Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Essien = Dirty Cheat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Essien = Dirty Cheat

Don't know if anyone saw his horror tackle on Saturday, but it warranted a straight red, no question. That covers the dirty part.

Then, when Gardner handled the ball for his red card, Essien kept following the ref around gesturing for a red card. Quite unsportsmanlike, and quite sad really for a player of such ability.

Pr!ck !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Yep his tackle on Tal Ben Haim was absolutey shocking, caught him near the knee, he went down himself pretending to be injured so he would'nt get a red card, horrible to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    He's definitely in trouble, seeing as the referee said he'll review the video on Tuesday before submitting his report.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Disgraceful tackle yet Jose didn't see it but managed to see the hand ball incident. As regards Essien following the ref around trying to get Gardiner sent off he's just doing what a hell of a lot of players do nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    As regards Essien following the ref around trying to get Gardiner sent off he's just doing what a hell of a lot of players do nowadays.
    So that makes it alright?? It's childish and disgraceful.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    So that makes it alright?? It's childish and disgraceful.

No if you read what i said i said that all players do it and nothing's ever done about it i never said anything in my post about it being alright.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Was funny listening to Beglin talk about Bolton player feigning injury when was clear on first view Essien had gone over the top. Beglin changed his tune fairly quickly with replay.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wish they would start sending off losers like Essien who go in cynically like that. That bolton fella could have had his career ended.

The refs in england always favour the best teams and call all their players by their first names when on the pitch. how gay is that ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As well as that. signalling to the ref to give a player a card after a challenge should be an instant yellow, regardless of what the plyer did and whether he actually gets a card.

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    The refs in england always favour the best teams and call all their players by their first names when on the pitch. how gay is that ?
    Not as gay as if they started kissing them before the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Then, when Gardner handled the ball for his red card, Essien kept following the ref around gesturing for a red card. Quite unsportsmanlike, and quite sad really for a player of such ability.
    Didn't see anything much wrong in that. The Bolton player cheated to stop him scoring so doesn't deserve any sportmanship. It's a different case than looking for a player to be sent off after a foul IMO.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah, and Shels haven't been given more than their fair share of dodgy decision in Ireland
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I wish they would start sending off losers like Essien who go in cynically like that. That bolton fella could have had his career ended.

Jeff Winter on sky confirmed there is a directive now to book a guy for that card waving action, so Mikey boy should have walked twice. It's been goin on for years that the big club get all the breaks, ask Manu Mike Riley about the 9 spotters or more at ot.

On this topic, I noted yesterday that Joey Barton and Claudio Reyna on different occassions got up after being fouled and told the ref put his cards away, hence saving two certain bookings - Pearce seems to be running a tight ship discipline wise - it's good to see. He doesn't question decisions either. Maybe he'll change, but I'd venture his mentality won't allow him, but it's good to see a bit of honesty.
    Last edited by Clifford; 17/10/2005 at 4:39 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Didn't see anything much wrong in that. The Bolton player cheated to stop him scoring so doesn't deserve any sportmanship. It's a different case than looking for a player to be sent off after a foul IMO.
    You're missing his point. He was talking about how players surround the referee and 'give him advice'. If it were my way, I would card the lot of them. Man Utd have had a history of doing that as well as most big clubs.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    How much this Essien Cost

20 million plus and from what he has shown so far hes just a big, hulking, hacking donkey. Chelsea ,in fairness, are getting pretty shafted in the transfer market (not that my heart bleeds or anything)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    for a player of such ability.

Pr!ck !
    what ability?
    you gowl!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    How much this Essien Cost

20 million plus and from what he has shown so far hes just a big, hulking, hacking donkey. Chelsea ,in fairness, are getting pretty shafted in the transfer market (not that my heart bleeds or anything)
    Complete tosh to be honest, one awful tackle should not be enough to base your opinion on. The guy has an incredible engine on him, touch is first class and it's only a matter of time before he starts scoring on a reg basis I'd venture. Not bad for a guy who has only played in the Prem for a few months.

How come he's held down a starting place every week in a team that are 9 for 9? And I've no alliegance to Chelski at all. Now SWP was not value for money if you would go down that avenue. But I don't think anyone who has watched Essien in detail could be anything but impressed.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford
    On this topic, I noted yesterday that Joey Barton and Claudio Reyna on different occassions got up after being fouled and told the ref put his cards away, hence saving two certain bookings
    Saw that, Etherington could well have walked, very commendable.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its a disgrace that he's after getting away with that challenge. Is it because the ref had taken some action already that he isn't being further punished or did I hear FIFA are sticking their oar in for some reason? Whatever the reason it is scandalous that he has escaped, and any player that goes to 'do' an opponent should IMO serve at least 5 games.

There's a few cheats among that chelski team and in time some referee might wake up and see the light.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Jose versus Joesemi!

You just dislike chelsea because they showed ye up a few weeks ago in anfield! As Jose himself said- "Essien is a very good player who has a exceptional disciplinary record". True it was a bad tackle but i don't think it was intentional. Essien is proving a top player after only a few months in english football.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    V. bad tackle....should have walked for it, without doubt!

And then this gesturing to the ref to book an opponent for a challenge? - Anyplayer who does that should be yellow carded immediately, no questions.

It's the refs job to referee not the players...simply as that! It out of order, not playing by the rules of "fairplay" and downright hypocritical, esp in the Essien case!!!
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast