Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
Results 1,821 to 1,826 of 1826

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Fans turning up their nose at Maguire. Maybe the standard isn't as bad as fans are saying!

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Fans turning up their nose at Maguire. Maybe the standard isn't as bad as fans are saying!
    Yeah it's a weird one. He may have his injury problems but let's not pretend leagues 1&2 in the UK aren't exceptionally intense both from a scheduling and performance aspect. I'd say if he came back a lot of his injury problems would settle down because he's not expected to participate in preparation and possibly a good chunk of 2 games every week. I'd take him in a heartbeat at Bohs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    There's a number of fans from different clubs on here with a real misplaced sense of snobbery in regards to Maguire by the looks of it- Injury permitting he'd walk into every single team in this league. He's 29....
    I'd imagine it would be his salary expectations that would preclude him from returning here for the next few years,but the fact that noel king is somehow in gainful employment in the LOI means literally ANYTHING is now possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    There's a number of fans from different clubs on here with a real misplaced sense of snobbery in regards to Maguire by the looks of it- Injury permitting he'd walk with a limp into every single team in this league. He's 29....
    I'd imagine it would be his salary expectations that would preclude him from returning here for the next few years,but the fact that noel king is somehow in gainful employment in the LOI means literally ANYTHING is now possible.
    He is a nailed on match for Rovers - he could keep Byrne company in the stand on match nights!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    There's a number of fans from different clubs on here with a real misplaced sense of snobbery in regards to Maguire by the looks of it- Injury permitting he'd walk into every single team in this league. He's 29....
    It sure is PC, but then again if they dug up BB King and he kept us, I couldn't care less, and same for Noel, GSTK
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Yeah it's a weird one. He may have his injury problems but let's not pretend leagues 1&2 in the UK aren't exceptionally intense both from a scheduling and performance aspect. I'd say if he came back a lot of his injury problems would settle down because he's not expected to participate in preparation and possibly a good chunk of 2 games every week. I'd take him in a heartbeat at Bohs
    They sure are, almost every week its a game on Sat, then home or away on Tues and in some cases huge travelling distances of 5-6 hours one way. I used to think top 3 in LOI was much better than L1 and maybe rose tinted glasses outlook in SK era at Dundalk, but its really not.

I'd say current Rovers and Derry would do 'just ok' in L1, maybe end of season whoever finishes 3-6 would do ok in L2, the rest would have to be National League (which is a good standard btw).

On Maguire, wouldn't surprise me if he stayed and joined a L2 club, their avg wages are 2.5k sterling a week, just under 3k euro a week, very few would pay that here for his age profile, maybe none, Hoban is prob on close to that ? But would be few and far between, in almost all cases, and for financial reasons its always better for a player to extend career in England v a LOI return.

Edit, avg wages for a L1 player is 4,750 sterling !!
    Last edited by oriel; 05/05/2024 at 7:43 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192