Page 171 of 407 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 8129

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    How many times has this happened in the last 30years tell me....
    What happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    What happened?
    That we have gotten crowds in excess of 3,000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    That we have gotten crowds in excess of 3,000
    I dunno, a dozen??

I can remember seven or eight but Gary Spain would be your man to ask.

What's your point though? Is it that because the team was poor for years we should have a poor new ground? Cos that's a pretty poor point if it is.

You still haven't told us what the LEDP did for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If the team were challenging for anything be it Europe or a good cup run anyone that thinks we wouldn't get more than 1700 home fans is kidding themselves imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Thats not the plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The LEDP have made the long held pipe dream of many a Limerick supporter of moving back to the clubs spiritual home a reality. Without them there is no way on earth that the club could have achieved this.they are going to bring the ground up to premier division licence standard again without them there is no way on earth the club would have the resources to do this. Limerick are goin to be the anchor tenants and for the first time ever are guaranteed a permanent home again all down to the LEDP.Anyone who cannot see this is deluded.without the LEDPs intervention at such a timely juncture of the pat o Sullivan venture this club was screwed and had run out of ideas and options big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    You know the LEDP didn't actually buy the ground for us ya?

And you know we're just tenants ya?

Deluded indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What happened?
    You know the LEDP didn't actually but the ground for us ya?

Deluded indeed.
    So what exactly do you want them to do? Sign the ground over to Limerick and pay for the diesel for the floodlights and cut the grass for us! You can't please some people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    So what exactly do you want them to do? Sign the ground over to Limerick and pay for the diesel for the floodlights and cut the grass for us! You can't please some people
    Why do you keep changing the argument when somebody says something you don't agree with?

What in the name of Jaysus are you talkin about like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What happened?
    You know the LEDP didn't actually buy the ground for us ya?

Deluded indeed.
    Why do you keep changing the argument when somebody says something you don't agree with?

What in the name of Jaysus are you talkin about like
    Who's changing the argument here? You are the one dodging the questions here my friend. You asked me did I know that the LEDP didn't buy the ground for us and I asked did u want them to sign it over to us....where's the change of argument there? You can't put a coherent sentence together to dispute the fact that without the LEDPs intervention with the markets field that the club was screwed and had ran out of options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

LFC Blue: The LEDP did x,y and z

Lim till i die: No they didn't

LFC Blue: Do you want them to sign over the ground or somethin?!

1. The LEDP did not buy the ground for Limerick FC. The LEDP is a registered charity. It buys approxiamately nothing.

2. JP McManus bought the Markets Field. He then handed it over to his pet quango (the LEDP) to develop.

3. The LEDP put together a four or five man committee to oversee the development. Gerry Boland, two or three other lads whos names escape me, and Keith Wood as head of the project. (he played rugby for Ireland don't you know.)

4. It fairly quickly became apparent that Keith Wood didn't know his arse from his elbow.

5. Communications between the LEDP and the club, which were originally (naturally) cordial, became more and more strained as time went on, the LEDP citing a lack of funds while the club refused to commit any to the Markets Field, while (the perception out there at least) pumping money into Bruff.

6. There was a period of at least 6 months where there was absolutely no consultation between Limerick FC and the LEDP.

7. The build (what little there has been so far) has been beset by minor niggles from the start, mainly around the pitch. For example when the perimiter wall of the pitch was first built it had no gaps in it, causing the pitch to flood, swimming pool style.

8. Among the LEDPs original plans for the ground were a permanent concrete 300 seat small stand next to the main stand and a permanent concrete 300 seat away stand which would run from six yard line to six yard line behind the goals. These, frankly nonsense, suggestions were thankfully abandoned after some lobbying.

9. The LEDP has ignored numerous pleas to put a covered structure on the popular side, a move which would have added greatly to the athmosphere of the ground. They have cited cost. Personally I wonder how much more expensive a concrete terrace would be than a massive tarmacking job.

10. The LEDP appear to have ignored advice around turnstiles and entrances. One entrance for home fans is a recipe for big ques. There's no sign of turnstiles on the plans. (maybe they don't have to be included in plans in fairness)

11. Limerick FC will be a tenant of the LEDP.

12. Limerick FC will have access to the ground for a maximum of 22 days a year. They will pay rent for this access.

So I fail to see how it's any more of a home than Hogan Park, or Pike, or Jackman, or Thomond.

The ground itself is a bit of an unimpressive botch job delivered by people with no experience of delivering a project like this.

It'll look grand with all the tarmacking and the main stand done. But it's a missed opportunity which shows very little vision.

The only saving grace is that it's a blank canvass with all the tarmacking and I fully expect to see a Wexford Youths stand on the Popular side come March, or April, or May, or whenever the place is ready for us.

People are more than entitled to point out flaws in the plan. When they are paying a whack of rent, beggars can indeed be choosers.

I actually think (hope?!) myself that the club has played a clever one with this situation. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 10/11/2014 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    stadio du tarmac akin to Mons ground around the stand etc, we shall have....The forth worst ground in Munster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    stadio du tarmac akin to Mons ground around the stand etc, we shall have....The forth worst ground in Munster
    At least you'll have a ground and it's a start. There is always the chance of further grants I'm sure to help fund future developments of Markets Fields. As others have said. If you really need a bigger capacity for certain games, you can play them in Thomond or install temporary stands. It's a step forward for your club, not a step back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    How can we view the latest plans for our new "stadium"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    At least you'll have a ground and it's a start. There is always the chance of further grants I'm sure to help fund future developments of Markets Fields. As others have said. If you really need a bigger capacity for certain games, you can play them in Thomond or install temporary stands. It's a step forward for your club, not a step back.
    In what way is having to leave what is supposed to be your home ground if you are expecting a decent crowd a step forward?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    In what way is having to leave what is supposed to be your home ground if you are expecting a decent crowd a step forward?
    I can't disagree with these sentiments, proper lack of planning/vision if this is the case. Even with modest development/Temp Stands you'd think any half a*s*d redeveloped ground should be able hold 3000-4000... even if you were only getting 1000 for a normal game. Terryland, over recent seasons regularly just about got 1000 but we had 2900 for the play off, that was some serious coin... What will Thomond cost for Big games? bet the extra costs will eat up the benefits of the bigger crowd and it'll be dead with even 4000 in a 25k ground....
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    I can't disagree with these sentiments, proper lack of planning/vision if this is the case. Even with modest development/Temp Stands you'd think any half a*s*d redeveloped ground should be able hold 3000-4000... even if you were only getting 1000 for a normal game. Terryland, over recent seasons regularly just about got 1000 but we had 2900 for the play off, that was some serious coin... What will Thomond cost for Big games? bet the extra costs will eat up the benefits of the bigger crowd and it'll be dead with even 4000 in a 25k ground....
    Thats it I'm not expecting crowds of 5-6000 or anything but the fact is we could definitely get up to or over 2000 home fans if we were to be challenging for Europe or had a big cup game and with the current plans there seems to be a maximum of 1700 capacity for home fans. This whole thing from people of " when is the last time we had those crowds" is nonsense there is nothing at all to say that in the next few years we wont be challenging for Europe or something like that and that is when problems start. If they throw in a temp stand and there is room for 2500-3000 home fans than fine by me tbh.

Id honestly rather if it came to it that we just turn people away rather than move to Thomond again for a big game cos like you said the cost of Thomond will take away anything the extra crowd gives you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    You have a home to leave if and when required. That is the step forward from where you are today. This is the LOI, full of hopes and broken dreams. You'll have a ground and that is something, while not perfect in terms of the original design, is better than nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    the perimiter wall of the pitch was first built it had no gaps in it, causing the pitch to flood, swimming pool style.
    Whereas gaps in the wall at Tallaght turned the pitch in to a swimming pool style too...damned if ye do damned if ye dont in this country

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    You have a home to leave if and when required. That is the step forward from where you are today. This is the LOI, full of hopes and broken dreams. You'll have a ground and that is something, while not perfect in terms of the original design, is better than nothing.
    As has been pointed out it is as much a home as Thomond, Jackman, Hogan Park. We don't have nothing now we have exactly what we are gonna have next season somewhere to rent to play games.

So is having a ground to rent a step forward from having a different ground to rent?