Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2024

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    [QUOTE=2 Year Contract;2181859]791 at Athlone Longford[/QUOTE

Just wondering, if Athlone did develop behind either goal would anyone bother as the view from the Main Stand is a better option!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    370 on the app FWIW
    That's a bit better, I suppose for UCD it must have felt like a home game considering the atmosphere and the size of the attendance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    383 at Bray/Longford,I know it was a Monday night but that’s a shocking crowd….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep. of Ireland v Belguim 38,128

Rep. of Ireland v Switzerland 35,742

Great crowds when you think about it, especially for friendlies and our standing as an international team!

And you consider where we are with or without a manager!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Friday, Premier should be bumper crowds, Rovers 9k plus, Shels 4k plus, 3k plus in Derry and Waterford and 2k in Drogheda, so average will be over the 4k for Friday.

In the first Cork and Treaty should be good crowds, and while we wont hit 30k at matches this weekend, it could be best of the season so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    It certainly won't be far off 30k.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTFC View Post
    Friday, Premier should be bumper crowds, Rovers 9k plus, Shels 4k plus, 3k plus in Derry and Waterford and 2k in Drogheda, so average will be over the 4k for Friday.

In the first Cork and Treaty should be good crowds, and while we wont hit 30k at matches this weekend, it could be best of the season so far.
    Would love to see what crowds we'd be getting in a league with no capacity constraints. 35,000 this weekend ? 40,000 even?

Mad that Tallaght is selling out for a fixture so soon after its capacity was increased by c.25%. The redeveloped Dalymount also needs to be a lot bigger than proposed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Would love to see what crowds we'd be getting in a league with no capacity constraints. 35,000 this weekend ? 40,000 even?

Mad that Tallaght is selling out for a fixture so soon after its capacity was increased by c.25%. The redeveloped Dalymount also needs to be a lot bigger than proposed.
    Im not convinced it does need to be. Derbies sell out the world over but it doesnt justify meeting caacity demands for that one fixture. Rovers are at 70% give or take of capacity, a litmus test of capacity need if mid table would be interestig but there can be some fall off in demand with multiple titles or a lack of a close title race that may off set things a bit. I dont think Bohs would double their average gate. Future capacity needs should be built in to the plans for sure, as how Tallaght could still increase capacity further with corner sections - it'd be great if the corners were even enclosed with seating/standing to be added later as needed....just to nitpick.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Im not convinced it does need to be. Derbies sell out the world over but it doesnt justify meeting caacity demands for that one fixture. Rovers are at 70% give or take of capacity, a litmus test of capacity need if mid table would be interestig but there can be some fall off in demand with multiple titles or a lack of a close title race that may off set things a bit. I dont think Bohs would double their average gate. Future capacity needs should be built in to the plans for sure, as how Tallaght could still increase capacity further with corner sections - it'd be great if the corners were even enclosed with seating/standing to be added later as needed....just to nitpick.
    I went home for the cup final and when I was on the DART I spoke to several Bohs fans with kids. I asked do you and the kids go to any games, and they each answered "can't get tickets" even for the lesser games it's a struggle. I'm not saying this is a survey of any kind, but I do think the new Dalymount will be too small very quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The thing a lot of people don't factor in is that we've essentially got a waiting list (and growing) of somewhere between 1,500-2,000 for memberships. At the minute we're pulling in around 4,000 home fans each game. All this is while we're languishing in mid-table. I think leaving room for slight on-field improvement (pushing for Europe), the fact the new ground is minimum 3 more years away, plus the boost you'd naturally get with a redeveloped ground, it's not overly unrealistic to think we can be there or thereabouts with filling out the home capacity when the new build is finally in place.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Can I presume that the plans for Dalymount include an initial allocation size,with room to increase at a later date, similar to how Tallaght has developed?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Can I presume that the plans for Dalymount include an initial allocation size,with room to increase at a later date, similar to how Tallaght has developed?
    Hard to see how there's going to be much scope to increase capacity with Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    There have been so many re-designs and delays with Dalymount, I think the priority at this stage should be to just go ahead with the current 8k plan, even if it has downsides. If Bohs reach a point where they're selling out 8k for every game in a nice modern stadium then it will still be a dramatic improvement on the current situation.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    2,751 at the RSC tonight v Sligo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Confirmed as 10,094 at Tallaght!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Fantastic attendance!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Much better attendance of 760 in Mounthawk Park tonight - evidently the improvement in performances is being noted.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    3,115 Brandywell

2,236 United Park

452 Carlisle Grounds

407 Bishopsgate

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    1,712 at the Markets Field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Fantastic attendance!
    Only counted 4 empty seat in Bohs allocation but loads standing, I don't know exact allocation but I'd say at least 1200 Bohs away fans in Tallafornia, that's some away crowd for a LOI game, fair play

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast