Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An All Ireland League: is it possible?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's funny that - whenever Glenavon play there we ain't treated that well..we haven't had the 'pleasure' of sitting in their new 'stand' but it looks good from what I've seen.

Glenavon, Glentoran and Linfield are three of the more 'Protestant teams' all having grounds located in Loyalist areas (Linfield - Shankhill, Glentoran - Newtonards Road and surrounding area and Glenavon - Mourneview estate) There was no trouble at any of these games (though even Linfield fans would find it hard to start a riot with 1 Monaghan fan!).

Like I said, proper stewarding and security measures could almost eliminate trouble.
    http://www.lurganblues.co.uk

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb North & South

Its probably a bit like the whole north-south situation whereby people have illogical fears of each other dispite never being across the border.

I know you can't compare the football to rugby but tens of thousands of Ulster Rugby supporters came down to Dublin for the first time ever to see their European Rugby Cup final. Apparently they were surprised to see the priests weren't at every crossroad & I think we'd be similarily surprised if travelled up north

Maybe its like many other things that the football leaders will be the last to agree to any cross-border competition. Do they see it as the beginnings of an All-Ireland footballl association & the less junkies for the boys?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up All Ireland League

The big opposition will not be from the fans......it will come from that body of administrators that lose out in the 'free bar' area! Sadly the decision makers ( well most of them) belong in that category.

Perhaps if Guinness, Smirnoff, Murphy's, Hennessy (add any other drinkies) were to sponsor the 'bar' area then we would have a quick decision for a big 'thumbs up' eh?

BTW some have touched on what is a 'Protestant team' in earlier posts. This needs careful explanation otherwise the wrong impression is given. In the case of Glentoran, for example, this club has its background and roots in protestant East Belfast......but the important distinction is that they were never 'anti-catholic' and have a proud history of inclusiveness........and success!
    Himself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12