Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2267

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Good stuff EB, keep coming with the Nakamura links.
    Out of interest what do you think his transfer fee would be, if you could bear thinking about that thought?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Good stuff EB, keep coming with the Nakamura links.
    Out of interest what do you think his transfer fee would be, if you could bear thinking about that thought?
    Going by fee's in England he's well worth an 8 figure sum. There's also the potential for clubs to earn a lot of money from him as he's the biggest icon in Japan atm. Nakata cost almost £20m and Nakamura's better than he ever was. I'd be disappointed if he left for less than £10m. If I was Strachan and had the choice between £10m or Naka though I'd choose Naka.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought this was an SPL thread, not a Nakamura thread
    And being slightly off topic I hope Hibs can take the first step in ending a 105 year wait to win the Scottish Cup with a win at Pittodrie tonight.
    C'mon the Hibees!
    If you don't like John 3:7...
    There's always Limerick 37!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Blue View Post
    I thought this was an SPL thread, not a Nakamura thread
    And being slightly off topic I hope Hibs can take the first step in ending a 105 year wait to win the Scottish Cup with a win at Pittodrie tonight.
    C'mon the Hibees!
    If I wasn't posting about Naka this thread would be off the first page.

Can't see Hibs winning this.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    i dont know what ye guys are on about, that nakurama guy is rubbish, all he can do is set pieces, even Strachan was going to substitute him against man united before he scored that goal
    think im wrong? i will wait till after the milan ties then come back to me!?
    even neil lennon looks good in the SPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know if that's sarcasm or trolling.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Maybe an opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Maybe an opinion
    Maybe it is but it has to be either sarcasm or trolling. Otherwise he wouldn't post in a thread of which he has absolutely no interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Can't see Hibs winning this.
    They nearly did! Unfortunately once again this season they couldn't hold on to a lead. Still they played well and there was some good performances from young O'Neill and McCann. I'd be confident that they will beat the Dons next week.

See how I keep this thread up the page without mentioning what's his name.
    If you don't like John 3:7...
    There's always Limerick 37!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    They didn't seem to miss Brown and Thomson anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Maybe an opinion
    And the old saying holds best here, particularly relevant in the light of the post under discussion:

"Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one".

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Blue View Post
    They nearly did! Unfortunately once again this season they couldn't hold on to a lead. Still they played well and there was some good performances from young O'Neill and McCann. I'd be confident that they will beat the Dons next week.

See how I keep this thread up the page without mentioning what's his name.

Take it you mean McNeill? He was quality, and has looked very confident in all his games so far. The lad McCann was brilliant, but won't take Whittakers place unless Whittaker is moved into midfield. Stevenson done well when he came on too. Definitely should've won in Pittodrie, we were the better team, just. I was very confident of a replay win until the news on Chris Killen was confirmed yesterday. Collins will need to replace him soon.

As for the 2 muppets Brown and Thompson, we've got better midfielders without them, sooner they go the better

GGTTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    until the news on Chris Killen was confirmed yesterday. Collins will need to replace him soon.

As for the 2 muppets Brown and Thompson, we've got better midfielders without them, sooner they go the better
    GGTTH
    Killen will be a big loss alright, decent player.

Who are your better midfielders than Brown and Thomson? Or did you mean you have a better midfield unit without them?
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    Killen will be a big loss alright, decent player.

Who are your better midfielders than Brown and Thomson? Or did you mean you have a better midfield unit without them?

IMO Boozy, Stewart and Zemama are better than them (Boozy by a long shot) and young Dean Sheils is on par with them. They are great players, don't get me wrong, but the way they've conducted themselves in the media (especially Thompson with his column in the Daily Ranger) is a disgrace from guys who claim to be "die hard Hibees" You can be sure their agent McCock has a lot to do with it too. The club will be far better without them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    IMO Boozy, Stewart and Zemama are better than them (Boozy by a long shot) and young Dean Sheils is on par with them. They are great players, don't get me wrong, but the way they've conducted themselves in the media (especially Thompson with his column in the Daily Ranger) is a disgrace from guys who claim to be "die hard Hibees" You can be sure their agent McCock has a lot to do with it too. The club will be far better without them

While the players you mention are good players H4E, I think it might be a little sour grapes clouding your judgment on this one. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Brown and Thomson are great players YET, they are good players with great potential but they were quite obviously the best 2 players in the team on a regular basis.

Ok their form in the last few months hasn't been great but you are right in the respect that their agent has a lot to answer for.

I haven't been impressed with the way they've carried themselves publicly over the last couple of weeks either. The way things have gone recently, they club will be as you suggest, better off without them.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    While the players you mention are good players H4E, I think it might be a little sour grapes clouding your judgment on this one. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Brown and Thomson are great players YET, they are good players with great potential but they were quite obviously the best 2 players in the team on a regular basis.

Ok their form in the last few months hasn't been great but you are right in the respect that their agent has a lot to answer for.

I haven't been impressed with the way they've carried themselves publicly over the last couple of weeks either. The way things have gone recently, they club will be as you suggest, better off without them.

Agree with all there DFA, except them being best players, agree with their form slip has really been since the transfer stuff started, and they were very important to the team pre all this. But IMO and honestly every Hibs fan I know, Guillaume Beuzelin is BY FAR the best and most important player at Hibs.

The money we get for the other two (which should be around 5 or 5 mill.) would be great for Hibs to get new players in. Collins has made it clear they won't be going anywhere this season though. Will have to wait and see.

Strange how Brown ruled himself out with injury just before a cup match too Wonder what his excuse will be for the replay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This is what I don't understand. I actually like all the players you mentioned too as individuals but if Brown and Thomson are good enough for Celtic then according to you so are 4 or 5 other Hibs players. Why are Hibs so inconsistent so? Rangers are absolutely terrible this season but they're still ahead of Hibs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    This is what I don't understand. I actually like all the players you mentioned too as individuals but if Brown and Thomson are good enough for Celtic then according to you so are 4 or 5 other Hibs players. Why are Hibs so inconsistent so? Rangers are absolutely terrible this season but they're still ahead of Hibs.

Can't explain our inconsistency, this season every club has been inconsistant in some way. Even celtic have had bad games, but still got results, thats what seperates them from everyone else. In the 2-2 draw at ER Hibs played Celtic off the park, but celtic still got a draw from the game, thats why they're champions. But the 4 players I mentioned are perfect in our misfield, when all there. There'll be injury's, and the Hibs squad isn't big enough. Now with Killen out for rest of the season, we're left with Benji and Fletcher. We don't have good enough cover.

About you saying the twins are good enough for Celtic, so was Riordan, then he wasn't. Maybe it wouldn't work out for them at celtic.
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 12/01/2007 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Have you heard the rumour that Craig Beattie could be going to Hibs, maybe on loan for the rest of the season? If he was back to the form he had before his long term injury it'd be a great signing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Have you heard the rumour that Craig Beattie could be going to Hibs, maybe on loan for the rest of the season? If he was back to the form he had before his long term injury it'd be a great signing.

Honestly haven't heard that yet, but with Killens injury would snap it up. Collins has promised a signing within next 2 weeks.

It might be used as part of a deal for the twins, as I remember McCock trying to use David Marshall as bait when we were having the Zibi problems