple of runners up medals playing indoor bowls.

Sadly now I have stopped playing any sports although I have been thinking of taking up boxing again. Which is going to take me about 6 months to get anywhere near fit enough and quick enough to fight.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

4. Thanks From:

Thanks
    Various medals in Gaelic football(underage almost exclusively) and basketball and a little in athletics.
    If you count the Cork City Sports(The primary schools one) then i've few from there also[scraping the end of the barrel there].
    We won the AI intermediate football final with UCC a few weeks ago but wasn't around for the final due to me being in Boston for my internship
    Last edited by ollie; 20/04/2007 at 1:26 PM.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    owlsfan that was the only sport i was actually ( well whast the definition of good?* )good at. It really ****ed me off because the way the competitions went were singles, doubles and mixed doubles, we kept losing in the mixed doubles in the community games to st aloysiuis ( i know thats spelt wrong ) well everytime being from u12 to u14. IT really ****ed me off cos if we actually had a proper table to play/practice on rather than a bit of chipboard over a 8 x 4 snooker table on and didnt have to do mixed doubles ( just like tennis as well for community games ) i am pretty sure we would have won and could have gone quite far. A dual perhaps owlsfan

*i worked for my internship in college in boston for the summer, and we used to play during work hours ( was class actually ), i got a big head cos they were all sh1te in our department , i then took out other departments and played one indian and one chinese guy man were they cocky, but good to match unfortunately, they could do serious spin and never ventured closer than a metre to the table. but you learn to get better. really is class some of the things that some people can do with a bit of plastic full of air!!
    Just noticed this post (10 years later). Table tennis I have enjoyed for years but only play it when I visit a house that has a table. I play a very negative game which means I just chop back all the time and wait for the opponent's mistake. Never try the big shot which means if I meet someone who can effect such a shot successfully they'll beat me.

Sky have tried broadcasting the game (not mine I hasten to add) a few times. Not sure what the viewing figures were like but I'd watch for a short time and then surf over to whatever sport was on elsewhere. Not a great TV sport which makes me wonder do the leading professionals make any money?
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Youth Team
    Thanks
    And would tennis players be good at it or does that not matter? Serena looks pretty comfortable in that commercial where she plays Steph Curry.
    Too bad we can't have fun bantering conversations like we did ten years back. It's all very serious on here now I feel like. I try to bring levity but I'm largely ignored. I think that's why Stu left.

Coach
    Thanks
    Nice 10 year bump,Deja vu all over again....

Not Entirely Sure nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,435 Posts
    What a great thread. Really enjoyed reading through it all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123