Results 2,161 to 2,172 of 2172

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy66 View Post
    Would have to disagree about a failed season, going to finish 3rd in a league behind two teams that have dominated it past few few years, AOH QF lost to a side runners up last year and have beaten Grattan two years in a row there now in the comp, Mossie SF lost to one of the two faves to reach final, tough gig having a new team out every week missing players here and there. As ye said Thankless job won’t get the same commitment as other players on club teams unfortunately but that’s how it is.
    I disagree with u i personally do think its a failed season espically with the luxury of players they have to pick upon other team would love to have that luxury to choose from they were well beaten against city wanders in aoh before appeal went in and then absolutely battered last night against watergrasshill and probaly finish 3rd in league behind coachford or grattan by at least 10 points first year in premier i understand but to to not even compete for the league YES it is a poor season i wonder will management jump ship again or demand more money like the last time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Getting promoted and finishing 3rd in the top division is good season in my opinion.

Going on that logic most teams will have bad seasons.

A good season is clear progression which to be fair they have achieved

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goldfish View Post
    I disagree with u i personally do think its a failed season espically with the luxury of players they have to pick upon other team would love to have that luxury to choose from they were well beaten against city wanders in aoh before appeal went in and then absolutely battered last night against watergrasshill and probaly finish 3rd in league behind coachford or grattan by at least 10 points first year in premier i understand but to to not even compete for the league YES it is a poor season i wonder will management jump ship again or demand more money like the last time
    How many teams are above that UCC side that have their pick of players before that teams gets their pick? Genuine Question unsure myself, If every team that comes up to premier are going to be judged as a bad season by finishing below them two then it'll be a while before a promoted team may have a good season, At the exception of Hill plenty teams have been promoted from the other leagues and are doing quite well in those leagues challenging to jump again or even for the league. Easy to say it's a bad season when there's no cups there at the end

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Personally for me and my experience 20 years in Aul finishing 3rd in the premier this year nothing to write home about teams in that division wouldn’t hold their own in premier A and that’s **** poor to worst Premier in years in my opinion Corkbeg village wanderers Glenthorn leaking 5 and 6 goals regular this year few years back all ten times were tough to get points off tbh standard of players is gone way down hill

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed, they have a good year as they have only falling short compared to 2 teams that the rest of the league have behind for years so harsh to judge them on that , especially with college players and their window with the team being so small , hard to get a feel of the league in the first year and sneak out them results that would have them higher , newly promoted and 3rd , you’d take it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For me Jonny sets good standards excellent manager and sound bloke think personally he would honest say himself he’d be disappointed

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is also true , hopefully with Castleview coming it , it adds another strong team to the league as it needs it. Personally would love to see Watergrasshill there as I feel they are more than capable to hang in the premier.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Coachford and gratten are the bench mark for every team each season in the premier but people were saying ucc are gonna shake up the division well they were miles off it in my opinion frm them 2 teams so ill say again finishing 3rd is not a good season winning trophies is a great season all they done this season was talked the talk but couldn't back it up against the better sides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Who talked what talk?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    A lot of ye talk about relegation and promotion here like it actually means something in the AUl anymore. With teams folding, moving to MSL, reforming etc… the leagues are just made up in the summer with some teams being asked to move up a division or 2. I know there’s a few teams don’t even know if they’ll exist come the summer so relegation isn’t even a concern.

Also I noticed the comments about UCC having such a luxury of having so many players to choose from. That in itself brings its own problems. Nothing like having the same group of players playing together for years and then just adding 1 or 2 in the summer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Totally agree latte blow inns and trophies hunter no good to any team solid base of regular and added few way better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    A lot of ye talk about relegation and promotion here like it actually means something in the AUl anymore. With teams folding, moving to MSL, reforming etc… the leagues are just made up in the summer with some teams being asked to move up a division or 2. I know there’s a few teams don’t even know if they’ll exist come the summer so relegation isn’t even a concern.

Also I noticed the comments about UCC having such a luxury of having so many players to choose from. That in itself brings its own problems. Nothing like having the same group of players playing together for years and then just adding 1 or 2 in the summer.
    And the point you make is a very valid one.

But unfortunately there is always going to be this element with AUL as you are dealing with teams not clubs there is no structure in a lot of the teams they are here today gone tomorrow or in sone cases they are somebody else tomorrow.

These teams are the down fall of the AUL and to be fair there is nothing that can really be done about it.

But any serious AUL side will have targets at the start of the season and ultimately that’s what defines whether a season is a success or not.