Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McShane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Paul McShane

ALBION loan star Paul McShane could be on a collision course with Manchester United, paving the way for a possible permanent move to the Seagulls.

McShane does not want to return to a diet of more reserve team football at Old Trafford once his loan with Albion expires just before Christmas.

The 19-year-old Republic of Ireland international centre half, outstanding again in Saturday's goalless draw at Preston, signed a new two-year contract with United at the end of last season.

He is due to return to Old Trafford on December 21, but McShane revealed: "I wouldn't want to go back to play in the reserves.

"I'll have to sit down with my parents and the club and see what the future holds for me.

"I don't want to play in the reserves again, because I would see that as a step backwards. I want to just keep progressing. I want to make a name for myself.

"The first team squad is so big and it's quite frustrating. I think I'm better than some of the players in the first team but they have got a name, they are experienced and they are on ten grand a week."

Albion manager Mark McGhee said: "I don't know United's thoughts but Paul has been excellent for us and he has got a future, there is no doubt about that. It could be here, who knows?"

Gary Hart is on standby for his first start of the campaign at rightback against Plymouth at Withdean today as Jason Dodd is a doubt with a foot injury.

----

I'm not sure how he did today (Brighton kept a clean sheet) but if you ask any Brighton fan they will tell you he has been their best player in every single match so far this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    I'm not sure how he did today (Brighton kept a clean sheet) but if you ask any Brighton fan they will tell you he has been their best player in every single match so far this season.
    I saw him in the Milk Cup a few years ago, and he was really good. It's so hard to say what the right move is though. O'Shea was a good bit older than McShane is now when he got his chance with United.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    At 19, he's hardly in a position to demand first team football off Fergie. Good as he is, would he be able to dislodge either Ferdinand or Silvestre, given that O'Shea hasn't either? Or even Brown on the bench?

On the one hand it's impressive to see him want to take control of his career, but is still too young for these kind of demands?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair play to the lad ... even if he was to get a year loan deal ... he needs to playing week in week out .. sure look at the liam miller situation ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    What sticks out in his comments if true, is that he has a fair bit of bottle about him. How many 19yr-olds would state openly that they are better than some of the current first team squad? Not many. Seems a lot more sure of himself than JOS
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    At 19, he's hardly in a position to demand first team football off Fergie. Good as he is, would he be able to dislodge either Ferdinand or Silvestre, given that O'Shea hasn't either? Or even Brown on the bench?

On the one hand it's impressive to see him want to take control of his career, but is still too young for these kind of demands?
    I dont think he is demanding first team football at MU. However, now that he has played first team football regularly, even though in a lower division, he is sensible enough to realise that he will need to be extremely lucky to make the breakthrough at MU and he is probably aware that his career could pass him by, as it has others, by waiting.

When his loan spell is over and assuming he continues to play regularly and well, there are bound to be EPL teams who can offer him a better chance of playing regularly in premiership. Everton or Villa could offer him opportunities.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    He scored a goal on the weekend.

Brighton's defending looked fairly suspect, but he didn't seem to be at fault for any of that.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paul McShane

See he scored the winner for Brighton against Crystal Palace tonight in the championship. Two in two games, not bad for a centre-half. He could be one of the ones to get a call-up for the endless amount of frendlies we will have in the next eleven months, whoever it will be whose picking the squad
    one shot... Bang Bang!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Brighton keeping Palace scoreless and McShane has just put them ahead. 0-1 atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silentbob
    See he scored the winner for Brighton against Crystal Palace tonight in the championship. Two in two games, not bad for a centre-half. He could be one of the ones to get a call-up for the endless amount of frendlies we will have in the next eleven months, whoever it will be whose picking the squad
    He would want to play a lot better than he did in the U-21 game in Larnaca. He was woeful, especially in the first half and game away the goal.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    He was top notch in th U-21 game against Switzerland in Tolka, seemed to be the only one in defence who cared
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ha, according to Sporting life, he's Australian... maybe he'd be irish if it was an OG

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ER_Palace.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just seen this quote on a Brighton forum:

"They said on the radio he made the best tackle they have seen for years!!"

and some people are going OTT:

"Paul McShane, officially an Albion Legend!"

"What a night, McShane will be a Brighton Legend no matter what he does for the rest of his career."

and someone got a bit lucky:

http://northstandchat.biz/showthread...hlight=mcshane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    Seems a lot more sure of himself than JOS
    I like to think that John O'Shea is 100% sure of himself but is trying to make a decent living anyway.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    He would want to play a lot better than he did in the U-21 game in Larnaca. He was woeful, especially in the first half and game away the goal.
    I noticed in this game that because he made the early mistake that everyone was thinking he was a poor player for the remainder of the game.With the exception of the shaky start, he probably was our best player after the two wingers.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Agree with Tets. McShane was outstanding against Switzerland. This guy is the real deal. Glenn Whelan too.

His goal for Albion wasn't much to shout about though, a bundle-in from about a foot!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Sorry - I was referring to his goal on Saturday. I just read that his goal last night was really good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

He was absolute pants

against Cyprus for the full 90 mins and gave away one of the worst goals ive ever seen and that other great white hope McGeady was dreadful as well.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    McGeady has been poor for months now. Against the Swiss he showed off a lot of his tricks but his final ball is brutal. He always takes the ball standing, he's never moving forward onto a pass.

I got this e-mail from a Brighton mate of mine - I had asked him if he was at the Palace game:

I didn't go as couldn't afford the 35 quid (!) ticket, however whatever
    McShane does in the rest of his career, he will always be a hero on the
    south coast - Palace are our 'bitter rivals' and we haven't beaten them for
    17 years. I think he's generally considered too good for us, but it would
    be great if we could keep him for the whole season. I wonder what plans
    Ferguson has for him

Henderson isn't too bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Brighton v Crystal Palace is one of the big rivalries in club football in England. He will be a legend for scoring the winner.

Saw him in both U21 games in Larnaca and Tolka. Dreadful in Larnaca as was claimed above. I was hugely disappointed. Did well in Tolka and looked a good player. He has apparently been playing well for Albion too so definitely one for the future. Hopefully Larnaca was an abherration.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast