Page 249 of 405 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 8099

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Sounds like good news. Terracing instead of seats behind the goals is no harm it'll probably be better for creating an atmosphere.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Hopefully some cover of the terracing too and done in a way that seats can be installed in the future if need be. So Stranrolar and the Brandywell could be done and dusted near enough to eachother timewise in the end. Good to see! Some progress on Oriel and United Park and there is no really bad ground, Bray too maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    The new pitch was obviously the priority for Dundalk, and that took up all efforts pre season, it would be good to hear of what plans they have for the rest of the ground though.

I know they were looking at a lot of options for redevelopment and said they will make an announcement whenever they can, hopefully we will hear some positive updates on that this season.

Good news on Finn Harps.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I probably know the answer to the question but, how after the deal has been struck, has the stadium been allowed to be scaled down.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Its all strange, even that government funding allocated from nearly a decade ago can still be drawn down, that the builder didnt fulfill his part of the deal, that according to some Harps fans the funding is in place but nothing done in an age, that the proposal that funding granted is altered, when and how much money has been allocated, how much Finn Park was to generate and what will it contribute now. Lots of questions and n clear answer bar something like the builder went or nearly went bang and couldnt do the land swap and build, but then where are the sports capital grants etc. Or the value of Finn Park bottomed out so there was no benefit to the builder so they just didnt bother with their side of the agreement.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Basically: The massive fall in value of Finn Park means there will be a scaled back project. Relations have always been good with the developer AFAIK.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Bit more on it here: http://www.donegaldaily.com/2017/03/...in-early-2019/

I understand now that Finn Harps have a number of relatively minor issues to resolve and I am confident the hard-working committee will be able to do this in a couple of months.’’
    “the Club asked if the Department would finalise their subsequent assessment of costings within a reasonably short timeframe, and the Department indicated that there would be no delays in this regard.”“As a result I have written to the Minister asking that once Finn Harps provide the additional information, that funding for the completion of the project should be released,” said McHugh.
    “Once the stadium is completed, Donegal County Council will work to provide additional football pitches adjacent to the stadium which will help the sport develop in the county.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Probably the right decision in the end, Terracing is perfectly adequate for our league, I think most fans would believe that cover from wind and rain is more important than seats.
    So I assume the new capacity will actually be close enough to the original plans but with less seats etc? What are we looking at 3,000 seats? 2,000 places on two terraces?
    innit though??

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Those details have yet to be worked out AFAIK.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    Probably the right decision in the end, Terracing is perfectly adequate for our league, I think most fans would believe that cover from wind and rain is more important than seats.
    So I assume the new capacity will actually be close enough to the original plans but with less seats etc? What are we looking at 3,000 seats? 2,000 places on two terraces?
    Well, I imagine both the main stands will remain the same size, or at least one of them will, given that it's partially built already to hold 1,954 seats.

The two terraces, if smaller, may be similar to what we have in the town end at Finn Park currently except with a roof and maybe an entrance through the middle of it, which I think has a safe capacity of something close to 1,300.

All in, it looks as if we'll have a capacity of something between 6,000-7,000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Well, I imagine both the main stands will remain the same size, or at least one of them will, given that it's partially built already to hold 1,954 seats.

The two terraces, if smaller, may be similar to what we have in the town end at Finn Park currently except with a roof and maybe an entrance through the middle of it, which I think has a safe capacity of something close to 1,300.

At this stage you'd just be happy to have a tidy new stadium to move into in a couple years. I look forward to visiting it when it opens.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

Significantly bigger than the Brandywell so !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Are there any imminent plans for upgrading the Markets Field? The seating capacity for home support should at least be doubled in the next phase of work.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Are there any imminent plans for upgrading the Markets Field? The seating capacity for home support should at least be doubled in the next phase of work.
    Yeah a stand on the side where the dugouts are would improve the ground a lot. Anyone know whats going on with the convent they bought in Bruff? Last I heard they were still training in UL but they might have moved into bruff since.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    planning permission up for student accommodation to be built on the tramway end in Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Yeah a stand on the side where the dugouts are would improve the ground a lot. Anyone know whats going on with the convent they bought in Bruff? Last I heard they were still training in UL but they might have moved into bruff since.
    Automatic sprinklers system would nice too...

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    planning permission up for student accommodation to be built on the tramway end in Dalymount
    That's all we need, more Hipsters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    So the student apartments will be built where the old terrace currently is? Or behind where the terrace is?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    So the student apartments will be built where the old terrace currently is? Or behind where the terrace is?
    Where the terrace currently is and also on the old warehouses that are on that corner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    That's a bit of a disaster. Surely that Tramway end is a protected structure at this stage?