Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 227 of 405 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 8100

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

The cork county board would take to the hills and start a flying column before they let "soccer" into the pairc.

There's fellas blowing themselves up in market squares in Syria who's thinking is more modern and moderate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fionnsci View Post
    The new Parc Uí Chaoimh will surely fit the bill if Cork ever get to a group stage. Of course, as things stand, the GAA wouldn't sign off on it.

That being said, we've come quite far in ten years from no "foreign games" at all to a temporary, albeit one-off, home for soccer and rugby, and a RWC bid. Not on the cards now but the environment might have changed by the time it happens for Cork.
    The GAA are shrewd. Supporting the RWC bid is in their interests as it's a once off opportunity for external funding to improve some of it's grounds. While Musgrave Park has been improved for Munster, it's possibly a pity for Cork that it's not an improvement to a higher standard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

The cork county board would take to the hills and start a flying column before they let "soccer" into the pairc.

There's fellas blowing themselves up in market squares in Syria who's thinking is more modern and moderate.
    With public money supporting the RWC bid, the FAI should be lobbying for municipal stadia in Cork and Galway meeting Category 4 criteria. The RWC in political speak should be leaving a legacy. Cork and Galway should have high level stadia fully available for rugby use. Soccer would expect to benefit also. The argument in Galway is for Connaught. The argument in Cork is for when Munster play down there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    There has been rumours of Connacht Rugby moving into a new stadium as part of the redevelopment of Galway docks, along with suggestions that Galway Utd & Connacht should go as a joint venture. However I think most United fans would prefer us to remain at Eamon Deacy Park, a venue which is more than capable of catering for us at present and the crowds we get. Moving into an 8,000 capacity stadium wouldn't be in our best interests at this moment in time

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Yeah, Terryland's a nice ground now with that second stand; it it fits ye well. Maybe a bit out of town, though I think the walk feels longer than it really is!

Is there much space around it to expand (if it was ever a requirement)?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    A stadium at the Docks would have the advantage of being very central, though the size would be a concern. Am surprised the option of Connacht looking to share and help develop Terryland never seems to be looked at.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yeah, Terryland's a nice ground now with that second stand; it it fits ye well. Maybe a bit out of town, though I think the walk feels longer than it really is!

Is there much space around it to expand (if it was ever a requirement)?

There would be room for another stand at the car park end there if ever needed, and possibly a smaller structure at the clubhouse end, another block could be added to either end of the Comer Stand (new stand).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    A stadium at the Docks would have the advantage of being very central, though the size would be a concern. Am surprised the option of Connacht looking to share and help develop Terryland never seems to be looked at.
    I don't think it's something Connacht have suggested, it's been suggested by councillors and people around town. The redevelopment of the Docks itself seems to be on the cards for ages too but it hasn't happened yet. A potential stadium out there is probably a bit off.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    There has been rumours of Connacht Rugby moving into a new stadium as part of the redevelopment of Galway docks, along with suggestions that Galway Utd & Connacht should go as a joint venture. However I think most United fans would prefer us to remain at Eamon Deacy Park, a venue which is more than capable of catering for us at present and the crowds we get. Moving into an 8,000 capacity stadium wouldn't be in our best interests at this moment in time
    If ye remain in Terryland as most of ye're supporters seem to want, I'm sure ye will be able to avail of a Connaught ground for European games if a stadium is built to the required level. Limerick will be under no pressure in the Markets Field. Thomond Park is always available. Developments in the RDS could be good news for Dublin clubs and surrounding areas. Only Cork of the large urban areas will be falling behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I think Connacht are just bluffing about building a new ground so they can have more influence on developments in the Sportsgrounds. Deacy Park is obviously the best place for Galway United,but at present there's no where in Galway that has UEFA category four status. The GAA stadium has 8,000 seats but I doubt it meets the other requirements. Perhaps the Sportsgrounds will one day be category four,there's plenty of room to expand but standing terraces makes a lot more sense for the IRFU's point of view.

It'd be nice to have a category four stadium in each province,presently we have Thomond in Munster (least I presume it's category four) Windsor in Ulster (presuming Finn Harps & Derry City would be allowed in) and the Aviva in Leinster.Connacht has nothing.
    Last edited by GUFCghost; 07/08/2016 at 1:42 PM.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    Perhaps the Sportsgrounds will one day be category four,there's plenty of room to expand but standing terraces makes a lot more sense for the IRFU's point of view.

It'd be nice to have a category four stadium in each province,presently we have Thomond in Munster (least I presume it's category four) Windsor in Ulster (presuming Finn Harps & Derry City would be allowed in) and the Aviva in Leinster.Connacht has nothing.
    Ulster has Ravenhill as well. Standing terraces behind the goals makes sense for the IRFU. In terms of hospitality, season tickets and so on, Connaught rugby will probably require around 8000 seats and VIP areas not too dissimilar from Category 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Windsor in Ulster (presuming Finn Harps & Derry City would be allowed in) and the Aviva in Leinster.Connacht has nothing.
    You'd need special dispensation to play a European game outside of your home territory for a start. (Don't actually know how that would affect Derry)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    You'd expect Harps or Derry to travel to Belfast for a home game?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Harps should need special dispensation to play in Europe, so it shouldn't come to deciding where ye play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Agh now sure the FAI or Government are gonna give Harps the money to finish the new stadium, no need to travel anywhere
    We are the SR the SRFC.......
    Part time Finn Harps too :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well if they're in the Europa League and they don't have a category four ground,what else can they do?
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Well if they're in the Europa League and they don't have a category four ground,what else can they do?
    We'll worry about that when it happens. We'll have our own stadium built by then and won't need anything bigger. There'll be special dispensation awarded by UEFA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Bit OT, but I caught a bit of West Ham today at the Queen Brenda Stadium, what a kip, hated it on sight but it took bit too realise that the stand on the camera side is about 50m from the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Bit OT, but I caught a bit of West Ham today at the Queen Brenda Stadium, what a kip, hated it on sight but it took bit too realise that the stand on the camera side is about 50m from the pitch.
    It's also missing a couple of blocks of seats. Seen a picture of people sitting on the bare concrete where the seats were meant to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    http://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/...-35005668.html

would destroy the pitch rugby & football grounds shares don't work imo.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    http://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/...-35005668.html

would destroy the pitch rugby & football grounds shares don't work imo.
    Doesn't have to be a grass pitch though, for either sport. But even a grass pitch depends on the number of games - the Belfield Bowl always seems to be in good nick even in winter/ rugby season. But then with all the other pitches, it's probably only used for a limited number of games for both sports.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.