Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2018

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goldfish View Post
    ANOTHER **** UP BY THE CORK AUL COMMITTEE ONCE AGAIN. I was speaking to Shandon Celtic skipper and he told me the Cork aul committee member rang the secretary to ask would they agree to change game from sunday morning to Saturday and rightly so refused to change dates to facilitate Watergrasshill as the Watergrashill hurlers were playing sunday and lone and behold a phone call came through on friday from Cork aul committee member to say the game is now off over pitch unplayable even though Shandon celtic argued the point in saying there pitch is playable but Cork aul were having none of it FAVOURISM for the mighty Watergrasshill is there for everyone to see 1 good season they had last year and the Cork aul are falling all over them Beggers belief i tell ya Beggers belief
    To be honest there is Pro/Cons to this I personally don't see any issue with games being requested by teams to be moved to different days if that means the games are being played at this rate. Obviously teams want their best team available. If the opposition team rejects which is fair enough then the games should go ahead as planned on the fixed date. Hopefully the weather clears up over the next few weeks when midweek games kick in and this won't be happening as teams will not have a reason to be cancelling games.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    To be fair to Grattan that's not the Parkview team that started the season they have a lot of new additions recently.

They may be a better team than what we saw before christmas
    That’s not the same grattan team that were doing well start of the season either.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Bweeng, Los Zarcos an Bosco's will all be hit hard with the Gaa an midweek games . I wouldnt worry about the Norries ,,,,,they might get a few additions themselves

On the favouritisim thing.......

There's a Aul rule book there with loads of rules in it. It was written once by those who cared, an respected by those who played. It meant something.

Read it one way , makes perfect sence.
    Turn the book 90 degrees an it looks a different set of rules , an those in this league who are good at the dark arts turn the book as they see fit.

The Aul merely apply the rules , depending on how the book is turned.

Every club has turned it in their favour at times .
    It’s hilarious how the norries presume that every country team is made up of GAA players. GAA will make very little or no difference to the teams you mentioned.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Watergrasshill have a very good 19s side as well so they should have had all of them registered and able to use at any point t during the season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard there was a bit of commotion down in banteer Saturday evening between Donaghmore fc and Castleview fc where a Castleview player with his top off was running after a Donaghmore player around the pitch surley chips and beans will elaborate on this disgraceful carry on

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ANOTHER **** UP BY THE CORK AUL COMMITTEE ONCE AGAIN. I was speaking to Shandon Celtic skipper and he told me the Cork aul committee member rang the secretary to ask would they agree to change game from sunday morning to Saturday and rightly so refused to change dates to facilitate Watergrasshill as the Watergrashill hurlers were playing sunday and lone and behold a phone call came through on friday from Cork aul committee member to say the game is now off over pitch unplayable even though Shandon celtic argued the point in saying there pitch is playable but Cork aul were having none of it FAVOURISM for the mighty Watergrasshill is there for everyone to see 1 good season they had last year and the Cork aul are falling all over them Beggers belief i tell ya Beggers belief
    Laughable. Two teams on 4 games,1 team tryna get it played and the other no interest cause it clashed with hurling.
    If they hadn't played each other yet surely they could have just done it in pophams if it was playable and done the reverse fixture in watergrasshill later!

Granted weather has been brutal but no good reason that game should not have gone ahead.

There was underage games on watergrasshill pitch Saturday so how the phone call made Friday to call it off.

Between that and the richmond/knocka grass cutting scenario another classic day for the AUL Hall of shame but no doubt the blazers will be out for the end of season p**s up and photos.

Hopefully with the bright nights coming we can get back to football and some good league run ins...division 2 in particular wide open.

I presume about 2/3 weeks for the night games?
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 25/03/2024 at 1:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The rules are the rules unfortunately it might annoy lads.

The rule book allows this to happen there is no rule making Watergrasshill go to Shandon.

The AUL will probably have asked them to go to Shandon but Watergrasshill are well entitled to say no.

It might leave a sour taste but no one doing anything against the rule book.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    The rules are the rules unfortunately it might annoy lads.

The rule book allows this to happen there is no rule making Watergrasshill go to Shandon.

The AUL will probably have asked them to go to Shandon but Watergrasshill are well entitled to say no.

It might leave a sour taste but no one doing anything against the rule book.
    Shandon were asked to move the game to the Saturday and said no , play the game on the day it was fixtured for the Sunday

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fixture was put out a week before they rang to try change it to help out Watergrashill..a joke helping out certain teams..didn’t every club get a email saying no games to be called off unless ref calls it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aul night tonight in the Kiln. Few pints with the lads. I'll be in attendance myself, anybody else from this forum going? I presume Ballwasthere will be up the Fob with the Village lads for Monday club .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashedpotato23 View Post
    View held to a draw by donomore today, anyone at the game?
    I heard the view had 4/5 starters playing and should have won by 6/7 they just couldnt score. Played most of second half with 10 when it was 1-1 thet went 2-1 up and conceded with a minute to go. no doubt the strongest team wil play Saturday to get it over the line and start their celebrations.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard there was a bit of commotion down in banteer Saturday evening between Donaghmore fc and Castleview fc where a Castleview player with his top off was running after a Donaghmore player around the pitch surley chips and beans will elaborate on this disgraceful carry on
    I heard that too. his season is over and he will be lucky to escape a ban for the start of next season. Although i did hear it was a very soft red. both players had a kick out at eachother and one got sent off.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rules are rules but didn’t every club get a email stating no games can be called off unless pitch is unplayable or ref calls it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any drama in the Kiln last night I wonder? Grattan and the two teams they have recent history with.. great planning ??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Baller View Post
    Any drama in the Kiln last night I wonder? Grattan and the two teams they have recent history with.. great planning ??
    Jesus Christ boy. It’s not 3 cartels they had in there. Hope nobody got shot in retaliation for handbags at a junior ball game that happened in the past.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Glenthorn deducted 3 points ,,,,,,,that's the end of that.

2 horse race to stay up......Corkbeg and City Wanderers.

Springfield should be OK long as they win at home.

Village get a draw or win against Coachford an they still must be considered contenters.

UCC , the jury is out on them.

Won games we knew they win,,,,,,,were beaten hands down by Grattan. Very iffy in the cups.

Coachford,,,,,,won't stop in fairness. League or Cup

Grattan are a different beast this season. Tis all on the table.

Be interesting to see how the cards fall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    A tight call between city wanderers and Corkbeg to finish 3rd from bottom but even after that they must face the winners of the Premier A playoff to stay up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The league forgot that a couple of years ago and in the end the teams told the league they couldn't be bothered. I can see it not happening again.

Maybe your post will remind them!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And just like that the mid week ball begins. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A lads the weather is shocking few days away in Malaga I had couldn’t post wife said no phones or talking rubbish so I’m back now take it I didn’t miss much grattan game off tomorrow

Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast