Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Squad Withdrawals

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Squad Withdrawals

Just got a text McGeady's been taken to hospital... Anyone with any updates from the media let me know please!
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 10/10/2006 at 1:12 PM.
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Aidan McGeady has become the latest Irish player to be ruled out of tomorrow's Euro 2008 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

The player picked up an ankle injury in the final training session ahead of the match today.

Elsewhere, Kevin Doyle and Stephen Ireland have also returned to their clubs after losing their battles to regain fitness for the game.

The injuries mean Paul McShane and Stephen Kelly are expected to shore up the Irish defence, while Wayne Henderson is also set to play in goal as Paddy Kenny is nursing a hamstring strain.

Elsewhere, Lee Carlsley could be part of the midfield after being called up to the squad today for the first time in three years.

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/in...ca=94&si=99655

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads can I just say Aidan will be devastated by this. I know he was keen to repay the Green Army for the reaction he got coming off the park in Cyprus when he felt he, nor his teammates, deserved such a support
    "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something

-- Bobby Sands

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    McGeady 10, how come you're misspelling his christian name? I thought you & he were practically twins?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    McGeady 10, how come you're misspelling his christian name? I thought you & he were practically twins?
    Aiden then... And we're not practically twins otherwise I'd be utilising my talents on Landsdown rather than posting on this board

-- Bobby Sands

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    DISASTER --- he is not only a bad manager but he is jinxed! When is the last time we lost three in a row and then had 14 players unavailable for the fourth defeat. luck of the irish me hoL3!

Resign you Dundalk nightmare!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Reminds me of Devils Island where those prisoners cut their legs open to get off the work gang into the hospital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    oh ffs I just give up. This is getting stupid now. Duff and McGeady were the only 2 players I'd have definitely starting tomorrow so to lose 1 is a big blow.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    How many players have become injured since they got together last week? It may be bad luck but .... Ireland's and Kenny's were avoidable and I'm beginning to question what's going on in training. Were more of these injuries avoidable?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    How many players have become injured since they got together last week? It may be bad luck but .... Ireland's and Kenny's were avoidable and I'm beginning to question what's going on in training. Were more of these injuries avoidable?
    McGeady's was a complete accident. I've been watching McGeady play since he was at Primary school and last year was the first ever time he'd been injured. Gutted he's hurt himself again so soon afterwards

-- Bobby Sands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's looking more and more like an Ireland A fixture!
    Greece 1 - 0 Germany
    Socrates (89)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McGeady10 View Post
    McGeady's was a complete accident. I've been watching McGeady play since he was at Primary school and last year was the first ever time he'd been injured. Gutted he's hurt himself again so soon afterwards
    Aiden missed the second half of Celtic season last year to a major cruciate ligament injury to his knee.

Hopefully not as serious

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    14 players out.

McGeady, Kenny, O’Brien, Ireland, Doyle and Dunne, Shay Given, Joey O’Brien, Stephen Carr, Ian Harte, Steven Reid, Graham Kavanagh, Stephen Elliott and Liam Miller
    Resign, now!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    staunton will have a field day after we're hammered tomorrow night - can just see the usual list of excuses - injuries, pitch, crowd against us (sorry 4got we are at home), change in the wadder, jet lag, readjusting to irish food, hotel not up to scratch, training facilities not up to standard, balls didnt arrive with luggage - will he at last admit it - i'm not up to it cheerio so.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    In fairness to Stan, the injury list is just crazy. Its just our luck that we're playing the Czechs rather than San Marino. It'll be a miracle if we dont loose tomorrow.