Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark O'Mahony (F Brighton b.2005)

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Could have gone in the Ferguson thread or this one but De Zerbi had this to say today ;

Maybe Evan has a different shot but Mark is better in terms of possession, he understands the play better.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/242...evan-ferguson/

This is a guy overseeing a results collapse this calendar year, and I don’t see what good that kind of press conference does him, or Ferguson, or Brighton, or his prospects there.

It follow an earlier quote I saw this week where he phrased it as Ferguson having decided to write off his season to address the injury. As though he didn't agree with that course of action. Not his first snidey rodeo towards the player either.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 28/04/2024 at 7:30 PM.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    With everything happening around the Premier League and how much air time the bigger teams get it’s gone under the radar how poor a season De Zerbi and Brighton have had,good chance he won’t be there next season and not necessarily because he’ll get a better job…..
    Brighton do seem to be pro-active when it comes to this sort of thing, and always seem to have a good a manager lined up if necessary ~ ~ There could well be a change of manager at Brighton alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Could have gone in the Ferguson thread or this one but De Zerbi had this to say today ;

Maybe Evan has a different shot but Mark is better in terms of possession, he understands the play better.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/242...evan-ferguson/

This is a guy overseeing a results collapse this calendar year, and I don’t see what good that kind of press conference does him, or Ferguson, or Brighton, or his prospects there.

It follow an earlier quote I saw this week where he phrased it as Ferguson having decided to write off his season to address the injury. As though he didn't agree with that course of action. Not his first snidey rodeo towards the player either.
    It was probably on the Ferguson thread but I did call out De Zerbi a few months ago, maybe even before the new year about his rotation approach (I’d extend that to his in game management too) and the damage that it was having on Ferguson but also the team and their overall form. I may be wrong on this but he seems to play the opposition as he sees it rather than having a settled and preferred first eleven.

I hadn’t been tracking them as closely in the last couple of months but those quotes and summaries of his press conferences come off really poorly on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ferguson has had some words with him about the situation and he’s being a bit frozen out. Maybe Fergusons had his head turned a bit too though?

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    It was probably on the Ferguson thread but I did call out De Zerbi a few months ago, maybe even before the new year about his rotation approach (I’d extend that to his in game management too) and the damage that it was having on Ferguson but also the team and their overall form. I may be wrong on this but he seems to play the opposition as he sees it rather than having a settled and preferred first eleven.

I hadn’t been tracking them as closely in the last couple of months but those quotes and summaries of his press conferences come off really poorly on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ferguson has had some words with him about the situation and he’s being a bit frozen out. Maybe Fergusons had his head turned a bit too though?
    You could well be right, but it wouldn't be unforseen in Brighton that a top asset would move on, it happens plenty there. I'm not sure how questioning the players focus, injury and for the hat trick comparing him unfavourably to a kid making his first start who ended up subbed off at half time helps achieve maximum sale value or even get to the guy scoring again which De Zerbi could have done with in the shorter term.

Three league wins this calendar year so far, Sheffield United / Palace & Forest so maybe a bit less crying in public from him and a bit more fixing the relegation form ahead of next season.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 29/04/2024 at 1:01 AM.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Brighton do seem to be pro-active when it comes to this sort of thing, and always seem to have a good a manager lined up if necessary ~ ~ There could well be a change of manager at Brighton alright.
    Graham Potter's available I guess?

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    De Zerbi is pretty ****ed off with Ferguson and has been for a while. Thats clear enough anyway. Why (apart from not scoring) is another matter i guess.

10. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12