Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 175 of 406 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 8119

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Great to see money going towards the upkeep of TX; as usual the club's tenancy was important in securing the funds.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2014/1...turners-cross/

Club welcomes grant for Turner's Cross

Cork City Football Club were delighted to hear this morning’s announcement of the allocation of a grant to our good friends and colleagues in the Munster Football Association. The club is delighted to see further investment in Turner’s Cross, which will host European football in 2015 for the first time in a number of years.

Commenting on the news, Cork City Chief Executive Tim Murphy said: “For many years now, we have enjoyed a fruitful partnership with the Munster FA, as tenants in Turner’s Cross. We are looking forward to the ground being further enhanced in the coming months, and having seen their efforts at first hand, I would like to thank and commend Mr. John Delaney of the FAI and Minister Simon Coveney T.D. for their work in securing the funding to help upgrade the standards at the ground.”
    Last edited by adamd164; 22/11/2014 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Great to see money going towards the upkeep of TX; as usual the club's tenancy was important in securing the funds.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2014/1...turners-cross/
    Hope there is a few bob set aside to update the PA system, it's very hit and miss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    Did they apply? I have heard unsubstantiated rumours that they didn't. The Government doesn't call you up and ask you if you'd like a grant!
    Where did you hear these "unsubstantiated rumours"? I'd be interested to know. You must have enough confidence in their accuracy to post them.

My information from people involved in both clubs is that both Dundalk FC and Drogheda United have applied for each allocation of grant aid in the last number of years. However, neither club expects to be automatically successful as many clubs apply and there is a lot more work to be done to the football facilities in the country than there is money available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I find it incredible that a grant is awarded to best ground in the league. I mean what exactly is the priority at TC to use this money for? Filling in each corner?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I find it incredible that a grant is awarded to best ground in the league. I mean what exactly is the priority at TC to use this money for? Filling in each corner?
    the government will always back "winners" low risk projects that will get done on time and on budget. TX is well managed by the MFA so a guaranteed success story for Michael Ring. The clubs most in need of help are in chaos at the moment, Bray and Drogs most need help with their grounds, structure etc. so government won't touch them because there's a chance the cash/project will go to crap.
    i understand that cork are looking at improving supporters facilities, toilets etc. etc.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The toilet facilities in the away end are shocking so I'd imagine that is one area that will be improved in turners cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Just because Oriel Park has a crap away end, doesn't mean everywhere else should too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Turner's Cross is in the second city of the country. Despite what people may think about the Cross in LOI terms, it is limited in many ways, not least being capacity. Facilities at the away are being covered by this grant, I do believe, and possibly one or two other necessary things to be done.
    We don't have a Thomond Park in Cork, we don't even have an RDS, which is something of a blot on the whole Celtic Tiger period regarding sports investment in the city.
    Also, the Cross will get €200k while Pairc Uí Chaoimh will get €30 million public money as part of a €70 million redevelopment.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    Pairc Uí Chaoimh will get €30 million public money as part of a €70 million redevelopment.
    Which totally flys in the face of Government policy to prioritising funding to multi sport multi use projects!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde View Post
    Turner's Cross is in the second city of the country. Despite what people may think about the Cross in LOI terms, it is limited in many ways, not least being capacity. Facilities at the away are being covered by this grant, I do believe, and possibly one or two other necessary things to be done.
    We don't have a Thomond Park in Cork, we don't even have an RDS, which is something of a blot on the whole Celtic Tiger period regarding sports investment in the city.
    Also, the Cross will get €200k while Pairc Uí Chaoimh will get €30 million public money as part of a €70 million redevelopment.
    To be fair, fair play to CCFC\MFA on getting their grant. I am certain that the reasons are just as needy as that of other clubs.

Just before people do cry poverty and that they don't get enough. The east coast outside Dublin is really lacking decent stadia in all codes of sport. Actually could really spread that to all of Leinster. Munster has very good stadia in all its counties from funding and hand outs.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Just because Oriel Park has a crap away end, doesn't mean everywhere else should too.
    I never suggested our away section was not dreadful or commented on the standard of others Nigel, and I've been long advocating improvements in oriel park, however none of this was mentioned in my initial response. My point was my surprise at giving a grant to the ground which least required it.
    Last edited by oriel; 23/11/2014 at 9:51 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd imagine each grant application involved the applicant detailing what they'd use the money for and what benefit it would provide. It could well be that MFA made a very good case for what they can do with 200k but those involved with other grounds that have more problems couldn't show they'd spend the money as well. I don't know whether that's true, just saying how it's not simply a case of giving the money to the worst grounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Already a better playing surface than Oriel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Already a better playing surface than Oriel.
    Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'd imagine each grant application involved the applicant detailing what they'd use the money for and what benefit it would provide. It could well be that MFA made a very good case for what they can do with 200k but those involved with other grounds that have more problems couldn't show they'd spend the money as well. I don't know whether that's true, just saying how it's not simply a case of giving the money to the worst grounds.
    That could be the case.

However, there appears to little desire to improve facilities in areas of Leinster outside Dublin. It would appear that the focus is towards investing in major urban centres. An understandable strategy, but unfortunate for Louth and we probably have the largest participation rate in football in the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    That could be the case.

However, there appears to little desire to improve facilities in areas of Leinster outside Dublin. It would appear that the focus is towards investing in major urban centres. An understandable strategy, but unfortunate for Louth and we probably have the largest participation rate in football in the country.
    It isn't like the FAI are throwing money at Dublin either
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    It isn't like the FAI are throwing money at Dublin either
    They'll be throwing money at the Aviva for years to come.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the two biggest beneficiaries here were Galway and Cork who groundshare with the local FAs.
    This will benefit clubs other than just the resident League of Ireland club.
    I think in Sligo the Showgrounds is regarded as the centre of excellence for football in that region. Also you can see with the u21 internationals being played there it's very much "in favour".
    Why in Limerick, for example, has there been no plan to permanently move to Jackman Park? When Limerick did play there it always seemed to be a temporary solution. Surely if a plan to develop Jackman Park along with the Limerick FA was put in to place it would be looked on favourably by the FAI.
    John Delaney mentioned something similar with his proposed redevelopment of Dalymount that they'd work with the local council etc. I think League of Ireland clubs will struggle to get any funding for their own private stadium which will solely benefit them.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the two biggest beneficiaries here were Galway and Cork who groundshare with the local FAs.
    This will benefit clubs other than just the resident League of Ireland club.
    I think in Sligo the Showgrounds is regarded as the centre of excellence for football in that region. Also you can see with the u21 internationals being played there it's very much "in favour".
    Why in Limerick, for example, has there been no plan to permanently move to Jackman Park? When Limerick did play there it always seemed to be a temporary solution. Surely if a plan to develop Jackman Park along with the Limerick FA was put in to place it would be looked on favourably by the FAI.
    John Delaney mentioned something similar with his proposed redevelopment of Dalymount that they'd work with the local council etc. I think League of Ireland clubs will struggle to get any funding for their own private stadium which will solely benefit them.
    You realise Finn Harps new stadium will be owned by Finn Harps?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Casement Park refused planning by the Court in Belfast. I feel myself it was a bit too big but with so much public money going into it, the view was "build it and they will come" I suppose. I know it is not a soccer ground; but anyone who saw the rte news item last night would notice how quickly grounds can fall into a poor state if maintenance is not done.