Page 63 of 406 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 8119

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    the north stand suffers from the same problem as the south stand, the top half is very wide 20 meters id guess but the bottom half is about a meter wide. the north stand is gonna be a little over 1000! the west stand which is also in the pipe line will be the jewel in the crown. 2500 capacity with the bar and shops underneath!
    Thats more like it! That will be a very impressive ground for ramblers with one bigger stand with facilitities to compliment the other small new stands... Fair play!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Thats more like it! That will be a very impressive ground for ramblers with one bigger stand with facilitities to compliment the other small new stands... Fair play!
    lets all hopes it goes through
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Drogs planning decision will definately be out today. One of the lads on the Drogs MB called Meath Co.Co. this morning and was told that it just has to be "signed-off" but that will be done today. They are a bit slow to update the online planning but I will post here as soon as the decision comes through. Fingers crossed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    If (I stress if) it gets permission I guarantee someone will appeal it and hold it up for another few months. Oh the fun of planning in Ireland.

Boyne Rovers are trying to move out to Monasterboice and you should see the 6 pages of submissions made against their application - including the local GAA club :0 now maybe all of these submissions are in favour/supporting the move (as is my submission & I presume Mr John Delaneys) but I doubt it. Drogs seem to have gotton off light compared to what these guys are facing.
    Last edited by SeanDrog; 24/04/2008 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    If (I stress if) it gets permission I guarantee someone will appeal it and hold it up for another few months. Oh the fun of planning in Ireland.

Boyne Rovers are trying to move out to Monasterboice and you should see the 6 pages of submissions made against their application - including the local GAA club :0 now maybe all of these submissions are in favour/supporting the move (as is my submission & I presume Mr John Delaneys) but I doubt it. Drogs seem to have gotton off light compared to what these guys are facing.
    If it doesnt get permission today what are the stadiums chances?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I suppose it depends on the reasons and how resolvable they are or aren't. If they don't get it and it looks doomed and pointless to carry on with that specific project I would guess there will be a review of the clubs existence - all Drogs know there is no future in utd park and if we can't move home we have 3 choices - plough on and get weaker and weaker, or try to find another locaion etc or put ourselves out of the misery now.

All Drogs have known since our new era that this is the critical point in our continued existence. When Vinnie Hoey spoke about not being able to continue putting cash into the club - other clubs supporters screamed - look another shelbourne etc - whereas all drogs knew exactly what he meant - if we want success in utd Park we will have to plough cash into the club with no return (financially), we need the new ground to finance the club going forward and allow it to expand - that was his point. No one can reasonable expect someone to bankroll a club forever - the directors undertook to do so untill we had the new home up and running. That was always the strategy (and they have stuck to it) and this ground is the keystone to that strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    And the decision is .....................

no decision! At least it wont be announced until after councillers vote on the re-zoning of the land. Its currently zoned as agricultural and any development would be in contravention of that so it now goes for re-zoning.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    At least it wont be announced until after councillers vote on the re-zoning of the land.
    So when's that?

Great country... If only the councillors had been so by-the-rules 21 years ago.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And the decision is .....................

no decision! At least it wont be announced until after councillers vote on the re-zoning of the land. Its currently zoned as agricultural and any development would be in contravention of that so it now goes for re-zoning.
    I don't know what's going on with this application but it can't be 'no decision'. It must have been refused or withdrawn if it wasn't granted as a material contravention of the development plan by the elected members has no bearing upon a live planning application submitted prior to the councillors' motion. But then again this is Meath- a rogue state of the old school in planning terms in this country.

As an aside Bray fans should keep an eye on this tender for a mooted public transport interchange by the dart station.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/sh...x?ID=APR101097

I have it on good authority that the Carlisle Grounds will feature as a possible site for this project. I know about the terms of the lease there etc. but 'strategic infrastruture' imperatives may win out.
    Last edited by bad mongo; 24/04/2008 at 8:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mongo View Post
    As an aside Bray fans should keep an eye on this tender for a mooted public transport interchange by the dart station.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/sh...x?ID=APR101097

I have it on good authority that the Carlisle Grounds will feature as a possible site for this project. I know about the terms of the lease there etc. but 'strategic infrastruture' imperatives may win out.
    yeah we've heard about this too, they will prob buy the land behind the red seated stand and part of the car park area, hence why no development has taken place

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The sod turning ceremony for Harps new stadium will be in mid May according to the Donegal Democrat today.

Still a few minor legal hoops to be jumped through but fairly soon the contractors should be on site.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Yes, Harps sod turning is on Monday week - 12th May. Construction could start within a month. 2009 could well be our last season at Finn Park as eighteen months is the timeframe given for the completion of the new stadium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The new stand at the RSC opened for yesterdays FAI Junior Cup final and was filled with Carrick fans who enjoyed their teams 2-1 win. It makes its Eircom League debut on Friday night v Wexford youths. Its a fine stand with far better toilet facilities than the cramped ones in the older stand and makes the RSC look a decent stadium now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    How many can it hold? Any pics?

Fairplay on getting a new stand up - will make the rsc look much better
    http://www.btid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1440

Pics from the Carrick v Killester game in the RSC yesterday.

The New Stand (Kilbarry side) holds 1760 while the old one (Cork Road side) seats 1270 bringing the seating capacity of the RSC up to 3030.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Wiring, tubing and most of all, those people with hard hats, boots and reflective vests in Tallaght Stadium this morning.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    Wiring, tubing and most of all, those people with hard hats, boots and reflective vests in Tallaght Stadium this morning.
    The one morning I forget to have a look when I'm passing! I'll take a stroll over later and check it out. Good news.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    It's hardly the time or the place for a Village People tribute gig.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Ah Sheridan, he of the light bulb thread, I was expecting better than that
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.