Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ticket touts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Heard about a guy in Limerick who saw a X-Box 360 going on E Bay for about 300euro at the time of the X Box's release. Basically he logged on, thought he'd chance his arm by throwing in X-Box 360, saw one being advertised, photo of the box included, saw it was 300 with a minute to spare and bought it. It arrived a week later and being very excited he ripped open the box to find nothing inside. He complained on E Bay about it, but when the site checked out the claim they found that the ad never said that they were selling the computer, they had worded the ad so that legally they got away with sending what was in their pic, and he was so frantic in buying the thing that he never read the ad properly, so there was nothing E Bay or your man could do about it

Had to laugh when I heard about it though
    Yeah I heard a story like that before.

Someone thought they were buying an x-box. A week later a cardbord box arrived in the post with the letter 'X' on it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCakes View Post
    Why is selling a ps3 above face value ok, but a not a ticket? Can you give me a list of everything that is and isn't ok to make money on?
    The difference in my eyes is that tickets would be for a sold out event without any chance of buying an other ticket where as with the PS3 you could wait and buy it in the shop or get one shipped from japan( pre release ).

You dont have to pay it but if you want to you can it would be like buying a ticket for 200 when its available from ticketmaster for 100

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Are the likes of Seatwave (operated by Ticketmaster) any better than your 'despicable' ticket touts outside of Croke Park? How are these kind of companies even legal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    No idea how they get away with it and do it like it's some sort of favour. The fees are absolutely astronomical as weel. I mean they are fees that they charge to ensure that the tickets are legit. Legit tickets that they issued and can cancel and then reissue for something like 30% of the asking price. Never mind the as$hat fees they took at the beginning as TicketBa$tard.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    There was an economist on Newstalk this morning kind of sticking up for the touts and these kind of websites, saying they're pretty much a necessary part of the whole process. Not sure what his exact logic was as I only caught the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12