Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Attendances 2024 (Size of away support )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Maybe I have moved in to the stage of life where ye grumble about the price of everything and talk about the days of it being 12p for a packet of Tayto (Longford fans being Tayto experts and all). I'd agree that there hasnt been significant hikes in ticket prices but like a lot of things there is a cut of point imo on what people are willing or can pay, I cant suggest what that point is as it will differ across a fanbase. Even if every ground was modern there should be tiered pricing, significant concessions for families and accompanied juvenile tickets. Single adults tickets most can probably manage but when the cost racks up adding kids, thats when people baulk. It's very short term thinking to potentially price out the future fanbase which I think could happen if the kids get left at home. There is also a squeeze on other income areas like bars, programmes (not really an income but you know what I mean). I know there is a certain psychology to pricing eg the difference between having a beer before a game or not and that there is a balance. People oint to season tickets as the saving point but that lump cost isnt possible for all.

A side point is that there are Dundalk fans that think the club should pay them for the privilege of having them attend games and it aint cause of Oriel or not challening for titles just a dose of self important sense of entitlement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I think there's an argument to be made that LOI tickets have been too cheap for years. However, it all comes down to facilities. Luckily, the weather looks good for tomorrow but a ****ing night in Richmond and out in the open wouldn't be much fun.

15 quid more than enough into the likes of Oriel, Drogheda and plenty others at the moment.
    Maybe a point here, but still charging €72 for 1 adult with 2 kids (granted concessions were gone) but it doesn't change the cost of that particular purchase. Its far too expensive.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    That first half was great value!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Counted twenty athlone fans

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314