Page 119 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 8142

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    The real joke is that a club complains about having to make ground improvments...
    Like Redobit said its the hypocricy that is the joke.
    Also I dont think anybody can question the improvements that have taken place in the Showgies over the past few years.
    Also there is a new stand in the pipeline but as always funds are needed.

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestexile View Post
    With Rovers having qualified for Europe in three out of the last four years and with the UEFA co-efficient likely to be more in favour of clubs entering the later stages of the tournament does anybody know if Rovers have any plans to upgrade The Showgrounds to meet Uefa standards. I read in the match programme for the Vorskla game that the club had things in the pipeline but it was a bit vague on specifics.
    Rovers haven't got any extra coefiecient points in the group stages as they have lost every game so far. LOI clubs will enter Europe at the same stage next season. Other than Rovers LOI clubs did not get any good results really (Pats got through 2 rounds i guess)

Back on topic, any updates on Finn Park?
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    No real update. Work there is continuing.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,258 Posts
    On the Andorra ground, wasn't it required to host the game because their other, better, ground is being revamped at the moment? So given they had to host the game in Andorra (having played their other games there), that was the only choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Tallaght Stadium as well all know needed seating brought in to bring it up to standard for the EL group stages. Is there a league stadium in the country that meets the UEFA Grade 1 standard already? I'm guessing not, just double checking.

When I say Grade 1, I mean Category 4, the highest.
    Last edited by legendz; 27/10/2011 at 8:49 AM. Reason: When I say Grade 1, I mean Category 4, the highest.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Tallaght Stadium as well all know needed seating brought in to bring it up to standard for the EL group stages. Is there a league stadium in the country that meets the UEFA Grade 1 standard already? I'm guessing not, just double checking.
    Might be a crazy shout, but would Tolka?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Not anymore I'd say.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lansdowne Rd and Croke Park probably do as internationals are/have been staged there and I'm only guessing but Thomond Park and Turners Cross would be the other two that I can think of off the top of my head
    "It's not the despair; I can handle the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." John Cleese on supporting a LOI club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Is Turners Cross up to category 4 standard? Thomond, Croke Park and Aviva are up to standard no question. Thomond Park could nearly only use one of the stands and still meet catergory 4 standard. Is the Brandywell not up to standard? A few years ago when many would go for a big ground and big pay day, Derry admirably hosted their game against PSG in the Brandywell.
    In asking my original question anyways regards clubs having stadia at category 4 level, how many clubs currently without a stadium of that level, could realistically get their stadium up to that standard? I'd imagine if Sligo keep progressing as they are, they will. Derry should be able to as well. There's been news at times on possible ground developments. It Turners Cross is not up to standard already, if Cork are coming back to the big time, I'm sure with the Munster FA's help, Turners Cross can be at the required standard. Tallaght Stadium will most likely see the required permanent upgrade of facilities. Limerick have Thomond Park in the city anyway if they were to rise but I think the new ground in the markets field will be near the standard required. It's something which should be kept in mind when they do begin work. If they progress and are lucky enough to be in a position to play in Europe, they'd want to keep in mind having a structure that they can expand on. Many clubs in Europe have developed stadia to a certain capacity but the provision was in the design and plans for expansions in the future if needed.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,355 Posts
    Can't imagine the Brandywell is near it. Apart from the main big stand the rest of the ground is fairly poor. Only has 3,300 seats too if I'm correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

Theres actually a lot to it. As far as I'm aware we would struggle because there isn't bus access - i.e. the team bus couldn't get into the ground

I'm also pretty sure we don't have room for 75 seats in a Press Conference room, don't think we have 2 TV studios, don't have room for 100 people in the press box - definitely not 50 with desks.

Theres quite a few things we'd fall short on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    There was a bomb alert yesterday, on the Lone Moor Rd close to the Brandywell. If the bomb had gone off, it could have caused thousands of pounds worth of improvements to the stadium.
    Last edited by dcfc_1928; 27/10/2011 at 9:45 PM.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Is Tallaghy not a category four stadium? Do you not need to be to get access to the group stages of the Europa?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Small time mentality.
    Coming from a Rovers fans who would still be hawking themselves around the LOI like a cheap hooker looking for a ground to play in if they didn't have one built for them. Good jaysus the nerve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    Coming from a Rovers fans who would still be hawking themselves around the LOI like a cheap hooker looking for a ground to play in if they didn't have one built for them. Good jaysus the nerve
    next year should be interesting then for you as a Shelbourne fan. You are a Shelbourne fan right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    next year should be interesting then for you as a Shelbourne fan. You are a Shelbourne fan right.
    Are you blind?

Please can we not just cut you lot off the country to float away into the Atlantic and take the chip on your both shoulders with you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    Are you blind?

Please can we not just cut you lot off the country to float away into the Atlantic and take the chip on your both shoulders with you?
    i dont really understand - all i know is that you wont be in Tolka much longer and it will be hilarious Shelbourne "hawking themselves around the LOI like a cheap hooker looking for a ground to play in"

I just like watching you make a fool of yourself with your hypocritical comments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    i dont really understand - all i know is that you wont be in Tolka much longer and it will be hilarious Shelbourne "hawking themselves around the LOI like a cheap hooker looking for a ground to play in"

I just like watching you make a fool of yourself with your hypocritical comments
    Not really, I just won't be making arrogant comments towards other fans who actually have a ground and weren't hawking themselves around the league until someone had to build one for them. He has a short memory. I'm not the one making comments to fans about their stadiums, I ain't the hypocrite - he is. Do keep up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    i dont believe he is being hypocritical in the slightest. i believe hes bang on the money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    i dont believe he is being hypocritical in the slightest. i believe hes bang on the money
    And how is he, as a Rovers fan, in a postion to say a club has a small time mentality when they don't even own their own ground and were homeless and the laughing stock of the LOI (that takes a lot!) for 20+ years until SDCC bailed them out? Who is he to criticise other clubs who didn't go into administration and for the last two decades actually had their own stadium! Come on now, get real. As I said before on this my dislike for SRFC comes from this new delusions of grandeur they have like they're something now and others should follow their lead.

Not everyone can run away from 98% of their debts and have a nice new stadium build for them, they're not that lucky!