Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Doyle

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anybody but S Kelly!!!! He is the worst right back in the premiership has has been responsible for three penalties this year (poor birmingham). A countless others which were not given - only luck meant that he got the ball from Robinio in the box last wed night. I was behind the goal - nervous stuff watchin him I mean it - he makes o shea look somewhat decent... No D Duff - come on. An alternative to Carsley will have to be found - S Reid?? no proof.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmanCas View Post
    Anybody but S Kelly!!!! He is the worst right back in the premiership has has been responsible for three penalties this year (poor birmingham).
    You really are objective aren't you? Kelly is the worst right back in the premiership and anyone who says that McGeady isn't fantastic is a tw*t. If Joey O'Brien is injured then who would you play at right back for us?
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would beg Stevie Finnan to reconsider and tell him that he will play right back. Foley at wolves as reserve. I am sorry if I sound subjective. O Dea at left back?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post
    Shaker, its his club form as much as anything
    it has been....in a word...woeful
    I like Doyle, think he has potential and could prove a great player for us in the long run, but right now, he is very off form and does not look half the player.
    Next season will make or break him
    Shane Long is worrying too.
    Think its only fair that you take into account that ever since Kitson has come back he has had a lot of game time on the wing and not upfront

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post
    If we were starting our campaign tomorrow.....would you play him, or would you play something like Neil suggests with Keane ahead of Duff and McGeady
    I think thats wht u meant isnt it Neil? Apologies if I am mis representing you.

Think I would go with Keane in front of the 2 lads myself. Doyle was woeful against Brazil and if Lita had kept his mouth shut Doyle would be a Reading sub at this stage too
    Unfortunately we have no other front man that can win ball in the air, anyway, wasn't he playing a bit out of position in the last game, i.e. spent a lot of the time out wide. I think as a lone striker he would perform much better...........and we don't have much else......unless......Kilbane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    Anybody but S Kelly!!!! He is the worst right back in the premiership has has been responsible for three penalties this year (poor birmingham).
    Have you seen any of the comments from Birmingham fans about Kelly? They seem to think he's been one of their best players this season.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Douglas protecting the back 4?
    No, don't be ridiculous.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Have you seen any of the comments from Birmingham fans about Kelly? They seem to think he's been one of their best players this season.
    come on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    from http://football.guardian.co.uk/comme...236236,00.html
    The Observer fans' panel on the season so far
    Birmingham
    Star man Stephen Kelly - has a fine repertoire of last-ditch tackles. Honourable mentions go to Mehdi Nafti and Sebastian Larsson for their commitment and Cameron Jerome for his efforts up front.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about Spurs fans - I dont think they'd have the same opinion? Duff was afraid to give him the ball last Wed night. When he did get it all he wanted to do was get rid of it - anywhere. I think he is not the answer - not even as a stop gap. Nice bloke though. Met him at Dublin Airport on way to Bratislava. He was very courteous.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about Spurs fans - I dont think they'd have the same opinion?
    He wasn't really given enough time at Tottenham. I didn't see too much of him there but from what I hear I thought he was a good prospect there but he wanted to move to get more first team action.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He is a walking liability IMO!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I would beg Stevie Finnan to reconsider and tell him that he will play right back. Foley at wolves as reserve. I am sorry if I sound subjective. O Dea at left back?
    I wouldn't beg someone to come back after they have decided to retire

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Agreed.
    You would!!!!

I see what you're saying and do agree. We do need someone to take the ball from the back four. I think Keano has signed him with that kind of role in mind too. But I worry about him playing too deep as he has a tendancy to give away free's in dangerous areas, esp as the game goes on. I've seen it a few times for Ireland and Charlton, but never seen the teams punished for it, which I think is why it's not highlighted. Watch out for it and you'll see what I mean. He was playing more advanced in a midfeild 5 for charlton last year in the premiership and played very well.

I'm sure a happy medium can be arranged!!!
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla View Post
    doyle and keane upfront as long as we are playing 4-4-2
    Keane and Doyle up front together is horrible and has been for quite some time now.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    I posted this y'day on another thread. I liked eirebhoy's XI posted in response.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that 4-3-3 is what'll work best for us right now.

Kelly / J. O'Brien - Dunne - O'Shea - Kilbane

Reid - Reid - Hunt

McGeady - Keane - Duff

I deliberately avoided specifying which Reid as in principle each could do well in the middle or the right of that 3.

Assuming at least one Reid is injured (fairly certain) then options include Liam Lawrence and J. O'Brien for the RHM spot, Carsley or Delap for the CM spot). If either McGeady or Duff is injured or off form, Hunt could play left sided forward, allowing maybe Garvan or Stephen Quinn to play left sided midfield.

The front 3 is a bit like United's front 3 - good, clever attacking players who can improvise.

Jon Walters is even an option for the right sided forward as cover.

Advantages: numbers and bite in midfield, good ball users too. Mobility and direct running upfront. This shape and personnel will allow ius to take more control of a game and it allows us to have more of our good players on the pitch. It also doesn't place much pressure on inexperienced kids coming through, and if they're needed it'd be in a stronger shape where they'd fit in easier. Their time may come during the campaign anyway. The 4th game is over a year away.

Doyle, Morrison, Murphy, Carsley, St. Ledger on the bench, plus one or two others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    Keane and Doyle up front together is horrible and has been for quite some time now.
    What's the alternative?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    I've seen moments where it looks like it can work. Remember, the only time they played together was under Staunton - if Trapattoni gets the job I think he'll be able to evaluate whether it can work or not and if he feels it can he'll work out a way of using them as the front two. Also, as has been mentioned on contless occasions before they didn't have enough supply from the midfield and were often completely isolated up front, which is why Keane was dropping back so much. If we can keep a fit squad in the next campaign then I think they can form a good partnership.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts
    At last some goals for Doyle (a hat trick no less). Has come just at the right time please God.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Just delighted....so so happy....if he stays with Reading he could grab 30 goals this season.......

He's the best striker with James Beattie in the division...

He's class.....

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast