Page 12 of 405 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbums.jsp?MemberId=2944695234

her is an update on the progress of coleman park in cobh wil be done in a week our two will be 900 seater stand with media box

www.cobhramblers.com

here is the top stand that was already there with new seats installed 500 seater now

new floodligts installed too

planning permission granted for anther stand on opposite side of the ground just need the grant for it, should be an 1100 seater and the final stand at the clubhouse end will be a 2500 seater
    total capactiy when/if completed will be 5000
    Why not leave one end terraced?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans View Post
    Why not leave one end terraced?
    Cobh will never need 5000 capacity let alone 5000 seats.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya but if we dont have a ground to uefa standards, in a few years you will not get promoted if you dont have one, it for the future of the club for when we get promoted.

its like in scotland you are not allowed into the top flight unless you have a 10,000 seater ground that is why everyone is upgrading there ground if you dont have the facilities you will not be allowed play in the top flight of the eircom leauge.

whats the point of donig three stand swill bohs have only three stand when they move to there new ground (i dont thnk so its a 10,000 seater with three stands ) and if city had three sides to the gorund and a terrace (the shed) why did they replace it because they want there ground to be up to uefa standards for the future,

the laws will be changed in this country to conform to uefa standards like scotland england spain etc, no ground up to standard, no promotion.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ya but if we dont have a ground to uefa standards, in a few years you will not get promoted if you dont have one, it for the future of the club for when we get promoted.
    AFAIK ye already have a Premier licence. If by some bizarre means you qualify for Europe can alwasy move the game to the cross. If CCFC had an alternative for European games we'd probably move out games there...

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    AFAIK ye already have a Premier licence. If by some bizarre means you qualify for Europe can alwasy move the game to the cross. If CCFC had an alternative for European games we'd probably move out games there...
    its not europe didnt you read the post we would never be able to quailifyfor europe in a few years cause we wont be allowed into the top division cause our ground wont be up to standard for the premier division, well develop our ground ourselfs thanks anyway , were not city we wont rent a ground for no reason.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    its not europe didnt you read the post we would never be able to quailifyfor europe in a few years cause we wont be allowed into the top division cause our ground wont be up to standard for the premier division, well develop our ground ourselfs thanks anyway , were not city we wont rent a ground for no reason.
    You got a Premier licence this year? Yes or No?

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    yes but thats now, its moving forward every year in two years we wont get a license, the leauge is moving forward and we must move with our get left behind, we've no intention of our club staying in the first division forever.

sure ye got a premier license the last two years so why did ye replace the shed
    Last edited by don ramo; 18/02/2007 at 1:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

its like in scotland you are not allowed into the top flight unless you have a 10,000 seater ground that is why everyone is upgrading there ground if you dont have the facilities you will not be allowed play in the top flight of the eircom leauge.

whats the point of donig three stand swill bohs have only three stand when they move to there new ground (i dont thnk so its a 10,000 seater with three stands: ) and if city had three sides to the gorund and a terrace (the shed) why did they replace it because they want there ground to be up to uefa standards for the future,

the laws will be changed in this country to conform to uefa standards like scotland england spain etc, no ground up to standard, no promotion.
    I think we will have a terrace in our new ground actually!

If for some bizarre reason Cobh ever get into Europe ( ) just close off the terraced end and if you need a bigger ground, ask the Munster FA for Turners Cross!

There is no stipulation that you need an all seater ground to play in the top flight in Ireland.

Foreign example...Germany.

There's no need for all seater grounds if your not playing in the UEFA Cup or CL and if you are, do as the Germans do.

Simple as

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    eh...source?

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    eh...source?
    It's definetly happening alright. The manual is on the UEFA website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    sample is 4 years ago you didnt need a licence, now thats a uefa standard, the leauge will only move forward with better facilities, do you want a double standard the premier teams have all seater while the first are ony allowed two stands max, we dont all have E60 million grounds to sell, we get it through grants that we are more than entitled to, (not being smart) bohs invested wisely when they got there ground and got lucky it eventually ended up in the middle of dublin great for ye, but i highly doubt ye will build a 10,000 seater ground with a terrace at one end in this day and age.

when bohs move to there new ground it will be, our should be the best ground in the country that hosts leauge football

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis View Post
    whats the point of the new stand? just to get a premier licence? waste of money in my eyes, ive been at station road a few times and the stand was never full. I dont see the reason installing a temperary stand that wont be used and i cant see kildare in the premier in the near future.

dont get me wrong it would be great to have every club in the country with a premier licence, but why not save up their money for another year or two and extend the stand ye already have or build a permenant one? may i add that station road is a great little ground, with indoor hall and a bar.
    The current stand is unextendable. Perhaps that is why we don't extend it?

We are getting two 350 seater stands for a very, very reasonable rate.

We would have been idots not to accept them if you ask me.

There are plans to build an excellent permanent stand but so far neither NTFC nor KCFC have gotten enough in grants to build it.

We want a Premier license, and are willing to pay a "pittance" to get our seating up to scratch, I don't see the problem.

Also, the electricals throughout the ground will be totally upgraded this season. Not a big deal but a sign the club is investing in the ground and not pouring all its cash into a grossly overpaid squad like other clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    sample is 4 years ago you didnt need a licence, now thats a uefa standard, the leauge will only move forward with better facilities, do you want a double standard the premier teams have all seater while the first are ony allowed two stands max, we dont all have E60 million grounds to sell, we get it through grants that we are more than entitled to, (not being smart) bohs invested wisely when they got there ground and got lucky it eventually ended up in the middle of dublin great for ye, but i highly doubt ye will build a 10,000 seater ground with a terrace at one end in this day and age.

when bohs move to there new ground it will be, our should be the best ground in the country that hosts leauge football
    Sample

Please explain re: "a double standard", because a far as I can see, it is the Dublin clubs (bar the scum) who are being negatively discriminated against by not giving them a cent of grant money!

Also, why do you think you know more/better than me re: our new ground?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    can you post the pic url's, my ban isn't up on the nazi board til April 2010!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    looks good, when do they hope to have the seats open for matches, march 9th? whats the yellow building in that picture?
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I'm not a member of the forum and I'm not in the habit of joining other Club's forums so I can't view the photo.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Sample

Please explain re: "a double standard", because a far as I can see, it is the Dublin clubs (bar the scum) who are being negatively discriminated against by not giving them a cent of grant money!

Also, why do you think you know more/better than me re: our new ground?
    well they should get there tax clearance cert and get there grant that is what you need to get grants (and a lot of patience), there a fair few million avalible and the likes of athlone and longford wont get much see at there grounds are relatively new, and more money was given recently,

and your ground is national news and worldwide for us people who have the internet and no moron is going to spend E10 million on a three stand 10,000 seater ground, especially when its and all seater ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis View Post
    looks good, when do they hope to have the seats open for matches, march 9th? whats the yellow building in that picture?
    The yellow building is the Horse Shoe Inn.
    The seats should be in by the start of the season but the MFA have said that they wont allow the stand to be used until all work is completed. This is expected to be the start of April.

Edit* I've posted that picture here, for those without access to the City Forum.
    Last edited by Peadar; 21/02/2007 at 8:34 AM.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

UCD have been awarded €1.5m of grant money.