Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1306

Thread: Kevin Doyle

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Doyle started against Gillingham and played for 64 minutes, so his fitness must be improving. Stearman and Doherty also started while Foley and McAlinden were on the bench.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It wasn't anything to do with fitness. He was playing with reserves because the club want to get rid of him. Obviously the manager has now overruled them to say that actually he needs his best players to win games.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    They're probably hoping for the 'shop window' effect.

But unless he takes a massive pay cut...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Does anyone actually know the story here? We've had the theory that his wages are too high so the club can't play him under financial rules related to turnover, the theory that he was training with the reserves because he was unwanted and the club wanted to sell him (don't get that one "here, buy our player who we don't even let train with the 1st team"), and now he's being played to put him in the shop window so other clubs can see his ability and possibly buy him.....!

You'd think they'd just keep him, take the financial hit and use him to get promoted. He has more ability in his little left toe than 90% of the hacks in that league, believe me. If his head is wrong, send him away to Wexford for a couple of weeks. Do something. With a fully functional Kevin Doyle, Wolves should **** that league. And if they don't the manager should never work again.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Does anyone actually know the story here? We've had the theory that his wages are too high so the club can't play him under financial rules related to turnover, the theory that he was training with the reserves because he was unwanted and the club wanted to sell him (don't get that one "here, buy our player who we don't even let train with the 1st team"), and now he's being played to put him in the shop window so other clubs can see his ability and possibly buy him.....!
    It's a combination of 1 and 2 you'd think. Kenny Jackett didn't speak specifically about Doyle, but he said Ward, O'Hara and Johnson are not in his or the club's plans so they won't be training with the first team, then Doyle joined them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It wasn't anything to do with fitness. He was playing with reserves because the club want to get rid of him. Obviously the manager has now overruled them to say that actually he needs his best players to win games.
    It is very much to with fitness as Jackett has said. Of course he is trying to sell him, but if it was just about the shop window why aren't Henry and O' Hara playing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    It is very much to with fitness as Jackett has said. Of course he is trying to sell him, but if it was just about the shop window why aren't Henry and O' Hara playing?
    Maybe you'll be proved right but I don't think so: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23573774

I'd imagine Doyle is different than the others in that he would command a transfer fee, whereas the others are likely to go for free to whoever will pay their inflated wages.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Didn't Henry join QPR?

Acc. to comments on my Facebook feed, O'Hara seems to despised by most Wolves fans...
    Doyle and Ward less so, besides being perceived as cr*p last season. Along with the rest of their squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Bruce is saying no. Says they're overstocked with strikers.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Doyle to Swansea? Would love to see it happen, but I am sceptical about it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mich...-29503787.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I really doubt any Premiership club would go for him. I like him and he has played well for Ireland, but there's no getting away from his goalscoring record. 5 league goals in 2011, 4 in 2013 and just 9 in the Championship. I think Celtic is the best things will get. Maybe a year in League 1 wouldn't be the end of the world for him? Could get him back in the goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't understand where all these Doyle rumours come from. Surely he's not still got Pat Dolan representing him?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I don't see it happening but I wouldn't be too surprised if one of the lower tier PL clubs picked him up either. His form and fitness hasn't been great since that injury a couple of years ago but it wasn't too long ago that a performance for Wolves was described as the finest exponent of the lone frontman in the Top Flight. Kevin Davies suffered a similar slump in his career including a failed loan to Millwall before thriving at Bolton in a particular role. Low scoring as it was. I wonder if there's more to his fitness than we know though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    I wonder if there's more to his fitness than we know though.
    Don't know but I felt there was a period where he was being flogged to death at club and international level.... he was taking a hell of alot of abuse from defenders over a sustained period.... no surprise that his body would betray him eventually....

I see today Stephen Ward went on loan to Brighton - not a mention of it here.... there seems to be a collective "meh!" when it comes to him.... Probably played a bit too much too for Wolves and Ireland and was a case of diminishing returns from him?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I feel for Ward. He cut his teeth as a left full with massive exposure at club and international level. His learning curve was under Severe scrutiny and an impression is formed and set. His age belies his experience I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ward was actually a striker or winger until he was 23/24. No surprises he wouldn't have all the defender's instincts when called up to international level, although I still think he performed well most of the time.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    Don't know but I felt there was a period where he was being flogged to death at club and international level.... he was taking a hell of alot of abuse from defenders over a sustained period.... no surprise that his body would betray him eventually....

I see today Stephen Ward went on loan to Brighton - not a mention of it here.... there seems to be a collective "meh!" when it comes to him.... Probably played a bit too much too for Wolves and Ireland and was a case of diminishing returns from him?
    Brighton is about his level, he scored on goal for Wolves against Liverpool around Christmastime a few years ago but other than that, he was crap for Wolves and even worse for Ireland. Terrible player. He had no business being anywhere near the Ireland team for the last two years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Played OK v.Colchester yesterday (at the game!) but nowhere good enough for the Germans and probably Kazakhs too...

Respect for this though.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Last edited by ArdeeBhoy; 06/10/2013 at 10:17 AM.

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast