Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2204

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Absolutely think it will be O'Shea. They are hoping he gets a good result in June to justify it, the one he couldn't get in the last window.

Shocking situation altogether. An absolutely fundamental failure at the top level of the FAI.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Bring back Vera. She can go down in history I assume as the first to qualify for both WCs.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Afraid John Herdman has her beat there!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    does anyone want to read posts 7 and 16 on this thread? it's all going to plan...

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Will be interesting to see if we get any reports in the coming days regarding how that "interview" was received at board level. There must be at least some board members who would want Canham to be stood down from further involvement in the managerial search process at this point.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    I mean I'm not even joking at this point, literally give John O'Shea the job. Canham and the rest of the cronies behind this hiring process have made an absolute mockery of the job and any manager worth his salt will see that and wont touch it with a barge pole, I mean going potentially 8+ months without a manager is gone beyond a joke at this point.

The only thing they can do now to attempt to restore any credibility in the role is give it to John O'Shea as he seems popular with the players, been involved in the set up before and with two friendlies in the summer will have 4 games under his belt as the manager. Considering how much of a mess the FAI have made of the process he's probably the best option as any other option that comes in will have no time with the players or in the set up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    I mean I'm not even joking at this point, literally give John O'Shea the job. Canham and the rest of the cronies behind this hiring process have made an absolute mockery of the job and any manager worth his salt will see that and wont touch it with a barge pole, I mean going potentially 8+ months without a manager is gone beyond a joke at this point.

The only thing they can do now to attempt to restore any credibility in the role is give it to John O'Shea as he seems popular with the players, been involved in the set up before and with two friendlies in the summer will have 4 games under his belt as the manager. Considering how much of a mess the FAI have made of the process he's probably the best option as any other option that comes in will have no time with the players or in the set up.

it'll just be stan staunton part 2. didn't see anything in those two games that made me feel like he has what it takes... the switzerland game in particular was so damning. didn't adapt at all to the swiss dominance of midfield and we continued to play a shape which had no hope of getting a result. everything that went wrong in kenny's reign regarding being too slow to make tactical switches repeating itself, without the self belief that we could actually beat a team, which earned us some of our better performances.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    By September we will be so glad to get a manager in place they will give it to Duffer or Bradser.
    Roddy for Ireland manager you heard it here first..............even interim manager would be great craic

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    The ONLY positive out of all this is that they haven't (yet) reverted to just giving it to O'Shea. We saw enough in the two games to know that he's nowhere near up to the level we require.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    I know people are fed up with this process and the FAI have communicated horribly with the public by setting a deadline they couldn't meet BUT a lot of new managers will become available in the next 3 months between the end of club seasons and the euros so now would be the worst possible time to give up and settle for JOS.

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    There must be at least some board members who would want Canham to be stood down from further involvement in the managerial search process at this point.
    Probably not because then they'd have to try find a new manager themselves or outsource that job to someone else. Then they'll get stick if they don't deliver. I'd say there's a few people though rubbing their hands in glee after today hoping Canham follows Hill out the door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post

I don’t necessarily agree with giving Josh the job now but I did say in a previous post (maybe in the Kenny thread) that things were likely to get worse before they get better but I meant in the context of who the next manager might be and what we might see on the pitch. I certainly didn’t mean to include that the FAI would be shown up to be a complete mess while they’re at it. For goodness sake, any professional organization with a semi-decent recruitment process does a better job at head hunting than these imbeciles. The job challenge and package ain’t the most attractive but it’s also not the worst. They’ve actually succeeded through all this in making it less attractive now. Absolute joke shop.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    I, for one, am delighted that in this process the FAI have managed to reconcile those who stood by Kenny to the bitter end and those who were as convinced in wanting him out, by getting both factions to agree with a simple statement that rings true no matter where you stood on the schism:

Nobody's better than Kenny.

Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Rumours flying around now that Eamonn Dunphy hasn't been this ashamed to be Irish since we drew with Egypt.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Does Canham survive this & do any of you think he may in fact be the reason we don't have a manager ?

Even if he does weather this does he have any credibility capital left to go about implementing his plan for the future of Irish football document, which was literred with the buzz word corporate phraseology he's now being rightly crucified for as a total bluffing fraud ?
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Sometimes, Football just needs a Football Man.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Sometimes, Football just needs a Football Man.
    Indeed
    We need Tony Pulis trying to channel Jack Charlton with a Ouija board in an open back truck filled with burning tractor tyres being driven flat out towards a cliff by Mick McCarthy on pills.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now