Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 256 of 402 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 8039

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    One stand with 1928 seats. Another with 1985 seats. Another with 2010 seats. And another under the ground.
    And evenly spaced dugouts between them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    One of the local papers in Dundalk suggested today that the club might be announcing plans if they are to redevelop the ground in the summer. No other details given.

As always it will come down to finances, but there is a fair bit of space around the ground to build, the type of stand Pats and more so Sligo have behind one of their goals would be prefect in OP. If they got planning permission to extend the main stand down the whole side, and installed even one new stand (behind the town goal would prob suit best), it would make a massive difference.

All of that would probably cost a few million though. I can only see gradual improvements being made though, we'll wait and see what the report they have commissioned comes back with.
    Last edited by oriel; 18/05/2017 at 8:48 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    the type of stand Pats and more so Sligo have behind one of their goals would be prefect in OP.
    I'm not too pushed about facilities myself, but I recognise they are important to attract people.

The seating Sligo have behind the goal looks nice, but in Ireland you have to have a roof.

I know the cost increases massively, but what's the point if you don't do it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Summer football no need for a roof at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I'm not too pushed about facilities myself, but I recognise they are important to attract people.

The seating Sligo have behind the goal looks nice, but in Ireland you have to have a roof.

I know the cost increases massively, but what's the point if you don't do it right.
    Every farmer in the country has the sort of covering that would do in some cases as do most GAA clubs. Increase costs on those examples a bit to box in the roofing so it doesnt look like a complete hay barn. I dont know why roofing areas even short to medium term isnt done. Yes it will look cat if let rot and ye dont want to be left with it forever like the main stand in Tolka. But really why does it cost so much to have cased RSGs raked to create a terrace that can have seating installed and then covered. I am being a bit flippant but if it is going to take 5+ years to having Oriel redeveloped it cant be that expensive to have a semi temporary roof over the away section and the town end terrace?? Or Bray replacing the canvass with the hay barn GAA example.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Never mind a new stadium, Harps still can't get an online shop sorted ! It's not listed on their website, and if you google for it they have a page saying that they're working on it. Which has been up all year.

They've lost themselves a jersey sale as a minimum there, as I won't be checking again. It's a good thing they're so wealthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Never mind a new stadium, Harps still can't get an online shop sorted ! It's not listed on their website, and if you google for it they have a page saying that they're working on it. Which has been up all year.

They've lost themselves a jersey sale as a minimum there, as I won't be checking again. It's a good thing they're so wealthy
    An online shop is fairly low on the list of priorities this season..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    What about this instead? You'd be the talk of the town cruising around in your Delorean with this on the bumper.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=222149074913&&&chn=ps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    Latest news is that the Brandywell will still be a grass pitch. The 4g surface will be in the showgrounds where the dog track is being moved too.
    The pitch will definitely be a 4G pitch. 😠
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's fairly basic stuff, something Longford still can't be arsed to do mind. There's junior clubs that sell their gear online it should be made part of the licensing agreement it's that fecking basic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    thats what sums up why the league is never taken seriously. its not a priority. its one of the easiest things that can be done and its a source of income. a lot of the websites around the league are pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Every farmer in the country has the sort of covering that would do in some cases as do most GAA clubs. Increase costs on those examples a bit to box in the roofing so it doesnt look like a complete hay barn. I dont know why roofing areas even short to medium term isnt done. Yes it will look cat if let rot and ye dont want to be left with it forever like the main stand in Tolka. But really why does it cost so much to have cased RSGs raked to create a terrace that can have seating installed and then covered. I am being a bit flippant but if it is going to take 5+ years to having Oriel redeveloped it cant be that expensive to have a semi temporary roof over the away section and the town end terrace?? Or Bray replacing the canvass with the hay barn GAA example.
    Dundalk could have done a temp roof for both areas to the side of the stand years ago, regardless of that ownership issue. Many people renting houses long term will do small bits like this. The club will argue they didn't have full ownership of the lease and may have had to pull it down, but as Nesta says if its going to be even more of a wait, it wouldn't have been that expensive to remove roofing, besides you would have gained the time it was up, disappointing it was never even considered.

Hopefully the report they are expecting in the summer will be encouraging to plan for much needed improvements. long term.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Harps mugs have been low on the list for years!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    https://www.derrynow.com/soccer/work...stadium/164441

Wee bit on the Brandywell, including a photo of the structure of the stand.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    When is work on the Brandywell expected to be completed? Where are Derry going to play their Europa qualifier?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    When is work on the Brandywell expected to be completed? Where are Derry going to play their Europa qualifier?
    Europa game in The Showgrounds

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has any news on any potential redevelopment at Oriel Park, also any news on the new Finn Harps stadium and the proposed new stand at Tallagh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    New stand in Tallaght is supposed to be starting in next few months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pesky View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any news on any potential redevelopment at Oriel Park, also any news on the new Finn Harps stadium and the proposed new stand at Tallagh.
    There were bits mentioned in various interviews with Kenny since he signed his new 3 year extension. The underlying theme appears to be he signed this on the strength of having been satisfied that the owners have given assurances that improvements will take place. He quoted 3 improvements already for next season that will go ahead, making use of the Youth Development Centre (YDC) - behind the shed, which passed into the owners hands when the lease issue was resolved. 3 new rooms to be fitted out, Medical centre, Sports Science room and Video Analysis centre. There are already indoor pitches there and dressing rooms and at least one bar that is not used.

He touched on the spectator redevelopment, but the club are waiting (as all fans are too) on the independent report from an outside company on what can be done. I would imagine when its available the club will then make their decision on what they can build, as they will need to apply for capital sports grants, maybe fai support and of course use some of their own money.

There is obviously so much that has to be done to the ground, its a very long list, in no particular order, a new stand behind the town goal, a new away end behind the opposite goal, and extending the main stand to as far as possible with planning considerations would be my choices. The shed side will probably need to be knocked down and rebuilt using the YDC as a background, but that can probably be done at a later stage. These might take years to complete, the outside report will probably dictate what they can do, and of course finance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I drove past Harps new stadium the other day and there was a few lads in hard-hats on site, presumably some of the planning lads or something of the sort. They've said that mid to late September we'll get word on when we're going again so assume the folks in on site were doing something towards that.

Seems like nothing really, but it's the most activity I've seen on site in a long time.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

23. Thanks From: