Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mancheaters united

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mancheaters united

Such a shame; i've never seen in twenty years a match of that kind.
    Disgusted for life; I've seen it with my own eyes yesterday, i'm a Lille fan ok, but this is just a joke a disgrace! Beware Lille in Old trafford in two weeks, that will be a match not to be missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    What about the way the Lille players reacted? Very sporting alright.

What about the way United fans were treated? Lille should be severely fined.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You were at the stadium last night to see how United Fans were threated? or just read the "sun" (what a great paper! all the truth is in it ) Lille players didn't walk of the pitch; they only went to tell the assistant about their complaint; thats the way we do it in our own league!
    Wether you're a Mancheater fan, and u don't give a f*ck; which i can understand, but please if sligo was in champions league (maybe one day, who knows) and that happened to them, i'm definitly sure you would feel how i feel.
    Last edited by Giuly; 21/02/2007 at 10:35 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuly View Post
    ...the "sun" (what a great paper! all the truth is in it ).
    It's a great British institution!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Giggs asked could he take the free kick quickly, the referee allowed him to, he scored. Lille juts have sour grapes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sour grapes of the highest order. I've never seen anything like it. If this is what Lille are used to doing then they are a disgrace.

Deliberately kicking the ball out of play to their bench from the kick -off. Their coach waving them off the pitch and inciting missiles to be thrown. God knows what might have happened if the poor linesman had dissallowed a goal wrongly for offside. Even non-United fans I spoke to agreed their goal was rightly disallowed. Shocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Giggs asked could he take the free kick quickly, the referee allowed him to, he scored. Lille juts have sour grapes.
    Then the referee could have been more specific, not just whispering in the ears of Giggs and Rooney.
    Anyone knows that even in rugby: The brits are known for fair play.....only when they're winning.
    Anyway, we'll create something on the return game.
    BTW, Great game in croke park from us, against Ireland, the best Rugby side in Europe for the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillimh Al View Post
    Sour grapes of the highest order. I've never seen anything like it. If this is what Lille are used to doing then they are a disgrace.

Deliberately kicking the ball out of play to their bench from the kick -off. Their coach waving them off the pitch and inciting missiles to be thrown. God knows what might have happened if the poor linesman had dissallowed a goal wrongly for offside.
    Inciting missiles to be thrown

The linesman did disallow a Lille goal wrongly, that poor flower Vidic went over like he'd been shot because he wasn't going to reach the header

Having said that Lilles walk-off was pure stereotypical French - Passionate but ultimately cowardly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    What about the way United fans were treated? Lille should be severely fined.
    Lille should be fined for how the French police deal with United fans??

Quite frankly English fans can expected to be treated like filth on their travels. Maybe unfair on the decent portion but totally understandable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deliberately kicking the ball out of play to their bench from the kick -off. Their coach waving them off the pitch and inciting missiles to be thrown. God knows what might have happened if the poor linesman had dissallowed a goal wrongly for offside. Even non-United fans I spoke to agreed their goal was rightly disallowed. Shocking.
    Whyam i losing my time posting here?... U're all obviously ManUtd fans . Funny, doing a little research back in history, to see your dependance to British clubs . would be like iraqies kissing the boots of GI's...
    You guys are hopeless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If a free kick is awarded anywhere else on the pitch and the team awarded want to take it quickly then the ref just lets them get on with it. No whistle, no asking the players on the other team if they are ready, nothing. Play on. So why should it be any different when it's within shooting range. The only purpose of the referee is to make sure a wall of defenders(if there is one) is 10 yeards away. If the attacking team isn't bothered about the wall, then play away......

Where is the joke and disgrace from the game last night?

And if all you are interested in is throwing insults then away with you. But an argument with some foundation would be nice.
    Last edited by Gaillimh Al; 21/02/2007 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Whyam i losing my time posting here?... U're all obviously ManUtd fans . Funny, doing a little research back in history, to see your dependance to British clubs . would be like iraqies kissing the boots of GI's...
    You guys are hopeless
    They all have there massive English clubs

They'll jump down your throat if you suggest it tho

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You were at the stadium last night to see how United Fans were threated? or just read the "sun" (what a great paper! all the truth is in it ) Lille players didn't walk of the pitch; they only went to tell the assistant about their complaint; thats the way we do it in our own league!
    Wether you're a Mancheater fan, and u don't give a f*ck; which i can understand, but please if sligo was in champions league (maybe one day, who knows) and that happened to them, i'm definitly sure you would feel how i feel.
    Coincidently, that quote is also the utter tripe that the Lille coach who was calling the players off came out with this morning. Talk about making a fool of yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah, dont worry about him, he'll side with anything that might get a rise out of a Galway Utd fan.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ludovic....cop on!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Then the referee could have been more specific, not just whispering in the ears of Giggs and Rooney.
    Anyone knows that even in rugby: The brits are known for fair play.....only when they're winning.
    Anyway, we'll create something on the return game.
    That's the way its done now with free kicks. The law is very clear, Lille should have had one man standing in front of the ball until the free taker tells the ref he wants the wall back 10m. Henry has scored at least one like that for Arsenal, surely the great man is not a cheat
    It was astonishing that an entire team and coach playing in the last 16 of the CL did not know this basic rule.
    The Brits and fair play myth. Feck that shíte, some of us know better.
    Wherever their fans go around Europe somehow police have uncontrollable urges to beat them up. The scum element just attract trouble. Probably the only time I enjoy watching police beating up anybody is then.
    Lille to win it at Old Trafford? go ahead, make my day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Having said that Lilles walk-off was pure stereotypical French - Passionate but ultimately cowardly
    Maybe they'd been watching the US/Mexico match?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    I would be no fan of Man U but why should they wait until the opposition wall is nicely in place and is encroaching before they take their free? As someone else said, a free kick any place else on the field does not need the referee's whistle. I have seen this numerous times before. The ref asks do you want the wall back and wait for the whistle and Giggs said he is ready to go. The Lille players were not alive to the danger. they were asleep. Their fault and no one else to blame.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Ah, dont worry about him, he'll side with anything that might get a rise out of a Galway Utd fan.
    Or indeed a ManU fan

Fairplay tho, you didn't bite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lille players didn't walk of the pitch; they only went to tell the assistant about their complaint; thats the way we do it in our own league!

Your coach was waving to the players to get them to leave the pitch. That's a disgrace and you should be heavily fined for it. It's quite simple really.

Also "we only went to tell our lineman our complaint"?? That's intimidation and also unsporting. You should get fined for that also.

The sour grapes are coming from yourself by the sounds of it and no, I'm not a Man Utd supporter.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast