Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shoulda backed Hearts at 100-1 at the start of the season, George Burley, good manager. Still they haven't played the Old Firm yet so we'll see.......
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldini98
    Shoulda backed Hearts at 100-1 at the start of the season, George Burley, good manager. Still they haven't played the Old Firm yet so we'll see.......
    100/1 ?????? They were 350/1 fifth favourites after Hibs and Aberdeen who were both 250/1 at start of season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Skysports.com can reveal that Rangers are trying to land Nigerian striker Julius Aghahowa on a season-long loan deal.

more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have asked in the local about that Northern Ireland fanclub of Stranraer... Apparently they have exactly 5 members and they just randomly picked a team in Scotland to support as an excuse to go away from home during some weekends
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    100/1 ?????? They were 350/1 fifth favourites after Hibs and Aberdeen who were both 250/1 at start of season
    100-1 to finish in the top 2
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Birmingham offer for Bhoys revealed

Celtic defender Bobo Balde turned down a deadline day offer from Premiership side Birmingham City to stay at Parkhead, it has been revealed.

The Guinea international has been courted by a host of clubs over the past six months, but Birmingham were a late arrival on the scene this week.

Blues boss Steve Bruce stepped in to try to bring the 29-year-old to St Andrews after Fulham ended their interest earlier this week.

A clause in Balde’s contract allowed him to leave the club for nothing this summer, but the stumbling-block appears to have been his wage demands, which none of Fulham, Birmingham or French side Olympique Marseilles were willing to match.

He is now contracted to Celtic for the next four years, and Bhoys fans will hope he can put thoughts of a move elsewhere out of his head and lead the club to domestic glory this season.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/celtic/...p?newsid=18948
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Celtic signed Chinese defender Du Wei before the deadline. Rangers signed Francis Jeffers, Olivier Bernard and Pippo Maniero. They let Michael Ball, Mo Ross and Khizanishvili go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well Rangers certainly strenghtened their squad, mainly by letting Ross go!
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    and Khizanishvili go.
    Why let him go? . I thought he was an important player for them?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Norway defender Claus Lundekvam has announced his desire to join Celtic in the New Year – if Bhoys manager Gordon Strachan still wants him.

Lundekvam was a transfer target for Celtic in the summer, but no move materialized before the August transfer deadline.

But the Southampton star remains hopeful of a move to Parkhead when the window opens again in January.

The 32-year-old, who scored a rare goal as Norway defeated Slovenia in a World Cup qualifier at the weekend, said: "There was real interest from Celtic but they had to sell a couple of guys before I could go and that didn’t happen. I would have been keen to play for them if an offer was accepted but it wasn’t to be.

"The fact Celtic are a massive club and Gordon is boss would have been factors in me wanting to go there. I know him from his time at Southampton. He did a great job for us.

"Of course I would consider going to Celtic in January if they still wanted me. It’s my testimonial year so it would be a hard decision but I would definitely look closely at what they had to offer."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was at Croke Park on Sunday so it was the longest I went without knowing a Celtic result!! Great to come back and find a 4-0 win especially without Magic's goal drought ending (he also scored a cracker vs Austria which I watched in the pub with a Polish lad ) and Nakmura putting one in!
    Great to see Hib's result as well-I'd like Hibs to finish above Hearts as I do like a lot of Hibs fans so needless to say I can't wait for the wheels to come off for the jambos and see them slip back down the table!

With regards to ICT their fan base has deffinatly been bolstered by promotion. I rememebr when they played Celtic a couple of seasons back their captain was saying about how they had lots of fans turnming up for it but was very dissapointed week in week out with the attendance.....manylocals just not bothering.
    It probably won#t happen but i'd like to see ICT go down and see how many of their fans stay on the bandwagon.
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    ICT will not go down this season nor would it be a good thing if they did.

Inverness is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe (seriously it is) although it's population is still only 60,000. It's no shock that it took them a while to develop a fan base as they used to be two seperate Highland league clubs, Inverness Thistle and Caledonians. Despite what some reports say (I think it was in WSC last year) Highland league attendances are awful.

They've progressed quite quickly through the divisions in Scotland and have constantly improved turnout...at least while in Inverness. Unsurprisingly not too many of their fans were bothered with the 3 hour trip to Aberdeen for home games during their enforced stay there.

For the SPL's sake the team they could best do without are Livi. A bit of an MK Dons job, not quite as bad but what they did is still pretty awful, and no potential in the club.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    What bout Hearts just heard they won 4-1 at Livi and they're five points clear at the top. When was the last time a non Old Firm team won the SPL? I'm pretty sure it was Aberdeen with Ferguson in charge.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    For the SPL's sake the team they could best do without are Livi. A bit of an MK Dons job, not quite as bad but what they did is still pretty awful, and no potential in the club.
    Early days yet but can't see them staying up this season....was an outside hoep they do an Northern Ireland and do the job against Hearts today but alas....
    ICT's loss the otherday meant they couldn't jump Rangers.....shame really could have been nice to see
    Two great reuslts for Celtic yesterday.....would like to see the league a bit closer this season but I still think that it's going to be Celtic or Rangers and the more results like yesterday the better

Well done Falkirk-great comeback against a much bigger team.
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    What bout Hearts just heard they won 4-1 at Livi and they're five points clear at the top. When was the last time a non Old Firm team won the SPL? I'm pretty sure it was Aberdeen with Ferguson in charge.
    Aberdeen in '85.Not exactly competitive is it?
    "All I have in this world is my balls and my word,and I don't break em for noone"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    http://media.putfile.com/stanpetrov

Lovely

(and the Pogues int he backgrond when it goes in....)

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    I'm pretty sure it was Aberdeen with Ferguson in charge.
    Who?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Alex Ferguson's achievements at Pittodrie rank right up there with what he's done at United, indeed the big man even says so himself.

He took a team that had been a regional side with little success in recent years (well recent relative to the time) bar a shock win in the Scots Cup final at the start of the season. He joinedat a time when the town was becoming more affluent because of oil and this helped attract some good signings. He broke the Old Firm dominance taking 3 league titles, and several domestic cups.

In 1983 he led the Gothenberg greats to a famous 2-1 victory over Real Madrid (who?) in the European Cup Winners Cup final and their subsequent victory over Hamburg in the European Super Cup made Aberdeen the only Scottish club to win two European trophies.

He then joined a club down south, nearly lost his job, won a few of league titles, and a couple of European trophies.

Interestingly Ebbe Skovdahl is liked almost as much as Ferguson because he brought respecatability back to the club for a while. Hopefully the Jimmys can exceed the Danes efforts, although obviously it's unthinkable that they'll match Ferguson's.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    I have asked in the local about that Northern Ireland fanclub of Stranraer... Apparently they have exactly 5 members and they just randomly picked a team in Scotland to support as an excuse to go away from home during some weekends

Sounds like a laugh Gerrit, but I despise 'fans' who do this.

I'll bet they never go to watch Irish League football and have turned their back on their local teams.

Apparently there's even an Accrington Stanley supporters club in Omagh. That's the same Omagh who's own senior club side recently went out of business, by the way....

The Dublin branch of the Blackburn Rovers fan club has had up to 400 members in recent years - and mostly Irish. Doubtless all real passionate football fans - who couldn't even tell you if Tolka was on the north or south side of the city. Absolutely absurd. Whipping's too good for them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu
    He then joined a club down south, nearly lost his job, won a few of league titles, and a couple of European trophies.

Interestingly Ebbe Skovdahl is liked almost as much as Ferguson because he brought respecatability back to the club for a while. Hopefully the Jimmys can exceed the Danes efforts, although obviously it's unthinkable that they'll match Ferguson's.
    He (Ferguson) was also Scotland manager at Mexico '86.

I quite like Aberdeen, partly cos my sister lives there. I don't actually support any Scottish teams but they would be my favourite, although I'd be happy just to see anyone beat the Old Firm.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast