Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2068

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At the knocka game Tue night I heard a strange request Pony one of knocka subs were telling me that aul contacted their gaffer to ask him can they play 12 o clock sat instead of 2 o clock because Las zarcos lads wanted to go to Cork match sat evening that’s fair enough I was thinking if zarcos were at home but knocka at home.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    At the knocka game Tue night I heard a strange request Pony one of knocka subs were telling me that aul contacted their gaffer to ask him can they play 12 o clock sat instead of 2 o clock because Las zarcos lads wanted to go to Cork match sat evening that’s fair enough I was thinking if zarcos were at home but knocka at home.
    So your telling me the AUL wanted to change the time for gaa match to suit othet team surley this is a p##s take some strings been pulled from certain members of cork aul committee

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Should be some good games tomorrow lads, was going to head to Knocka game but think I’ll go to mayfield now after that venue change. I’ll have a stab of predicting the scores.

WGH 2-4 Grattan
    Village 2-0 Greenwood
    Knocka 3-2 Los Zarcos
    Cathedral 0-4 Coachford

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True story fish the way this season is going Aul could come up with reason to call that game later to suit Zarcos haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Sounds like a fairly straightforward request to change the kick off time to 2 hours earlier no big deal.

Knocka can refuse if they wish I don’t see the problem

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't see any issue with the above asking for 12 O' Clock game whether is be for a baseball/cricket match or what not, It's the county playing as well not like they have boys playing a GAA match. If Knocka said No because they the home team dat fair enough fellas be working etc. Saturdays. But fellas on this be getting carried away with requests being made. Shame it's not 2 QF sat and 2 Sun so that you could see 2 of them over the weekend Some really good ties.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It’s not often I’d disagree wit ye but I do here if it was wedding fair enough but to change it for Gaa match not a chance put shoe on the other foot now imagine ringing the County board and asking um can you change the time of a hurling game sun cause I few lads want to go see a 3rd division aul game they’d tell ya where to go ha

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any team is well within their rights to request a change of kickoff time in order to accommodate their players whatever the reason may be. If the opposition reject it then fair enough, this probably happens every single weekend but we only hear about it when the mighty Knocka are involved.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What a carry on .

Ya , give the opposition a hand there lads. Bigger fools to even entertain it.

Cork are playing , it's our County .
    Are ye all right in the head.

Ref bang on boi. The county board would laugh us out the door .

What next , the ploughing championship

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Nothing at all wrong with asking for an earlier kick off. All they did was ask the question. The home team can either say yes or no and we move on. Knocka will probably be asking can they join the league again the season after next after folding this season never mind asking for an earlier kick off ffs.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
    You’re more than welcome to come out and walk the Waterloo pitch. Water table is still high it’s an old soil based pitch and can’t be cut. We offered our home advantage to Donoghmore but ladies football had pitch booked. Looked at an Astro but after paying €210 Saturday including ref we thought it was too much. Pitch isn’t wrecked we just haven’t had the weather conditions to get it in a playable condition.
    The guy your responding to must have been living in Spain the past 6 months if he can’t understand why pitches still aren’t in great condition

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Mayfield Astro is a strange call from the Hill.

I watched the game last season up in Mayfield in the same cup an they won 1 nil.

Grattan should of hammered um , watergrasshill had 1 shot an won.

They played this season earlier an Grattan won on spotters but should of battered um.

Stranger again Watergrasshill have an intermediate Gaa game away to Dungourney at 7.

Hope they know what there doin

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard through the grapevine that the aul wrong watergrasshill and told them the game is switched to mayfield and ye have no say in the matter and thats that i say aul knew that watergrasshill were up to something because they pulled the game against shandon crltic during the week and had a feeling they do the same Saturday with the hurlers playing Saturday evening

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If so that's another example of random decisions. No help to Shandon recently.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maybe the Hill should of asked Grattan to switch time an venue because there was a Cork County Darts championship game on that the Hill lads wanted to attend and support , or a county fly fishing contest. Ya know urself , tis all about being accomidating in the letter stage of the Aoh

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Might knocka baller haha don’t know what their gaffer up to brilliant cup team so far **** poor league team don’t know what their plan is cause looks to me their going down playing weak team in league last few weeks and strong in cups interesting to see what team Daniels plays tomorrow but for me league should be his priority to stay up but just my opinion

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some day for a game of ball lads. A fine day to be skulling pints in Killarney following the Cork footballers too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Grattan Utd 2 - 1 Rathcormac

Jimbo
    Aaron ,Shinky, Burnsy Fleming
    Gary, Harris, Kenty ,Spitser
    Lee, Bullman

Subs used Scoops,Paudie, Hawkins, Harry, JP

Out of curiosity, to those who went to this game that said the strong lads were rested and great game management, who in that XI would you drop for a big game or cup final?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That looks their strongest team outside of scoops tbh, he’s a fantastic player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Babbs,,,,,Muzzy

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast