Page 176 of 405 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 8094

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    At a guess, I'd say Jackman doesn't have the access to be developed into a ground with significant capacity.

Also, the new Harps ground will be owned by the Finn Harps Trustees- a separate legal entity to the club itself.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Always felt Jackman had the potential to be developed into a fairly nice ground but certainly the one entrance doesn't help it.

I had thought Harps stadium was owned by a branch of the co-op, the ground development committee?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Always felt Jackman had the potential to be developed into a fairly nice ground but certainly the one entrance doesn't help it.

I had thought Harps stadium was owned by a branch of the co-op, the ground development committee?
    The row of mouldy abandoned housing needs tearing down for one, if anything was to be done with Jackman. I've no clue who owns that however. It's a bit of a tight squeeze to turn it into anything without those houses being gotten rid of. From then it's nearly a case of starting from scratch, all they really have is a pitch and floodlights, with some very basic infrastructure. It's the Markets field with a smaller stand and no room to expand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    The row of mouldy abandoned housing needs tearing down for one, if anything was to be done with Jackman. I've no clue who owns that however. It's a bit of a tight squeeze to turn it into anything without those houses being gotten rid of. From then it's nearly a case of starting from scratch, all they really have is a pitch and floodlights, with some very basic infrastructure. It's the Markets field with a smaller stand and no room to expand.
    Suppose it's a bit of a pointless discussion at this stage, but the grass banks around the far side of the ground had a bit of space to build a nice little stand and behind both goals has plenty of space from memory.
    Mind you, last time I was in Jackman, I was incredibly inebriated and memory of the ground is hazy.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I think League of Ireland clubs will struggle to get any funding for their own private stadium which will solely benefit them.
    That's because of the FAI though, who have a hand in supporting (if not deciding) where the monies going to football are assigned. It doesn't appear to be a problem in other sports. The GAA have no trouble getting grants for what are by this definition of private stadia, with a constitution that means that some other sports can't even rent the facilities off them! What's the difference between a member owned football club and members owned GAA club?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    You realise Finn Harps new stadium will be owned by Finn Harps?
    Think JC means they'll struggle to get government/FAI grants for stadiums that are for only their benefit. Harps stadium was entirely funded from the sale of the old stadium, wasn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Think JC means they'll struggle to get government/FAI grants for stadiums that are for only their benefit. Harps stadium was entirely funded from the sale of the old stadium, wasn't it?

Partly funded by sale of Finn Park. Government grants account for a large proportion of costs far as I'm aware.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Mr Delaney and Co. down at the Markets Field today. Looks in pristine condition.

Latest I can see anywhere of the stadium is LEDP website, with photos from early November.

http://www.ledp.ie/news/markets-fiel...ruction-phase/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Ruction phase... tee hee hee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    What's the situation with away fans in MF for next season? Might go down for season opener. Great City for a weekend away.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Last we heard they were building a little stand behind the goals for away fans. There will be seats and the terrace will be out in the open. A few lads said the plans for the stand have it about the width of the 6 yard box and the roof won't actually provide protection from the rain.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    lookin forward to visitin markets field next season! I have being in Rathbane and beside the railway station! is it far from the railway station?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Casement Park refused planning by the Court in Belfast. I feel myself it was a bit too big but with so much public money going into it, the view was "build it and they will come" I suppose. I know it is not a soccer ground; but anyone who saw the rte news item last night would notice how quickly grounds can fall into a poor state if maintenance is not done.
    I have no sympathy for Ulster GAA and Casement park in been refused planning permission. Ulster GAA clubs voted against Croke Park opening up to Soccer and Rugby when landsdowne Road was been redeveloped. Also the way the GAA behaved with regard to Tallaght stadium doing their best to stop ' Association Football ' been played there was disgraceful . What goes around comes around.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    lookin forward to visitin markets field next season! I have being in Rathbane and beside the railway station! is it far from the railway station?
    No its not too far from the station. Probably talking about 15 walk at a slow place. Make it in 10 minutes.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    What's the situation with away fans in MF for next season? Might go down for season opener. Great City for a weekend away.
    Plenty of hot birds as well
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    With Limerick playing on Saturday next season I hope to get to a few games in the Market fields. Thomand was a great venue to watch a game of soccer in, but it was not suitable for the crowds Limerick get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Crues certainly look to be getting their act together. Brand new stand and centre of excellence on the way.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30623607

Meanwhile in Derry, we can't even find a regular place for our U21 team to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    "Crusaders say the scheme comprises two full-sized 3G pitches, small sided games pitches, multi-use games areas, a changing pavilion and limited spectator facilities".

The key term for any succesful sports capital grant application and why most GAA applications include halls marked out for Basketball/Badminton/indoor 'soccer' etc but yet never seem to have any of these hosted!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ah, so that's why the GAA were so insistent on Tallaght being open to all sports. They were trying to help the council with their grant application!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Crues certainly look to be getting their act together. Brand new stand and centre of excellence on the way.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30623607

Meanwhile in Derry, we can't even find a regular place for our U21 team to play.
    Your U21's will be able to hire Institutes new pitch. It's not just Crusaders and Institute either. A host of clubs have recently put in planning applications for various upgrades, new stands, floodlights and numerous artificial pitches. They include

Distillery
    Larne
    Crusaders
    H & W Welders
    Dollingstown
    Warrenpoint
    Dungannon
    Glenavon
    Institute
    Tobermore
    Bangor

And several more applications appear to be in the pipeline.