Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1814

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I'm not a fan of Rovers supporters at the best of times but I cannot condone hunting them for sport
    Well they are vermin ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    very harsh lads on a mid table teams supporters, show a bit of charity

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    See that Jordan Adeyemo is back with us for wait his 3rd spell in 3 short seasons! Goodness knows why he wasnt with us at start of season.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    See that Jordan Adeyemo is back with us for wait his 3rd spell in 3 short seasons! Goodness knows why he wasnt with us at start of season.
    Strange one alright that he’s been signed days after the manager was sacked too while no permanent manager is currently in place. Reading between the lines one would assume Henderson had an issue with Adeyemo or something along those lines. Great instant impact tonight anyways coming up with the late equaliser on his (third) debut
    Paaatrick's Agletic

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Adeyamo had a car accident at the end of last season and ended up out of action for a long time, you'd have to imagine this was something already in the offing prior to Hendersons exit as I certainly hadn't heard of any bad blood but I'm only speculating.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    What happened to the brother?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Adeyamo had a car accident at the end of last season and ended up out of action for a long time, you'd have to imagine this was something already in the offing prior to Hendersons exit as I certainly hadn't heard of any bad blood but I'm only speculating.
    Jesus! Wasn’t aware of that at all, good to see him back playing then in any case
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    I see that the closing date for applications for the Dundalk managers job is this day week. Tbh I thought the process would have closed sooner to be resolved sooner. It isnt something that can be rushed I suppose but you'd like to think that a target was in mind before a manager was sacked and then head hunt. I am loving the wild and whacky world of rumours, one would have required the powers of resurrection which which when pointed out wasnt just some mischief making by the reaction and dash to get on google, though the reliable source was probably on a wind up Some interesting names, plausible candidates, some just seem too ambitious, some could be great appointments but carry risk as unproven in LoI or would be steping up from assistant or coaching. If any one of the names connected that seem to be in the frame it wont be poor or inexperienced coaching that relegates us and if you are making a good managerial appointment you will also be committing to backing them in July. In the mean time its just hanging in there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I see the current rumour on the Dundalk forum is that Long is trying to force his way out of Waterford so he can take the Dundalk job in part because Reynolds was let go to Bohs (I had heard Reynolds and Long didn't get on too well) and because Waterford's owner is in jail (pretty sure he was in jail when Long took the job). The rumour mill always provides great entertainment.

On Long as a candidate after seeing you on Monday I don't think he will solve your issues. His downfall at Bohs was his team having a soft underbelly and conceding too many goals (among a few other things). That seems to be what you need to improve, I think goals will come for you when your players start shooting, too many times they tried and additional pass when the shot was on and arguably made more sense.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What happened to the brother?
    Tbh Shearer he wasnt kept on at season end. Have no idea where he is now.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    I see the current rumour on the Dundalk forum is that Long is trying to force his way out of Waterford so he can take the Dundalk job in part because Reynolds was let go to Bohs (I had heard Reynolds and Long didn't get on too well) and because Waterford's owner is in jail (pretty sure he was in jail when Long took the job). The rumour mill always provides great entertainment.

On Long as a candidate after seeing you on Monday I don't think he will solve your issues. His downfall at Bohs was his team having a soft underbelly and conceding too many goals (among a few other things). That seems to be what you need to improve, I think goals will come for you when your players start shooting, too many times they tried and additional pass when the shot was on and arguably made more sense.
    Yeah that Long suggestion is bizarre enough its not impossible. The only thing that could possibly be an issue for Long and with Waterfords owner in jail is that maybe assets are being seized or liquidated to cover compensation. I havent followed the case beyond the initial trial so dont know. There are a significant number of trolls on Orielweb these days, some supporters, some factions aligned with different people in Oriel Park, maybe former managers/coaches and definitely supporters of other clubs that are just on a wind up - setting rumours in motion and even causing some division aong the natives with their posts. Its not hard to wind up some Dundalk fans at the best of times, some would fall out with themselves in a heartbeat but it just shouldnt be so easy!! Corks forum is the only one that Id say was worse for bickering and getting easily wound up by visitors

Im not sure were seeing the same issues with Dundalk tbh, yes we've shipped goals (Sligo and Derry) but I think once the high defensive line was binned were werent so bad defensively - the high press that with the defense pushing up needs to be properly organised all over the field and it isnt/wasnt. There also isnt the pace to cope with a simple ball over the top imo. Im not a fan of 3 centre halves in LoI unless they are top performers in the league, Lopez, Connolly, Redmond type quality where even a lack of pace is made up for by positioning and reading of the game. Pacey sweeper keeper needed too. The whole idea obviously that full backs are attackers and can overload but it just wasnt working. A standard back 4 with full backs pushing on is more suited to players we have. Watching Sean Gannon on Friday he is still well capable of being an overlapping fullback that offers more attacking threat than the attacking wing backs that O'Donnell was trying to deploy, so why the obsession with fashionable rather than pragmatic tactics - a cutting edge in Europe is not on the agenda. effective for LoI is fine, Caulfield basic but effective would do in the short term. We have offered very little in terms of attack, slow, laboured, ball in to feet for Gullan as he isnt Hoban who could make something out of a hopeful punt. Wasted set pieces, Boyle should still be a threat from corners but delivery has lacked quality etc.

I think whats needed is a total reset, get defensively better organised with an old fashioned but less risky set up, allow an additional midfielder sit in a bit, push Benson on more, Horgan back regularly on the wing (not at 10), O'Kane/Durrant opposite. High, Keane, maybe Ostenbrink, Doyle should have enough in centre midfield to be better if the right combination is found. Davies (could be used on the wing), Johnson (centre back too), Mountney etc at full back etc. Central defence of Mayowa, Boyle, Annessley even Muller + others. Again finding the balance and leadership needed (Boyler hasnt been in great form yet we miss him when out too). There is enough there to be better imo, there are players not mentioned that maybe just need a run in the side, build confidence and form, maybe not fair to judge them fully with the tried and trusted not 'clicking' either. A good old 442 manager might just work.... Especially if they get the entire squad on the same page and digging in. Its cliched but its a battle for now and a lot of winning that is grafting for everything and doing it ugly.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 17/04/2024 at 8:26 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Yeah I wouldn't say the Long stuff is impossible but it seems extremely unlikely that he'd jump ship midseason with little to no guarantee he'd be able to build his own squad in July. If it was the end of the season I would say it's much more likely than it is now.

It's probably worth clarifying what I saw on Friday . Bohs aren't a free flowing team at the moment we're in the middle of getting up to speed with how Reynolds wants us to play and his focus is on building fitness of the players rather than tactics (at least that's what he's saying publicly). On top of that we made 6 changes to the side that beat Shels. We dropped our 2 best defenders, Flores was suspended and we had a completely different front 3. With those changes and the wind you pretty much dominated possession, got into good positions and then played 1 too many passes, Benson was especially guilty of that. It looked like a confidence issue more than an issue with how you play. You get a manager in like Devine who's a bit of a character will get the lads being a bit more positive and importantly having a shot instead of trying for an extra pass and I think goals will come. At the other end when Bohs made some changes and added a bit of pace your lads started to look a bit lost. The goal was from a great delivery in wind so they can be hard to defend. Aside from that Shelvey pulled off a couple of great saves from McDaid and Rooney that you would expect them and any other team to put away. Like I said Bohs aren't a free flowing team at the moment, it's very much fitness focused so I would be concerned that the difference between a 1-0 loss and a 3-0 loss is a keeper who from what I've heard can be very inconsistent. Now I've only seen the lowlights from yourselves this year and that game on Monday so I'll defer to yourself on whats the bigger problem but the LOI is usually a pretty low scoring league so consistently conceding 1-2 goals is a much bigger problem than it seems imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Oh no doubts there are issues throughout the team, i just think getting defensively organised is a football 101 issue to resolve, getting a team to be creative, and as you say, confdent enough to score regularly needs a lot more work but I think good coach with fresh ideas could achieve that with a lot of the players available, not all as I do question why the odd squad player is persisted with (more than just this season to go on). Its a close call but the season is still salvagable yet imo.

On Rennies comments on focusing on fitness - its almost criminal in this day and age not to have a team 90min fit for season start with some small fine tuning after. Previous management have questions to answer when going in to a new job for not having a previous side prepped on the most basic level. Its no wonder Devie sides fade. Unless he was hamstrung by injuries and it just is what it is, but a new manager comes in to troubleshoot and his first job is to work on fitness?? Even the players should know themselves what the required minimum is and not grab a soft preseason just cause they are let away with it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Yeah I agree that defence is football 101 but I have seen 2 different Bohs manager struggle to get the team defensively solid. So I'm probably more wary of it than most.

I suppose there's 2 factors in the fitness for Bohs. Rennie wants to play a high press from the few games I've seen & also wants to be quick in transitions so that needs a fairly high level of fitness. The last staff seemed to want more possession to control the game and out of posession they generally tried to sit back. Not the most intensive brand of football so the required levels were probably lower than what Reynolds wants, granted some of the lads look way off the pace Reinkort looked wrecked when he came on as a sub! and that was the same under Devine. Then there's the issue that a lot of the current best back 4 (Keita, Mills, Matheson) only came in after the season started so had no preseason which is going to affect fitness as well.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    First requisite of the players on your team should be that they maintain peak fitness and look after themselves.
    I’m disgusted at the state of some of our lot, ****ing cheek calling themselves professionals

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    First requisite of the players on your team should be that they maintain peak fitness and look after themselves.
    I’m disgusted at the state of some of our lot, ****ing cheek calling themselves professionals
    Martin Miller for example the other night not even getting out of a jog in the first half before getting hooked. I'd say he'll be one of the first names out in the summer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Martin Miller for example the other night not even getting out of a jog in the first half before getting hooked. I'd say he'll be one of the first names out in the summer.
    Sounds similar to his Flora Tallin teammate Vladislav Kreida who was at Pats last year. Was signed on loan for the full season but only lasted until Daly's first game or two in charge in May before being quickly returned to sender, after mainly trotting around midfield barely breaking a sweat
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

Yes we've shipped goals (Sligo and Derry) but I think once the high defensive line was binned were werent so bad defensively - the high press that with the defense pushing up needs to be properly organised all over the field and it isnt/wasnt.
    That’s how we beat ye - even when 2-0 down and clearly being hurt by our pace out wide, O’Donnell was roaring at yer players to push up the pitch, it was absolute lunacy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

On Orielweb yea that you heard these rumours about Long was it? Lol
    Orielweb has sfa relevance anymore. The forum is a poor reflection on what it once was which is a pity.
    The previous owner of it bailed out and granted it free(in fairness he tried to be cautious about who he handed it over to)to whoever wanted it and it's gone really downhill since without no moderation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I never heard one dundalk fan mention Long on proper social media and was a bit surprised that you mentioned him

Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast