Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Doyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    The better for doyle or reading? do you think kevin has shown all he can do and that villa would be the next step up the ladder? both managers are excellent harnessers of talent so no complaints either way club wise, but you seem to be suggesting that doyle is having a michael rickettsesque season and should be cashed in on?? a worrying opinion if so
    Kingdom - Pete's opinion is CCFC related. They have a 10% sell on clause so Pete would rather if cork got the 500,000 grand now rather than having to wait until a few more years and get maybe 800,000 or who knows if he lets his contract run out Cork may get nothing or only a fraction of 500,000. A serious injury or loss of form would have the same result.
    Last edited by Irish_Praha; 12/01/2007 at 7:43 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    ah, i see. apologies for the ignorance of interests, i was thinking his post was a little odd alright, i'll try to look deeper in future. disaster then if he does a matt le tisssier!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Doyle would not have signed his previous contract extension without the clause. If the clause was 300k or something I don't think would have been so bad. The club has learned from this & played hardball on other top players contracts since. We did at least manage to get 10% sell on clauses into Doyles & Longs contracts.

I was wondering if there was a sell on clause for Doyle. I'm glad they at least got 10% put in to the sale of Doyle. If he does go for 5/6 million that's 500/600 thousand sterling for Cork. Now that has to look like a serious good bit of business in the long run.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    He was still undersold though and that was shoddy.
    As i said already all part of the master investment plan to get value down the line.

Reading won't sell him until they get relegated so looks like will have to wait another 18 months for that cash.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Did anyone see how serious it was.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    replaced by Shane Long. (He sounds Irish).
    That's because he is. He's from Tipperary.

Hamstring injury for Doyle apparently

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Shanes a Long way from Tipperary

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hamstring allright.Looks like it could be three to four weeks. Shame.Stokes may get his game after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Doyle off injured today for Reading at Goodison on 38 mins, replaced by Shane Long. (He sounds Irish).
    Yeah Readings amazing scouts spotted him* at one of City's u21 games and were willing to pay 40k for him............

*unfortunately their scout was also our manager

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ng/6261115.stm

Reading star Doyle faces lay-off

Doyle's goals have helped Reading move into the top half of the table
    Reading striker Kevin Doyle will have a scan on a hamstring injury to determine how long he will be out, but boss Steve Coppell is looking on the bright side.

"We have no real history of him being injured so we don't know how his body recovers. We don't think it will be too long, but at this stage we don't know.

"It's in the meat of the muscle so I think it'll be a good couple of weeks," he said after the 1-1 draw at Everton.

Doyle, 23, who has scored 10 goals this season, was injured after 38 minutes.

The Irishman is equal third in the Premiership scoring charts, with Arsenal's Robin van Persie and Yakubu of Middlesbrough, and the trio are behind Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Chelsea striker Drogba has hit the back of the net 14 times in the league this term, while Ronaldo is on 13 goals.

Goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann added: "Kevin is a big part of our team so hopefully we can get him back soon."
    ------------------------------------------------------

Seems like all our top players are going down like flies at the moment. Luckily it's only San Marino who are next up.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I think system that facilitated players staying in Ireland until they were 21 would be great. I think then if they had the talent and foreign clubs were prepared to pay the money they good go and at least they would have a Leaving Cert behind them and experience of playing for successful clubs who are playing in Europe season after seaon. They would also be more mature when they go abroad. I think if a system like this could be developed it woudl be good for all concerned.
    I agree that a system such as this would be favourable. A huge problem however is our membership of the EU and the free movement of labour between states once citizens satisfy the minimum working age.

Sweden had set up a similar system where players under the age of 18 are not allowed to leave the country to work. That went out the window when they joined the EU in 1995. I think Norway (not EU members) may still operate a similar system though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post

Reading star Doyle faces lay-off

Doyle's goals have helped Reading move into the top half of the table
    Reading striker Kevin Doyle will have a scan on a hamstring injury to determine how long he will be out, but boss Steve Coppell is looking on the bright side.

"We have no real history of him being injured so we don't know how his body recovers. We don't think it will be too long, but at this stage we don't know.

"It's in the meat of the muscle so I think it'll be a good couple of weeks," he said after the 1-1 draw at Everton.

Doyle, 23, who has scored 10 goals this season, was injured after 38 minutes.

The Irishman is equal third in the Premiership scoring charts, with Arsenal's Robin van Persie and Yakubu of Middlesbrough, and the trio are behind Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Chelsea striker Drogba has hit the back of the net 14 times in the league this term, while Ronaldo is on 13 goals.

Goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann added: "Kevin is a big part of our team so hopefully we can get him back soon."
    ------------------------------------------------------

Seems like all our top players are going down like flies at the moment. Luckily it's only San Marino who are next up.
    i know it's old hat but isn't it great to have an irish lad doing so well in the premier$hip in his first year. 10 goals at this stage is unreal. i remember all the talk about elliot when sunderland went up and he had a nightmare season being injured for most of it and sunderland being useless. hopefully doyle recovers quickly espically for ireland's sake!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Still think Elliott looked really good when he wasn't injured last year, as in the only Sunderland player capable of doing anything. In Elliott's case 'Nightmare' should only be injury related, at least its not a Jon Stead or Kevin Kyle type nightmare, as in they clearly don't have it. The only good thing thats going to come out of this injury is hopefully Shane Long will get a bit more than just the cameo sub appearances(or being thrown into the Lion's den with a start against Arsenal) If he gets a run of starts and scores a few we're laughing, his talent looks undoubted. His competition is Lita(who I don't rate at all) and Kitson so here's hoping...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    i did mean nightmare as in injury/lack of appearences nightmare. and then when he was fit they were so fooked that team morale ...etc was non existant.

hopefully shane long will get a run - altho i think lita and kitson were coppell's first choice at start of last season before doyle made his impact.

you can add jon macken to that list of yours republic!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    not too sure about long just yet. he looks light in stature and doesnt seem to have searing pace or distinguishing technical ability to compensate against the aggresive premiership defences. there is definitely talent but from seeing him a few times he could do with bulking up. interestingly he probably will start a few games now though cos i dont think kitson is quite fit yet...every cloud has a silver lining, but then again..unfortunately for cork city very unlikely doyler will be sold now, sorry pete!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    not too sure about long just yet. he looks light in stature and doesnt seem to have searing pace or distinguishing technical ability to compensate against the aggresive premiership defences. there is definitely talent but from seeing him a few times he could do with bulking up. interestingly he probably will start a few games now though cos i dont think kitson is quite fit yet...every cloud has a silver lining, but then again..unfortunately for cork city very unlikely doyler will be sold now, sorry pete!
    You obviously haven't seen too much of him. He's lightning quick for a start and seems to me to be fairly strong. His pace is his greatest asset. Have a look at the reading fans forum (hob nob). They'll agree 100%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Considering he's just turned 19, he looks pretty beasty enough already... His finishing is quality, he scored two hat tricks in a row in the reserves against Chelsea and Arsenal I think, if your only just 19 and absolutely taking the mickey in reserves, I think thats a very good sign. Both his goals in the first team this year were extremely well taken as well. He just needs some solid game time first to properly get used to life in the Premiership. Coppell said that when he arrived over first, that he was one of the most naturally talented sportsmen he'd ever seen, the hurling will pay testament to that. Cheers Galway, Jon Macken was probably the best example I could have found!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Doyle will be out for a maximum of 4 weeks, apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,316 Posts

Doyle to Chelsea/Villa/Other?

According to the (English) Independent it could happen: http://sport.independent.co.uk/footb...cle3298434.ece
    8 million sounds about right for Doyle, and it would be hard for Reading to turn down that kind of money, but would he stay in the team when Drogba returns from the African Cup of Nations? Would he just become the next Scott Parker or Scott Sinclair?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    morechance of him joining boro, sunderland or maybe everton, wouldnt see him have a lot of chances in the chelsea team end up astiff like sidwell which would be a disaster for ireland
    We control by attitudes positive mental attitudes not by rules.

Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast